Epiphany
Folc4evernaday
Part 33

Dr. Kelly threw the switch and the room filled with a blinding light. Resplendent Man and the rat both lit up in an electric blue as the meter needle dropped down slower. She stared at the rat and Resplendent Man with a curse when nothing happened, “I am duplicating cloud-to-ground lightning... The negatively charged atoms move downward to meet the positively charged -- That's it! That's it! I didn't account for the action of the return stroke!”

She typed a few buttons on her keyboard and Lex came to stand behind her. “Have we got it?”

“I think so.” She smiled. “One way to find out.” She flipped the switch once more, and the room flashed in electric blue once more.

Clark smiled to himself as he watched Lois sleep. Everything seemed to finally be falling into place. A federal order for arrest had been issued for Lex Luthor’s arrest in connection with racketeering. Jimmy was home safe, cleared of all wrongdoing, the real bombers of the Planet had been charged and would be serving time for their part in the arson of the Planet. Now, six weeks after Luthor’s attack they were finally back in a good place again. She was back to being his Lois. Fearless, and bold, jumping in without looking and fighting with all her might for what she thought was right.

He brushed a stray strand of hair out of her face with his thumb, smiling down at her. Her legs were still entangled with his from the night before. “I love you, Lois Lane,” He whispered softly leaning in to kiss her.

She sighed against him, “I love you too.”

He smiled, running his palm down the side of her cheek, “Morning,”

“Morning.” She whispered back with a grin, stretching her arms up over her head.

“How’d you sleep?” He asked.

“Better than I have in weeks.” She smiled at him, looking at him through her long eyelashes.

“Good.” He sighed, leaning in to kiss her, rolling them over, so she was cradled in his arms securely as he stroked her cheek, meeting her gaze. “I’ve missed you….this.” He whispered.

She reached up to outline his jaw with her palm, “I’ve missed you too…so much.” She leaned in to kiss him. “You’ve been…incredible through all of this. I don’t know how I would have gotten through it without you.”

“I’m just sorry I couldn’t do more.” He whispered back. She rested her head against his cheek, and he held her close. There were so many things he wanted to say. Finding the right words right now seemed impossible, so he settled for a simple statement. “You know I was thinking maybe we should get a moving truck.”

“A moving truck?” She looked at him confused.

“For you to move in here…officially.” He whispered shyly.

She grinned back at him, “I think I’m already moved in.”

“I don’t mean moving here because you’re in danger and half your stuff is back at your apartment.” He whispered, cupping her face with his cheek, “I mean move in here because you want to.”

She smiled back at him, bringing her right leg up over his hip, “Okay.”

He smiled back, leaning in to kiss her. “Okay.”

The lights flickered, and there was long hum from the kitchen. He groaned, pulling away, “What now?”

“At least we got one night free.” Lois offered, watching him get out of bed and spin into his suit at super-speed.

“I’ll be back as soon as I can.” He promised.

Davenport read off the list of charges, “Let’s see, George Stephens. What do we have here?”

“I’ve already asked for my attorney.” Stephens interrupted.

“I’m just talking. You don’t have to respond.” He shot back. He let out a low whistle. “Westman, huh? So you went to school with all the muckity mucks like Bruce Wayne, Bob Fences, Lex Luthor…huh?”

“Is that a question, Agent Davenport?”

“Just making conversation.” Davenport shrugged. “Geez, you’re so sensitive. You gotta learn to lighten up.”

“If you think you’re going to get me to break down and confess or give you anything you’re…”

“Who says I need you to give me anything?” Davenport asked. “Seems to me you’re set up nice and pretty…until you take the fall.”

“What are you talking about?” Stephens spat irritably.

“Who’s your attorney, Sheldon Bender?” Davenport asked. From the nod of Stephens' head, he knew he was right. “You called him almost a day ago, and he still hasn’t shown up. Wanna know why?” Stephens didn’t respond. “Oh, it’s okay this is completely off the record. The reason why your attorney isn’t calling you back is he’s busy setting you up to take the fall for this whole scheme of Luthor’s. This morning over five hundred million dollars in transactions magically appeared in your offshore accounts.”

“Don’t be ridiculous!” Stephens scoffed.

“I never kid about money.” Davenport laid the printouts in his hand in front of Stephens. “So, it seems to me like you’ve got two options: You could either a: go along with this ridiculous charade and not cooperate with us and be Lex Luthor’s fall guy. Or you could b: cooperate with us and give me what I need to seal the lock on Luthor’s cage for the next nine hundred years.” He held his hands up, giving the impression of teetering a see-saw. “A or B. A or B. Tick tock your honor.”

“I want immunity.”

“I can’t give you immunity.”

“Then what can you give me?”

“I can recommend a lighter sentence and save you from losing your bar license after you serve your time. So instead of serving twenty to life, you’d be looking at around ten years. You could be out in five on good behavior.”

“And the money?”

“It all has to go back.”

“What about my family?”

“They’d be protected. We can ensure a new identity for you and your family after your release.” He handed him the proposed plea agreement. “You agree to surrender your bar license for the time of ten years and serve your sentence in a minimum security facility. In return, you will be reinstated after the terms of your agreement have been met to practice law in the private sector. Which is a lot better than you deserve.”

“It’s not that simple. It’s not just black and white…” Stephens tried to argue.

“Tick tock. Tick Tock.” Davenport counted down.

“Give me a pen.”

“No, mom, I haven’t heard from daddy yet,” Lois said with her cell phone cradled between her neck and shoulders as she helped Lucy move the rest of her boxes from her bedroom of her old apartment and into the main living area.

“Why? Because I guess the FBI doesn’t think calling us is high on the priority list when they’re trying to keep him out of sight. I don’t know, mom.”

Lucy mouthed to her ‘Have you told her?’

Lois shook her head adamantly, “Yes, I know this is hard on you mother. Well, I’m sorry you had to double your medication….Yes, I know medication isn’t cheap, mother.”

Lucy made a symbol with her hand imitating the tirade Ellen was on, and Lois shushed her, ‘Stop it.’ She mouthed.

“Over?” She sighed, “I don’t know mom. Lex Luthor is still on the run. No one’s been able to find him….I know you want to come back to Metropolis but…Of course, we want you back. Don’t be ridiculous! It’s just not safe.” Lois shuddered, looking around the apartment. “Yes, I know what I’m talking about, Mother. It is not safe. You have no idea what that man is capable of…and…”

Lucy grabbed the phone, “Mom, sorry we’re going to have to let you go. I think we’ve got a lead on Lex Luthor. Call you back soon. Love you bye.” Before she could give Ellen Lane a chance to respond, she hung up the phone, clapping the flip phone closed.

“Lucy!” Lois admonished.

“Someone had to do it, and you certainly weren’t going to.” Lucy rolled her eyes, “It took you weeks to get yourself back to a somewhat normal self, and I’m not going to have you go off the deep end again from listening to mom.”

Lois sighed, “You’re a little on the over the protective side you know that?”

“Yeah, well I learned it from this really annoying and bratty sister of mine.” Lucy grinned, hooking her arm over her shoulders.

Bratty?” Lois glared back at her, “Who are you calling bratty?”

“Hmm, you’re right. Bossy. Bossy.” Lucy corrected.

Lois laughed, looking around at the apartment in disarray, “You sure about this?”

Lucy nodded, “Yeah, it’s time. After what happened I can’t live here, and I know as sweet as Clark has been keeping me at his apartment with you I’m cramping on you guys’ alone time. Marci’s got an extra room at her place, and she’s only charging half of what the typical rent is for a room on that side of town. I’ll be fine.” She still wasn’t sure she liked the idea of Lucy moving that far away; especially with Lex’s whereabouts still unknown.

“But Luce…”

Lucy rolled her eyes, “Lois, I’ll be fine. I promise. If Lex Luthor shows up, I’ll be sure to have my 9mm handy…” She winked at her.

“Not funny.” Lois shot back.

“I know. Too soon.” Lucy sighed, resting her head on her shoulder. “I’ll be fine. It’s like a block away from Jimmy’s and from what Bill Henderson said it’s on his route home so if you’re that worried you can have him check on me if it makes you feel better.”

“I just might,” Lois said with a soft smile. “It’s just weird you being in Metropolis and not…living together.”

“I know.” Lucy smiled back at her. “I’m surprised you put up with me for as long as you did.” She bumped her hip, teasing her. “I am going to miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too, Luce.” She sighed, looking back toward the stack of boxes. “What time is the moving truck coming?”

“In about half an hour,” Lucy explained, looking at her watch. “I guess we got more done than I thought we would have this morning.”

“Yeah,” Lois whispered with a smile.

“When’s Clark coming back with those pizzas?” Lucy commented, “I’m getting hungry.”

“Oh, he’ll be back as soon as he can.” Lois said quickly, “Sometimes it takes the place a little longer to get the pizza just right.”

“I’ll have to get him to show me where he finds these places. How is it we lived in Metropolis all our lives and never found any of these authentic restaurants he’s found in less than a year’s time?”

Lois shrugged, “I don’t…” The jiggle of the keys in the front door echoed and they both jumped. Lois looked over at the door as it cracked open with the chain still on it. “It’s fine…” She said nervously. “That’s probably Clark right now.”

“Yeah,” Lucy nodded nervously.

“Lois?” Clark’s voice echoed from the other side of the door, and they both sighed in relief.

“Coming!”

“See? We’re both jumping like rabbits at the slightest sound.” Lucy shot back. “It’s time.”

“Microchips were ingrained into the silver with a small set of tongs when positioned right onto the muscle will turn an ordinary muscular tissue into….” Sam applied the chip to the tissue to demonstrate. “Something extraordinary.”

“Remarkable,” Lucius commented, looking at the change through the microscope.

Clark finished unpacking the last of Lois’ boxes from the truck into the living room and smiled to himself. She had gone with Lucy and Jimmy to help Lucy unpack at her new room mate’s place, and he suspected probably inspect the place. He’d had to practically shove Jimmy out the door when he’d offered to stay and help unpack. Thankfully Jimmy had been more interested in spending time with Lucy at the moment. Once they were gone a super dash to the truck, and a few minutes later everything was in the apartment. He’d wait for the actual unpacking of boxes when Lois got back. For now, it was perfect.

His hand closed around the black velvet box in his pocket. It had taken everything in him not to say anything these past few weeks, but now that the stress had subsided and the case against Luthor was moving forward; it was the perfect time. He was going to ask Lois to marry him tonight.

Dr. Kelly threw the switch and the room filled with a blinding light. Resplendent Man lit up in an electric blue as the meter needle dropped down slower. She stared at the rat carefully lifting the glass casing.

Resplendent Man looked at her annoyed, “What do you expect that darn rat to….?”

In a brown blur, the rat disappeared, burrowing a hole into the wall behind them. Lex came up behind Dr. Kelly, running his hands up and down her shoulders, “You’ve done it, darling.”

“We’ve done it, Lex,” She corrected, leaning into him for a soulful kiss.

Six Months Ago…

“What am I doing here?” Fuentes looked around the room uncertainly. “You can’t talk to me without my lawyer.”

“Your lawyer will be here soon enough.” Agent Davenport said, taking a seat across from him. “I’m here to cut you the deal of a lifetime…if you want it that is.”

“Deal? What kind of deal?” Fuentes asked curiously.

“Help bring down Lex Luthor.”

“No way.” Fuentes scoffed. “I’m not going anywhere near that …”

“Well, then I guess you’ll enjoy your fifteen to twenty-year sentence in Federal Prison. I hear the government is really cracking down on terrorism.” Davenport stood up walking toward the door.

“Wait!” Davenport turned back to Fuentes.

“Yes?”

“What do I have to do?”

“Get him to trust you,” Davenport said with a smile.

Present Day…

Ellen paced around the farmhouse nervously. “How long do we have to stay hidden?”

Fuentes looked toward the window cautiously, “I haven’t gotten word yet that they’ve gotten Mr. Luthor in custody yet. Once him and his team are in custody it’ll be safe.” He reassured her.

Jonathan pointed to the table, “Ellen, why don’t you have a seat?” He stood up, crossing the room to her, “All this pacing is making all of us nervous I think.”

Ellen nodded, taking her seat next to Martha who was quietly sipping her iced tea. “I’m not nervous I’m angry. I’m scared and…”

“What is it?” Martha asked, placing a hand over hers.

“I don’t know how to explain it.” She said hoarsely. “Something is…wrong. Really really wrong. I can sense it. I can feel it. Ever since they left last month…” Ellen said shakily. “She doesn’t call. When I do get her on the phone, Lucy is cutting the conversation short.” Ellen wagged her finger in the air, “Something is wrong.”

Martha looked toward Jonathan unsure what to say. She squeezed Ellen’s hand, “Hopefully this will be over soon, and you can get to the bottom of it.”

“In breaking news tonight, a federal warrant has been issued for reclusive billionaire and philanthropist, Lex Luthor. He’s being charged with racketeering and conspiracy to commit fraud on a federal level. A list of alleged dirty politicians made its way to all news networks late this afternoon. If this list is confirmed we’re looking at having almost the entire Senate and House replaced. This could be a turning point in next year’s election…”

“Lucy get unpacked okay?” Clark asked, helping Lois fold up the last of the empty boxes they’d unpacked.

Lois nodded, setting the folded box with the stack behind her, “Yeah, she’s unpacked and already enjoying some time with her roommate.” She grinned, “She’s nice.”

“I think you’re a little over-protective.” He noted with a smile.

“Me? Never.” She laughed sarcastically.

He smiled back at her, setting the last of the boxes in a pile on the floor. “You miss her?”

“A little.” She admitted sheepishly, “but she was right. It was time.”

“She didn’t move back to the apartment.” He reminded her. “She’s in a safe neighborhood.”

“Lex is on the run…again,” Lois said softly.

He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her to him. “I’m not going to let anything happen to you.” He promised, leaning in to kiss her cheek, “or Lucy.”

“I know.” She sighed, leaning back into his arms. “I think I’m still in reactive mode. Ever since the Planet…”

“We’ve all been in survival mode.” He added, understanding. “It’s over though.” He reminded her. “He’s on the run, but from the police scans I’ve heard this evening, they’re getting pretty close. They’ve got Nigel in custody along with his manservant, Asabi.”

“Mrs. Cox?” Lois asked shakily.

“Still on the run,” Clark said, cupping her cheek. “I’m sure when they find her they’ll find Luthor.”

“You know what I want?” She whispered, leaning into him.

“A Pulitzer.” He grinned back at her.

“Besides that.” She swatted him playfully. “They don’t review those till after Kerth season which isn’t until October.”

“Right, sorry. Three months away.” He grinned. “You were saying?”

“Yes,” She stepped toward, him running her hands up his chest and looping her arms around his neck, pulling him to her. “I was saying what I really really want is to go flying with you and not have to think about the insanity that’s been going on these past few months.”

He grinned back at her, “Well I was going to suggest a flight after dinner…” He began, taking her left hand in his, pulling it toward him as he interlaced his fingers with hers. “I thought maybe we could go out…”

“With Lex still on the run?” Lois looked at him wryly. “Every place within a fifty-mile block has to abide by a nine o’clock curfew.”

“Yeah, but see I’ve got this friend that owes me…constantly butting in at the worst time with these calls for help…owes me a free flight or two. Anywhere you want.”

Her eyes sparkled, “Anywhere?”

He looked at the time, “It’s only five in the evening inVenice right now. There’s this really great place I want you to try…”

“Sounds like you’ve got this planned out.” She observed.

“I figured we were both in need of a night out.” He whispered, cupping her face.

“I could do Venice.” She smiled at him, leaning in to kiss him. “Just give me a few minutes to shower and change.”

His eyes did a little dance, “I’ll be right here.”

“We know you were Luthor’s right-hand man. We know you helped him run his organization.” Davenport paced in front of Nigel St. John with a smug grin. “You cooperate and tell us where he is, and this will go a lot easier on you.”

Nigel stared coldly back at him, “What makes you think I’d do anything to help you, Mr. Davenport?”

“Because I think beneath that English accent and code of loyalty you’re no different than any of the officials we had drug in here. You want to save your own skin.”

Nigel stared at him with a scowl, “I’ve yet to hear an offer that interests me, Mr. Davenport.”

Lois felt the cool breeze against the back of her neck and smiled against the blue spandex as Clark pulled her closer. The lights of the city below came into view as they came in for a landing in a small street. She gave him a peck on the cheek as he set her down on her feet, “Thanks for the flight.”

He smiled, pulling away to change back into his charcoal suit. Within a blink of an eye, he was readjusting his glasses and taking her hand, walking her toward a small restaurant named, ‘Venezia in Amore’

She looked around the intimate setting as they walked up the steps, “The view is beautiful here.” She breathed, looking out at the canal.

Clark smiled, cupping her cheek with his palm, “I hadn’t noticed.” She was wearing a long black knit dress with spaghetti straps, and her hair was curled, hanging down to her shoulders.

She blushed, leaning in to kiss him just as the host returned to the door. “Signore Kent!” He greeted with a smile, holding the menus in his hand. “I see you brought your signora,” He spoke in a thick Italian accent but knew his English well.

He guided them to their table outside, overlooking the canal and the city as the sun began to set. Their server came within a few minutes with a bottle of wine and glasses. They placed their orders, and he left them to enjoy the view.

“This is incredible.” Lois breathed, looking out at the gondolas with lanterns and gondoliers taking people across the Grand Canal.

“Venice was one of the first places I came to when I was traveling after college. I came across this place by accident. It’s small and quaint, but the food is incredible.” He smiled at her, holding his glass up, “The company’s even better this time though.”

She grinned, holding her glass up to meet his in a soft clink, “To good company.” She took a sip of her wine, letting the flavor resonate on her tongue as she looked back at Clark.

It had been an intense few months. To think it had only been six months ago that they had narrowly escaped the hostage situation at the Planet and she had been casually dating Lex Luthor…It scared her to think what might have happened had she not taken Clark’s advice to heart. Had she not asked him about his warning…

Would she ever have figured out the darkness that laid beneath Lex Luthor? Would she ever have figured out how much Clark meant to her? Or would they still be trying to find the courage to say the scary words?

He took her hand in his and smiled, “Do you feel like dancing?” He motioned toward the dance floor where a few couples were dancing to the soft music that was playing. She didn’t understand any of the words, but they sounded nice.

“Sure.” She smiled, taking his hand and allowing him to lead her toward the dance floor. He stopped to tell the host something in Italian she couldn’t quite make out then led her on the floor where other couples were slow dancing.

His arms encircled her waist and the familiar tune of the song they’d danced to many months ago on their first date came out of the speakers.

You’re the light; you’re the night
You’re the color of my blood
You’re the cure; you’re the pain
You’re the only thing I wanna touch
Never knew that it could mean so much, so much
You're the fear; I don't care
Cause I've never been so high
Follow me to the dark
Let me take you past our satellites
You can see the world you brought to life, to life

She looked back at him in surprise. He shrugged, pulling her to him, “I figured since it was the first dance you didn’t run out of my arms …”

She laughed, linking her arms around his neck as he pulled her close, “I just wanted tonight to be special.” He whispered. “We haven’t had a whole lot of time to focus on anything outside of work in a while.”

“Thank you.” She whispered, leaning in to kiss him once more, tracing the outline of his lips with her tongue. She could taste the wine from earlier on his lips as she ran her hands through the hair on the back of his head.

So love me like you do, la-la-love me like you do
Love me like you do, la-la-love me like you do
Touch me like you do, ta-ta-touch me like you do
What are you waiting for?
Fading in, fading out
On the edge of paradise
Every inch of your skin is a holy grail I've got to find
Only you can set my heart on fire, on fire
Yeah, I'll let you set the pace
Cause I'm not thinking straight
My head spinning around I can't see clear no more
What are you waiting for?

Lex watched in rapt attention as the half of the Kryptonite he’d had turned into a powder form slowly mixed in with the paint, turning the white liquid into a bright glowing green. “Don’t spill a drop.” He ordered.

Mrs. Cox nodded, “The trap is set.” She said, handing him a small lead box. “The remnants. Not all of it was able to be ground down.”

“Excellent.” He smiled to himself, “Get the cell ready.

“Yes, Lex,” Mrs. Cox nodded her agreement.

After dinner and a very rich chocolate dessert, Lois collected on her request for a flight with him. Just above the clouds, he wrapped his cape around her, holding her close. “You warm enough?” He asked.

She grinned up at him, linking her arms around his neck, “Very,” She purred, leaning in to kiss him.

“Good.” He whispered back.

“Tonight was wonderful.” She sighed against him, resting her head on his chest, “Thank you. It was just what I needed….what we both needed.” She grinned up at him shyly. “I love you, Clark Kent.”

“I love you, Lois Lane.” He whispered back, “Always have.”

She leaned closer to him, running both hands up and down his chest, “Let’s go home.” She purred seductively.

He grinned ear to ear, and she looked at him perplexed, “What?”

“You called the apartment home.” He whispered with a smile, stroking her cheek.

“Well, I’m moved in now. You’re not changing your mind are you?”

“Not in this lifetime.” He leaned in to kiss her once more.

They landed on the balcony, Clark leaned in to kiss Lois once more, holding her close as he stepped into their home. He set her on her feet then spun back into his suit taking a step toward her, “I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of watching you do that.” She whispered.

He took a step toward her and whispered, “How about this?” He leaned in to kiss her, cupping her face.

“That too…” She nodded her approval as he pulled away.

“You’re everything to me, Lois,” He whispered solemnly. “I don’t know what I’d do if I didn’t have you in my life.”

“Oh, Clark,” She stroked his cheek, pulling him to her.

“Lois,” He whispered, cupping her face with his hand. "I love you. I've always loved you." He pulled out a velvet box from his pocket and kneeled down in front of her.

"Clark..." She whispered, grinning back at him ear to ear.

"Lois Lane, will you...." His face tensed up in pain and he stopped mid-sentence.

“Clark?” She saw him holding his chest in pain.

“Krypt—” He whispered in a low groan, staggering to his feet, looking around.

"Oh, what a touching moment. So sorry to interrupt." Sarcasm dripped from Lex's voice as he appeared before them, holding a lead box with a familiar green glowing meteorite, approaching them with a sinister grin. “Superman!” Luthor crooned with an evil grin, at Clark’s surprised look he laughed, “All this time … you’ve been keeping a little secret…”

“Clark…” Lois breathed in a panic.

Clark put himself between Lex and herself, "Stay back."

"Yes, wouldn't want to put you in any danger," Before she knew what had happened she felt a cold burst of air against her, propelling her against the wall.

"Lois!" Clark super-sped toward her, catching her at the last moment. He set her down near the window and whispered, "Get out of here now."

“Clark…”

He leaned in to kiss her and whispered, “Go.”

She watched as Clark advanced toward Lex, toying with the idea of staying then finally giving in to her better judgment she turned toward the balcony to climb down the fire escape.

“Ah, ah, ah,” A voice from behind her said. She felt a sharp needle hit her throat as a cold cloth came over her mouth. She fought against the slumber of darkness trying to take over her, but it was no use.

“Luthor!” Clark growled, cautiously advancing toward him.

Luthor sped from one side of the room to the other, taunting him. “Such freedom! Exhilaration. Now I know why you enjoy looking down on us mere mortals."

Still reeling from the pain of the Kryptonite and the fact that Luthor was in his Living Room with powers all Clark could manage was, “How?”

“You were never one to dance around were you?” Lex said casually, grinning as his close proximity made him double over in pain. “After seeing how generous you were with your powers and how greedy our latest superhero was, I thought it prudent to …take matters into my own hands.”

A hard blow against his ribs sent Clark reeling as he felt the burning sensation of the Kryptonite’s close proximity. In the corner of his eye, he spotted Mrs. Cox hovering over an unconscious Lois Lane. Panic coursed through him, “Lois…”

He was getting weaker the longer he was exposed to the Kryptonite. He had to get away from Luthor, but he had to get to Lois before…

“Your days of dancing around with Ms. Lane I’m afraid are through.” A burning sensation filled his chest as he looked down to see his shirt had been burned open, “Not so tough now when the shoe is on the other foot, are you?” He grabbed Clark by the collar pulling him toward him and bringing the Kryptonite to him. “Who would have thought the flying alien GOD could be destroyed by a ROCK!” He shoved the poisonous stone in his side, then pulling it out covered in blood. Clark groaned in agony as he whispered, “I’m going to enjoy watching you die…”

Clark stared him down coldly, struggling to release himself from Luthor’s grasp. He could feel his grip loosening. He had to get to Lois. “Lois…”

Luthor brought the rock toward him, and he pushed him back with everything he had, keeping the poisonous stone away as he struggled against him. A hard blow to his abdomen and he saw Luthor wince. “No!” It burned like hell, but he hit him with all he had. To his surprise, he heard Luthor groan in pain. Maybe he wasn’t fully invulnerable?

The sound of a familiar whipping noise and a clang from a metal object hitting his window caught his attention. “There’s only room for ONE SUPERMAN!!!!” Lex hissed in his ear, throwing him to the ground with a powdery residue that burned as it came into contact with him. He cried out in agony, feeling the burning sensation resonate through his body from where the Kryptonite hit him.

Luthor kicked him in the ribs, “Hardly even a fight left in you. Superman?” He scoffed, “When you’re ready for me to finish you off you can find me at the mausoleum at Perpetual Pines. Until then….” He straightened up, “Mrs. Cox, gather Ms. Lane. We have a flight to catch.”

“No.” He whispered hoarsely. He could feel the pain. He could feel his body weakening. He felt a gust of wind in his face, looking where Lois had been just seconds ago. “Lois…”

Without even stopping to change he ricocheted out the open window, feeling his body weakening as he tried to zero in on Lois’ heartbeat. His super-hearing was coming in and out. Without the sun to help him heal from his exposure to the Kryptonite the struggle to keep above the clouds was futile. He hovered above the bay, feeling the gravitational pull lower him further and further to the ground until he crashed into a dark alley behind the fish market.

He winced in agony, feeling his weakened body starting to give into the pain that was overtaking him. ‘Lois…’

TBC...

Comments Go Here

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube