Epiphany
Folc4evernaday
Part 32

Lucy followed Lois into the penthouse study of Luthor Towers, “Clark is going to KILL you!” Lucy hissed in a harsh whisper as they checked the floor to make sure there was no sign of Mrs. Cox or Lex.

“Lex is making his statement with the mayor with Mrs. Cox by his side. It’s the perfect opportunity.” Lois whispered back. “He’ll understand.” She pulled out her lock kit from her jacket and fiddled with the door marked, ‘Beverly Cox’ on it.

“Do the words murderer mean anything to you?” Lucy asked as Lois opened the door.

“Do the words ‘shut up’ mean anything to you?” Lois shot back. “Stop talking. You didn’t have to come.”

“Yeah like I’m going to let you do this by yourself…” Lucy muttered under her breath. “I just got you back to normal after your last encounter with Lex.”

“Stop talking.” Lois whispered, “Look around for anything personal of hers that could link back to Darlene Richmond.”

“This is a bad idea,” Lucy muttered, closing the door behind her as they entered the office. “What about due process? Fruit of the poisonous tree?”

“All I’m going to do is take pictures of what I find and tell Henderson where he needs the search warrant. No stealing. No tampering with evidence. Now, are you going to help me or argue with me some more?” Lois asked in a huff.

“When Clark kills you for risking your neck…again. I’m helping bury the body.”

“Just make sure I’m in the casket upside down so you can kiss my ass.” Lois shot back sarcastically. Lucy glared at her and Lois rolled her eyes, “Just help me look.”

In the hidden office behind the staircase, a dark figure slipped down the stairs, booting up Lex Luthor’s computer system with a click of the button, “Never use your enemy as a password, Lex. You’re too obvious.”

“Anything in the desk?” Lois asked, flipping through the papers in the last drawer.

“Nope. Everything is creepily organized in here. No personal affects. No nothing. Lots and lots of appointment books and project files.”

Lois closed the final drawer then turned to the bookcase. “What are you doing?” Lucy asked.

“I spied Lex coming out of a hidden office behind his bookcase. I’m seeing if Mrs. Cox’s office might have the same setup.” She grinned when she found what she was looking for, “War and Peace.” She pulled the book forward, and the bookshelf slid open, revealing a hidden staircase.

“After you?” Lucy motioned to the steps.

After finishing up the cleanup on the traffic intersection where there had been a fifteen-car pileup, Clark headed back home to change. He scanned his apartment before landing and frowned when he saw no sign of Lois or Lucy. He glanced at the time, uncertain if they could have gone out for dinner. He quickly spun back into his street clothes from earlier after closing the drapes and window securely.

“Lois?”

He walked into the kitchen and found a note on the fridge.

//Doing some research for Henderson.

Be back soon.

Don’t worry.

- Me//

He chuckled at the note from Lois then frowned when he saw another note from Lucy at the bottom.

//Your crazy girlfriend is breaking into Lex Luthor’s penthouse to find evidence.

If we’re not back by seven.

Send help.

-Lucy//

The note floated in the air as he spun into his suit on the way toward Luthor Towers. He spied Luthor still at the press conference with the Mayor and Governor below and sighed in relief. Although it did make him feel better that Luthor wasn’t there it didn’t change how dangerous this situation was.

“Who are you?” Lucy asked when they came face to face with a dark hooded figure at the bottom of the stairs.

“A mutual acquaintance.” Was the response.

“You’re the Batman,” Lois said, recognizing him from the description Clark had given her earlier.

“You’ve heard of me.” He smiled, looking around, “I’d say it was nice to meet you but breaking into Luthor’s hidden office isn’t exactly the best hosting atmosphere.” He waved them toward the stairs.

“What? No! I came here for a reason…” Lois argued.

“It’ll have to wait,” Batman said, pulling out his watch to show the coverage of Luthor’s press conference coming to a close.

A gust of wind filled the air, and she heard a familiar voice, “What are you doing here?”

“Superman!” Lucy looked over at him in surprise.

“Same as your friends here. Looking for evidence.” Batman waved a mini disk in the air.

“It’ll never hold up in a court of law,” Clark argued angrily, crossing his arms over his chest. “No, but it’ll give me the clues I need to make sure the police are on the right track.” He smirked at them, “If I were you I’d get out of here before Luthor gets back here. He left City Hall five minutes ago. It’s a ten-minute drive.” With that, he shot a cord in the air and swung toward the window near the roof.

Clark stared at the mysterious figure, watching as he exited through the window. “So did Clark send you?” Lucy asked.

Remembering their current situation Lois sighed, turning toward the very annoyed superhero. “I said not to worry.”

He shook his head, “Let’s go.

After dropping both Lois and Lucy off at the apartment and returning again as Clark with the excuse of covering the press conference from earlier Clark was quiet the rest of the evening. He still couldn’t believe Lois had done something so boneheaded and dangerous. He hadn’t said anything, afraid of losing his temper and giving Lucy, even more, evidence to suspect he alter ego. He’d remained quiet, mulling over what to say until after Lucy turned in.

Lois set her laptop down on the counter, turning to face him as he finished cleaning up his coffee mug from earlier. “So, are we going to talk or are you going to just continue to ignore everyone all evening?” She asked, breaking the silence.

“Not sure what to say.” He said, shaking his head. “I asked you to be careful, and your response was to break into Luthor’s office.”

Lois frowned, checking toward the living room where Lucy was sleeping. “He wasn’t there.” She whispered. “I was trying to find something….to tie that Darlene character to Mrs. Cox.”

“By breaking and entering?” Clark challenged, crossing his arms over his chest.

“By taking advantage of the moment.” Lois challenged.

“Lois, you could have gotten yourself, and Lucy killed.” Clark snapped in a harsh whisper.

“I couldn’t afford to wait for…” She looked again just to be sure then continued. “You know who. I’m sorry I scared you, but I wasn’t going to just sit around and do nothing…We’re so close.” She held her fingers together to emphasize her point.

“You should have waited for me.” He argued. “You want to bring him down? Fine. I want that too. What I don’t want is to have this case tossed because you and Lucy decided to play detective.” A loud beeping noise hit his ears, and he sighed, “I…I’ve gotta go. Keep the doors locked and don’t go on any more adventures while I’m gone.”

Fine.” Lois harrumphed, watching him change into the suit at super-speed. He let out a long sigh then flew out the window. “Great,” Lois muttered to herself.

Above Wayne Towers, Clark landed on the roof where a monotone beeping sound had attracted his attention. He found the mysterious Batman typing away on a portable device. “Do you mind?”

Clark motioned toward the computer and Batman nodded, turning the sound off. Clark sighed in relief. “You’re playing a dangerous game. You could have gotten them killed.”

“I didn’t ask them to follow me.” Batman shot back. “They showed up. I was trying to get your girlfriend out of there when you showed up.”

“She is not…” Clark began to argue, but stopped when Batman smirked at him. “It’s complicated.”

“I’m sure.” He handed Clark a copy of the mini disk. “You want Luthor?” He nodded, “Here are the breadcrumbs.”

“Thanks?” Clark said uncertainly, taking the disk from him.

“We’re on the same side, Superman. We both want Luthor to pay for his crimes. Why don’t you stop trying to do this alone and accept some help?”

“Help?” He asked, “You don’t exactly have the best tactics.” Clark snorted, crossing his arms over his chest.

“No, but I have stealth skills that allow me to get into places your flashy costume won’t let you go.” Batman shot back. “Not exactly subtle, is it?”

“My mother made it for me,” Clark said sternly, growing impatient with the conversation.

“As I said, not subtle.” He looked back at Clark, “Luthor has you in his crosshairs. Me not so much.”

“You have a real problem with him, don’t you?” Clark asked, noting the tone of Batman’s voice.

“He killed someone I cared about. Let’s leave it at that.”

“I’m sorry.” Clark apologized. “I didn’t know.”

“It’s in the past.” He said walking toward the edge. “Take a look at the disk. It’s all of Luthor’s black market files. Maybe more.” He waved at Clark, “See you around.” He disappeared, shooting a cord across the street and swinging into a hidden alley. Clark shook his head, uncertain of his encounter with the mysterious man. He did things differently, but he seemed intent on the same goal as he and Lois, finding a way to stop Luthor. It couldn’t hurt to check out what he’d found.

When he arrived back home, Clark found Lois curled up in bed, fast asleep. He changed out of his suit and into boxers and a t-shirt, leaning in to kiss her forehead before turning the light out. He still had the disk Batman had given him earlier. Knowing full well he wouldn’t be able to sleep without knowing what was on it; he headed for the kitchen to boot the laptop up and begin sorting through what his mysterious swinging friend had found.

Fuentes pulled out his phone, “Yes, sir?” He looked around nervously. “The Superman problem has been taken care of. No witnesses and no evidence.” He nodded as he listened, looking around the Kent farm he was on. “No, sir, no problem at all.” He hung the phone up and looked toward the Kents and Ellen Lane, “Remember, you cannot be seen. No neighbors. No deliveries. Nothing.”

“I don’t understand.” Ellen said softly, “Why are you helping us?”

“Let’s just say I know a bad deal when I see it.” He sniffed.

Lois groaned when she woke up the next morning, finding Clark’s side of the bed not slept in again. She heard the rapid typing from out in the kitchen and swung her legs over the side of the bed, heading into the kitchen to find Clark typing away at his laptop at super-speed. Her eyes widened slightly, and she glanced into the living room to see Lucy still sleeping. She walked up behind him, taking a seat on the chair next to him. “Lucy is going to catch you one of these days.” She commented.

He shook his head, not looking up from the screen. “I’ve had my super-hearing tuned in to know when she wakes up. Trying to get through these files.”

“What files?” Lois asked, looking over his shoulder.

“Blackmarket files of Luthor’s criminal organization,” Clark said grimly. “He’s got everything from bought and paid politicians to a detailed list of hired guns to handle enforcing his business…” He shook his head in disgust.

“Nice. Where’d you get all that?”

“Our rope swinging friend from last night,” Clark explained, not looking up. “He was the one calling…”

“Oh, so you weren’t avoiding me,” Lois asked cautiously.

He looked up at her in surprise, “Avoiding you?”

She shrugged, “Well…”

“I was upset and annoyed that you didn’t listen, but I’m not going to avoid you.” He said taking her hand in his. “We have enough issues trying to find any time alone these days.” He whispered, gesturing toward the laptop.

She gave him a slow smile, “Tell me about it.” She leaned in to kiss him. “I’m sorry I scared you. I just…panicked when Henderson said he couldn’t do anything with what we had.”

“Lois, he’s not going to get away with this,” Clark promised, taking her hand in his.

“He already has,” Lois said, shaking her head. “Nobody in that office is going to go against the man signing the big fat endorsement checks for them to run for office.” Something clicked in her mind, and she stopped.

“What is it?” He asked.

“That’s it.” She whispered, recalling her conversation with Jimmy.

“What’s it?” He asked.

“Politicians.” She breathed. “What politicians did he have on his payroll. Can you pull it up?”

“Couple of senators. The Mayor. A few judges…” Clark read off.

“What judges?” Lois asked, “Does it say?”

“Ryan. Menken. Stephens and…”

“Stephens??” Lois asked, “As in George Stephens? The same judge presiding over Jimmy’s case?”

Clark nodded, “The very same.” He looked at her in concern. “What is this about?”

“Jimmy said he was researching a dirty politician in City Hall. Stephens was fixing to run for Senate…”

“You think it might have been related?” Clark wondered aloud.

“Lex has no real reason for going after Jimmy.” Lois pointed out. “What else is on there?”

The more they dug, the more and more everything was coming together. The original video of John Black and Detective Jenkins from inside the Planet exchanging money, directions, and the bag with the explosives in it had been on the disk, marked as ‘insurance’ to ensure John Black cooperated and kept his mouth shut.

“John Black’s rap sheet.” Lois tapped her hand on the paper, reading the rap sheet in front of her.

“Background check and notes from Agent Davenport.” Clark said, handing the notepad to her, “He’ll basically do anything he’s paid to do: break in, plant explosives, anything.” Clark smirked as he added, “He’s also a class world snitch.” He took a bite of his potato chip.

“Snitch, huh?” Lois read through his file. “What’s his connection to Jenkins and Harris?”

“According to the surveillance tape, Harris and Jenkins were passing off the explosives to John Black who…” Clark pulled out the security stills of John Black pulling out the explosives from the bag he was handed. “..planted the bombs.”

“So, who hired him?” Lois asked. “Surely Lex didn’t do this himself.

“Nope,” He pulled out the statement they had from John Black earlier that day, “The Boss hired him to plant the bombs, clean out the detective's apartments and to arrange a switch of medication in Detective Jenkins room…all through an offshore account. No face to face meeting though.”

“Really?” Lois said, taking the statement from him.

“Looking back at our original case against him…” Clark pointed at his notes, “Just about every criminal element in Metropolis was paying protection money to this shadowy figure they called The Boss. If we can get your dad and Monique to testify that Luthor is the boss…”

“We’ll have him,” Lois said smugly.

“Smoking gun,” Clark whispered, leaning in to kiss her. “Jimmy’s as good as free.”

“Even with a corrupt DA and Judge?” She asked.

He grinned, pulling out the mockup of Perry’s next edition for her, “Apparently a new judge is being assigned to the case. He’s holding an evidentiary hearing after Henderson brought his attention to the new evidence. We just gotta wait.”

One Week Later…

The courtroom seemed to double in size as the judge entered the room. “All rise for the Honorable Chief Justice Patterson!” the bailiff called out.

Jimmy looked to Constance who squeezed his hand as he stood to his feet. It was the first time in weeks he’d been in something other than a jumpsuit with a number printed on it. His number. N04999. He’d had to memorize it for every bed check. Every meal. Every visit. Everything. N04999. Now here he was in the courtroom with a surprise court date he hadn’t even been told about with a completely different judge. He scanned the empty gallery behind him and to his surprise spotted Lois, Clark, and Lucy waiting with Perry a few rows behind him.

Clark nodded to him with a supportive smile, and he nodded, turning his attention back to the judge as he took his seat. “The court will now hear the case of The State vs. James Olsen in this evidentiary hearing.” Judge Patterson banged his gavel, “Counselors?”

“Uh, Your Honor?” DA Clemmons looked at the judge in surprise.

“Something wrong, Mr. Clemmons? Spit it out.” He gestured for DA Clemmons to speak.

“I’m just trying to understand the need for this hearing. Judge Stephens already ruled….”

“Well, Judge Stephens isn’t here, is he?” Judge Patterson gave Clemmons a stern look. “And before I waste the taxpayers time and money on a case where you have two defendants charged for the same crime I want to hear the evidence. As Chief Justice I think I’ve earned that right, don’t you?”

“Yes, your honor.” Clemmons stammered.

Jimmy looked over at Constance who was smirking to herself but didn’t say anything.

“The state will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that James Olsen maliciously…”

“Save the theatrics, counselor. Evidence. Where is your evidence?” Patterson repeated.

“My, my evidence is that….” He stammered.

Patterson hung his head in frustration, pointing at the case jacket in front of him, “I have evidence from the lead detective on this case pointing at two other individuals responsible for this crime. Where is your evidence to keep your case against James Olsen open?”

Constance decided to intervene as Clemmons began sifting through his file jacket nervously, “If I may, your honor?” She held her hand up.

Patterson nodded, “Please!”

“What DA Clemmons and the state have yet to acknowledge for these past few weeks is how weak their case is. James Olsen was first charged for this crime by the very officers being indicted for the same crime. It is a clear attempt at scapegoating James Olsen for their crimes…”

Patterson gave DA Clemmons a stern look, “Is this true, Mr. Clemmons?”

“Your honor! James Olsen’s father was proven a spy for the NIA! He sat in this courtroom and admitted so much on that stand!” He pointed to the witness stand.

“I don’t care if he’s the Jolly Green Giant! What does that have to do with this case?” Judge Patterson asked.

“I…”

Patterson, fed up banged his gavel, “I’m citing malicious prosecution against the District Attorney’s office and demanding James Olsen be released from custody immediately. This case is dismissed for lack of evidence [i]WITH[i] prejudice.” He glared at Clemmons as he scribbled on the case jacket in front of him, “Mr. Clemmons I want to see you in my chambers when we’re done here.” He snapped irritably before turning to Jimmy. “Mr. Olsen, the court apologizes profusely for this gross injustice. You are free to go.”

“Judge Stephens will have to face the Bar Committee and is looking at federal charges,” Davenport explained as he paced in front of his director. “It didn’t’ sit well with me that so much effort was being put into framing this kid for a crime he didn’t commit, so I did a little digging. Apparently one of the reporters at the Planet, Ralph Simms was fixing to run a big expose on Stephens corruption. Guess who did the research?”

“James Olsen,” Victor said, looking at the evidence in front of him.

“Stephens was on Luthor’s payroll so Luthor took care of the problem for him so he could keep his bought and paid for judge happy. It turns out; the next move was for him to run for Senate. If this story had been run like it was supposed to it would have ruined Stephens and any chance of him winning a seat in the Senate.”

“So that’s why Luthor tried to buy the Planet? To stop a story?”

“No, he was trying to control the media. He had all the television networks in Metropolis, and now he wanted the print. Stopping that story was just an added bonus.” Davenport explained. “We’ve got eyewitness testimony linking Lex Luthor to all ‘boss’ crimes in Metropolis and,” He pointed to a large briefcase on his desk, “I’ve got him on tape admitting to it all.”

“Go pick him up.” Victor nodded.

“Yes, sir,”

Mayson Drake pushed through the doors of the Metropolis P.D. with Bill Henderson and Agent Jack Davenport and Agent Christine Woods in tow. “Listen up, everyone! This is a Federal Warrant issued by the Federal Court to take over all pending investigations at the Metropolis P.D. Everyone step away from your desks and line up against the wall. I don't care about your rank, tenure, or name. Everyone line up!"

Lois felt her legs quiver with anticipation as she stared at the pink and white bag in front of her. It had been over a month since her attack. Six weeks to be exact. Her scars and bruises had faded. The aches and pains were gone. All that was left was her emotional roadblocks that had kept her and Clark from resuming what had been a very active love life.

They’d come close. Very close.

It had taken time, but the more the bruises healed, the more comfortable she came with letting those close to her in again; especially Clark. With some encouragement from her therapist and some very heated make-out sessions with Clark, she’d been able to work through her qualms about him lying on top of her and even having her neck touched. He was still very hesitant since her failed attempt at seducing him a month ago. It had been too soon. She knew that now. She was angry with herself and angry at the world for what had happened. It amazed her how patient Clark had been, finding different ways to show how much he cared in a look or caress.

It was something they both knew would take time. She pulled out the red and black garment, holding it up to herself. She was ready. They were ready. She ran her hand over her chest, imagining Clark’s hands on her for a moment and smiled. She’d been ready for a week now, but the timing seemed to be working against her. She’d planned this evening out for the last few days, ensuring nothing would get in the way.

Jimmy was out of jail and had been practically joined at the hip with Lucy. Tonight was supposed to be a celebration dinner for Jimmy’s release and the announcement of the reopening of the Daily Planet in just six short weeks. Bruce Wayne had gone all out for this black tie affair, and she had every intention of celebrating in her own way once she and Clark got back to his apartment.

After slipping the new lingerie on with a long floor-length burgundy gown, she examined herself in the mirror. Ever since Clark had let it slip how much he liked seeing her in burgundy, she’d made an effort to find every form fitting outfit she could find in the color. Tonight was no different. The sheer material that hung on the silk skirt of her dress accented her curves in just the right way. The lace beaded bodice added the right texture and contrast with her sheer shoulder length straps.

She checked her makeup one last time before she checked the time. Almost six thirty. Just as she began to wonder if a disaster had come up on Clark’s patrol her answer had been answered by the news coverage on the television, “Another power surge has gripped the city this time knocking out the power for the entire Metropolis Transit Authority’s transit line. Four trains filled with passengers are currently trapped on the line….”

Lois sighed, grabbing her purse as she saw the image of Superman flying through the tunnels, “Be careful.” She whispered, turning to leave, locking the door behind her.

Ralph popped the bottle of champagne and poured the bubbling liquid into everyone’s glasses with a broad smile, “Here here!”

“Thank you, everyone, for joining us tonight,” Bruce Wayne held up his glass of champagne, looking toward the other members of the press and his investors with a smile, “While you’re all eating my food, drinking my liquor…” There was a chuckle in the crowd, “I wanted to make two very big announcements. Our first is the reopening of the Daily Planet has been confirmed with all the inspectors. We will be moved back into the original Daily Planet building starting end of next month.”

There was a loud eruption of applause in the crowd. Lois heard Jimmy and Perry whistle from the corner she was standing in and smiled. Not that it wasn’t nice to have a more up to date office complex to work in, but there was something comforting about being in the Daily Planet newsroom again amidst the hustle and bustle.

“Our next announcement has to do with a certain young man this paper has worked tirelessly to see cleared of any wrong doing.” Bruce continued, looking toward Jimmy. “The amount of corruption that allowed the injustice of his arrest to go on for as long as it did still astounds me. Welcome home, Mr. Olsen!”

Jimmy grinned ear to ear, holding his glass of champagne up with one hand and his other arm around Lucy. Lois smiled, looking around the room, watching her young friend finally enjoy his freedom. It was long overdue. “I’m not that great at speeches so bear with me.” Jimmy chuckled, looking around the room with a grin. “I just want to thank you guys for everything you did for me. You never gave up even when every door kept slamming in your face; you never gave up. Thank you.” He looked tenderly at Lucy who smiled back at him. Everyone clinked their glasses and took a sip. Jimmy looked back at Lucy and leaned in to kiss her before turning away nervously.

Lois caught the gesture keeping a mental note to ask Lucy about it later as she took a sip from her glass. Two strong arms wrapped around her waist from behind and she grinned feeling Clark’s lips press against the back of her neck, “Hey, you,” He whispered, running his lips down the curve of her neck.

“Hey,” She handed him his glass, “You missed Jimmy’s speech.”

“Subway underground got trapped from another power surge. Superman had to move the train to the next station.” He explained, running his hands up her ribcage, nibbling at the sensitive flesh on the nape of her neck. “You look … incredible.” He whispered huskily.

“We’re in public.” She reminded him, not making any move to discourage him. She smiled to herself as his hands nestled themselves inside the shawl she had draped over her shoulders and rested hands against her ribcage just high enough to be treading on dangerous territory but low enough to be considered appropriate for public.

“When has that discouraged you?” He whispered in a teasing tone.

She giggled, turning to look at him, “Would it be terrible if we left early?” She reached behind her, running her hand up his thigh as she sighed.

He was wearing a black tux with a crisp white button down shirt, and he really looked good. She’d planned on teasing him on the dance floor a little before dragging him back to the apartment to the very big bed they shared… but the idea of staying here any longer than she had to when her mind kept reminding her of her plans…

“You look gorgeous.” He whispered in her ear.

She eyed the dark tux he was wearing and how it fit him in just the right place, “You look very…” She let out a soft moan, running her hand down his left thigh, “I had this long night planned but…”

He jumped slightly when she reached a little higher and grinned back at him, “Lois!” He whispered, moving her hand away from his thigh, turning her in his arms to look at her.

She grinned nervously, “I, um, it’s been a long week.” She whispered shyly, linking her arms over his neck as she whispered, “And an even longer six weeks.” She moved closer, running her hands down the front of his chest seductively, “Six very long weeks without any…”

“Hey, CK!” Jimmy interrupted, walking up to them. “What happened to you? Lois said you were caught in traffic?”

Clark chuckled nervously, “Yeah, I, um, was on the Transit when it stalled from another power surge earlier. It took a few hours to get out of there.” He explained quickly to his young friend, “Uh, how are you doing?”

“Good.” Jimmy nodded, “Ms. Hunter says I’m due some compensation since the Metropolis P.D. was deemed at fault with the connections to Harris and Jenkins. Got an offer this afternoon.” He let out a low whistle. “Let’s just say I won’t have to worry about my student loans any more if I take it.”

“That’s good.” He patted his young friend on the arm. “You deserve that and more for what they put you through.”

“Who deserves what?” Lucy asked, walking up to them with a glass of champagne in her hands.

“I was just telling CK about the offer I got this afternoon,” Jimmy explained, catching her up.

“Crazy how much money gets thrown at you when the Chief Justice slaps an Ethics Violation against the District Attorney’s office, isn’t it?” Lucy rolled her eyes.

“Well, at least they’re cleaning up the corruption.” Lois pointed out. “A new police commissioner has been named. The cops that were found to be on LexCorp payroll have been placed on leave pending an investigation from IAB. It’s a start. It’s not a solution yet, but it’s a start.”

“Definitely.” Clark nodded, tightening his arm around her waist.

“Hey, after all the things I saw I’m just glad to be out and away from the jail and courthouses.” Jimmy grinned. He patted Clark on the shoulder, looking between him and Lois, “Thanks for sticking by me. I know with everything else going on it wasn’t easy to stay on my case but you did, and I really appreciate it.”

“Anytime,” Lois said, then nodded toward Lucy, “You know Lucy helped out a lot. She helped find the image still with Jenkins in it.”

“That’s how they were able to find the real bomber,” Clark added.

“It was a joint effort.” Lucy reassured Jimmy, “But enough about the case. It’s supposed to be a party. Have fun.” She threw Lois a quick wink before dragging Jimmy toward the open dance floor where several couples had already made their way and were dancing to the live band’s music.

Clark laughed, “I’m not sure if that was a subtle hint to leave or follow them.”

Lois grinned back at him, “I’d be okay with the former. Do you realize this is the first time we’ve had a single night alone together in eight days?”

“It’s been a busy few weeks.” Clark reasoned, pulling her closer.

“I’ll say.” Lois breathed as she molded her body against his.

He groaned against her, “Keep that up, and ….”

She looked around to see if anyone was paying them any attention and whispered in his ear, “Maybe I want to …” She trailed off, meeting his surprised gaze, slipping her arms around his waist. He looked really really good in his tux. Black really was his color.

“Maybe I want to take you home and kiss every inch of your body…” He leered at her hungrily.

“Let’s get out of here.” She whispered.

They made their way into the apartment, not breaking contact for a minute as Lois pulled Clark to the bedroom.

“You sure you’re…oh!” Clark groaned his approval as she reached between their bodies, fingering the waistband of his trousers. He sighed his approval, running his hands down the back of her dress. His jacket fell to the floor as she began working on the buttons of his dress shirt.

“Yes.” She whispered against his lips, “Very ready.”

He lowered the zipper to her dress, exposing the black and red silk beneath. She turned her head, looking back at him with a seductive smile as the dress fell to the floor. She took a seat on the edge of the bed, leaning halfway back and giving him a chance to take the sight of her in.

“You were saying?” She whispered innocently, but there was nothing innocent about the gaze she was giving him or the very incredibly sexy lingerie she had on.

He closed the door behind him, being sure to lock it as he strode toward her, looking around the room that was set up with candles around the bed. “Perfect.”

She ran a hand down her long legs seductively, “You like?”

“Perfect.” He repeated again huskily, moving to where he was standing over her next to the bed. She smiled, repositioning herself on her knees as she hooked her arms around his neck. He gazed down at the red and black silk and lace corset wrapped around her body so perfectly. “You look….wow….”

She loosened his bow tie, then began working on the buttons to his shirt, “You are overdressed, Mr. Kent,” She whispered, leaning in to kiss him.

“Am I?” He teased his eyes dancing.

She ran a hand through the back of his hair, “I’ve been planning tonight for a few days.”

“I can tell.” He glanced down at the ensemble she wore.

“Wanted it to be special.” She whispered in his ear.

“You look….gorgeous.” He whispered, cupping her cheek.

She eyed him appreciatively, “You’re still overdressed.”

He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her to him, “Let’s see what we can do about that…”

TBC...
Comments Go Here

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube