Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi FoLCs!
It's been a long time in coming, but I'm happy to be back to post a new story.

The germ for this story began years and years ago (seriously, like more than a decade ago) when I first read C_A’s beautiful short story, “And So It Is.” Her unique take on Alt-Clark’s frame of mind following the events in the episode, “Lois and Clarks” so captured my imagination, that I knew that someday, somehow, I wanted to find a way for *that* Clark to meet his Lois. The possibilities were too tantalizing to pass up.

My thanks go to C_A, who generously gave me permission to reference her work. If you haven’t read, "And So It Is", I strongly suggest reading it immediately.

I’d also like to give my thanks to Kathy Brown and Sue S., both of whom read drafts of this story and gave me invaluable feedback. Thank you, ladies!

Disclaimer: This story was written for fun and not for profit. No copyright infringement intended.

~ - ~

I'd love to hear what you think. Comments?

Top Banana
Top Banana
Good beginning. I like the idea of a somewhat clairvoyant Lois -- it would certainly explain her leaps of logic that turn out correct.

I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good start.
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Kerth
Kerth
Oh my gosh! I am so excited to read more of this story! Lois with any sort of powers is something we don't see enough of (outside of Ultrawoman) so already you've got me hooked. Add to that that it's Alt-Clark and Lois, and even that Lex is the one responsible for it all! shock Great set up!

I'm not kidding, I'm so stinking excited about where you're going with this I can't wait. hyper

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
BJ's back!

This Lois is scarred yet strong, very strong in a manner we have not seen before. Interesting beginning. Oh yeah, thanks for including Louie. His 'guys' are always helpful.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yay, you're posting! I can't wait to read the comments as everyone else gets the pleasure of reading the story for the first time! smile1

Last edited by KathyB; 07/02/17 08:18 PM.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
EEEEK!!! Welcome back BJ!!!! party

Great setup. Can't wait to see where you take this.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thank you to everyone that read the prologue and big, annoyingly loud "SQUEEE!" to those that posted feedback.

Annie B. I loved the idea of a clairvoyant Lois, too. Intuitive leaps, indeed. If we add the telepathic communication that she and Clark shared during the NK episodes, it isn't that far to leap to a Lois with psychic abilities. I hope that you enjoy the way I envisioned this special ability affecting the Lois that we know and love.

Atemis I'm glad you liked the beginning.

Mouserocks Great! It's nice to see when others like the same ideas that inspire me. I hope you continue to enjoy the story.

Morgana Thank you for the warm welcome! I've been MIA for a long while, but it doesn't mean I've given up on LnC for good.

I'm glad that Alt-Lois's strength is coming through. She's had a different life and different challenges from the Lois we know and love. Yes, Louie is always a fun character. Lois's special sources were always fun to see in the series. I hope I can do them justice.

KathyB I know, right! How long has this one been in the works? Thank you, thank you again for all of your help.

folc4evernaday Awe, thanks! It's amazing to see how many FoLCs are still here, posting new stories and enjoying these wonderful characters we all fell in love with so long ago. I'm glad you enjoyed the set up.

Chapter 1 will be up shortly.

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
BJ! So awesome to see you posting a new story! Master of Disguise is one of my all time favorite fics, so I'm super excited to see this. I love the set up, and her connection to Clark is very intriguing. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for them! (excited hugs from a fan)

BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi PuffyTiger! So nice to meet you. Thank you so much for your kind words and for the hug. Master of Disguise is one of my favorites, too. I read it recently and went, "Dang, that's good. I wrote this?" wink

I'm glad you liked the set up. Alt-Lois's psychic connection with Clark was a plot-bunny in my head for a long time. I hope you continue to read and enjoy where the story goes.

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I have tons of stuff to read, and I have a bad memory. I will be waiting to read it until it's done. I like reading the first chapter though to get an idea of what's going to happen and so I can encourage you authors. I try to post encouragement during the writing process, but please know that I'm cheering you on even if I get distracted and don't!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard