Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
To quote Chester A. Riley, "What a revoltnt development dis is."

The Shadow is injured! There are some profound differences between Superman and the Shadow - This exemplifies them.

Comments go here

Last edited by KenJ; 06/21/17 05:59 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Looking at the time, Lamont strode to the phone and looking back at her said, “Time for dinner. Any preferences?”

“Do you have pizza?”

“My dear girl, you are not so far back in time that your arrival predates that of pizza. What would you like on it?”

With a delighted smile on her face, she replied, “Pepperoni, mushrooms, green pepper and olives.”

As he dialed a number, he said, “Coming right up.” When he was finished ordering, he hung up and turned to her. “Any idea as to where he will shoot from?”

I know Lamont gets injured in this segment, but the above exchange made me howl in laughter!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by Morgana
Looking at the time, Lamont strode to the phone and looking back at her said, “Time for dinner. Any preferences?”

“Do you have pizza?”

“My dear girl, you are not so far back in time that your arrival predates that of pizza. What would you like on it?”

With a delighted smile on her face, she replied, “Pepperoni, mushrooms, green pepper and olives.”

As he dialed a number, he said, “Coming right up.” When he was finished ordering, he hung up and turned to her. “Any idea as to where he will shoot from?”

I know Lamont gets injured in this segment, but the above exchange made me howl in laughter!

You'd be surprised. She wasn't that far off the mark. Pizza hadn't appeared in the US until the late 19th century and then it was mostly in New York's Little Italy. It took a while for it to become a general favorite. It really came into its own when service men returned from the Italian theater of World War 2.

kj
Features Writer
Features Writer
I love the historical accuracy you've added throughout this story. Pizza's history in the U.S. and sulfa instead of modern antibiotics are two examples in just this one chapter! thumbsup

Last edited by cuidadora; 06/28/17 08:35 AM.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Cuidadora,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by cuidadora
I love the historical accuracy you've added throughout this story. Pizza's history in the U.S. and sulfa instead of modern antibiotics are two examples in just this one chapter! thumbsup

I do strive for accuracy and a little research never hurts.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard