Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#270788 06/30/16 02:47 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

And, thus, brings to a close the Smallville Promises arc. I'm going to take another hiatus while I complete the next arc (so sorry about another delay). I'm trying to jump the A-Plot forward, and that takes some doing.

Many thanks to my betas IolantheAlias and John for sticking with me through all my bumps and delays. Thank you all for reading my never-ending story. smile

Feel free to leave any comments here.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Clark was finding it difficult to keep his feet on the floor, both figuratively and literally.

I'm surprised he was keeping them on the floor literally.

Had he known that the key to his happiness was making Lois happy, he certainly would’ve made other choices since arriving in this dimension. He would’ve told her about Lana earlier. He wouldn’t have lived his life so scared of her reaction to his past.

Or is it knowing that she would be so understanding about the past that made him willing to share?

Last edited by John Lambert; 06/30/16 07:16 PM.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John Lambert: Hey, John! wave Long time no see on the boards! Welcome back! smile

I'm surprised he was keeping them on the floor literally.
At the moment, Clark's feet were on the floor. This is not to say that he didn't float all over that barn doing loop-de-loops.

Or is it knowing that she would be so understanding about the past that made him willing to share?
It's amazing how clear viewing past events are with present eyes.

Thanks for commenting!

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Well, it took two solid weeks, but I've finally read the whole story from part 1! smile I'm so impressed; I can't even begin to imagine how you're able to write so much! I really loved how you used Cat - you kept her flirtatiousness from the show, but added what always should have been there: a solid reporter in her own right with legitimate feelings and multiple dimensions to her personality. I like the changes between alt-Clark and the alt-alt world and how those differences have influenced the plot. And, though it took some time to get there, I'm glad that Lois and Clark are clearing away some of the dishonesty and are coming closer together. That can only lead to more nfic distractions! devil

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
groobie: [Linked Image] Another reader!

Well, it took two solid weeks, but I've finally read the whole story from part 1! smile
Oh, my gosh! thud Have you slept?

I'm so impressed; I can't even begin to imagine how you're able to write so much!
L&C is my social life. wink

I really loved how you used Cat - you kept her flirtatiousness from the show, but added what always should have been there: a solid reporter in her own right with legitimate feelings and multiple dimensions to her personality.
Thank you. Hmmmm. [Linked Image] Cat Grant? I wonder what she's been up to?

I like the changes between alt-Clark and the alt-alt world and how those differences have influenced the plot. And, though it took some time to get there, I'm glad that Lois and Clark are clearing away some of the dishonesty and are coming closer together.
Thanks. Alt-Clark's a different person than canon Clark and therefore could react differently to the same stimuli (and that sounded naughtier after reading your next line. I meant that in a purely GFIC way.)

That can only lead to more nfic distractions! devil
Let's just say, that to be expedient (plot-wise) some of those upcoming NFIC distractions will be more implied than in print. peep

Thanks for giving my little story a chance.

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Oh, my gosh! Have you slept?

LOL...I'm a teacher, so I'm at home on vacation right now. I've been reading it while walking on my treadmill, then flopping on the couch to read some more, then hopping back on the treadmill for some more reading. I lost a pound last week. wink Thanks! laugh

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Oh, my gosh! Have you slept?
LOL...I'm a teacher, so I'm at home on vacation right now. I've been reading it while walking on my treadmill, then flopping on the couch to read some more, then hopping back on the treadmill for some more reading. I lost a pound last week. wink Thanks! laugh
Congrats! I'm glad to assist you. smile

I wish I could hook up some kind of treadmill contraption to my TV that would require a half-hour of walking for every hour of viewing (or simultaneous walking and viewing mode). I find walking in and of itself to be quite boring unless I end up somewhere exciting at the end... and then even then... I saw something online where this dad set up a Exercycle to his home computer and the kids had to bicycle for a 1/2 hour to get 15 minutes of computer time (or something like that). I thought "cool beans!" (Mainly because I'm weird and think weird phrases such as this.)

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Catching up!
Had he known that the key to his happiness was making Lois happy, he certainly would’ve made other choices since arriving in this dimension.
They don’t have the ‘happy wife, happy life’ saying over where he comes from?
ALT-LANA: We do. He’s just stupid.

He had never realized how wrong he had been, or how pleasant a woman could smell. Lois’s sweat was sweet and salty and…
LOIS: cat I think…I’ll go and take a shower, now.

and he pulling out the full pot of coffee from the machine.
[Linked Image] There’s something off there.
CLARK: Oh shut up. The EW said that I’m happy, not that I’m coherent.

Startled, Clark swung around to face him. A thousand questions buzzing in his head, but only one emerged. “How?” he sputtered. Jonathan hadn’t been upstairs since before his accident.
They had started to put in video surveillance in preparation of turning their farm into a B&B?

Jonathan laughed slightly louder. “Plus, the guilt is written across your face.”
[Linked Image]
Also, for when Lois comes down:
[Linked Image]

Then again, when he was scooping coffee into the pot. He hoped it wasn’t too strong.
[Linked Image]

“Did she say ‘yes’?” Jonathan asked.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

Kryptonite fiasco, last year
/takes off glasses, cleans them, puts them back on/ Hmm…no, didn’t help huh

If she changes her mind, she’ll let me know,” Clark said,
Like, when he receives a wedding invitation to the wedding of Lois Lane and her fiancé Clark Kent?

Jonathan added a teaspoon of sugar and took another sip of coffee, before asking, “How will you know she’s ready?”

That was a very good question. One to which Clark didn’t have an answer.
She might become passive aggressive about her friends getting married and having children?

“Or do you believe, because she turned you down once, that it’s her turn to ask you?”
Sounds reasonable?

“No.” Clark shook his head. “If Lois rejected me again, especially on Christmas…” It would taint his favorite holiday.
He could wait till she’s pregnant?

Clark and Lana were supposed to be married on Valentine’s Day. “Never!”
How about the anniversary of her previous wedding?

Lois stood at the top of the stairs, unable to believe that Clark hadn’t sensed her during his entire conversation with Jonathan.
[Linked Image]

Who knew reading was so erotic?
[Linked Image]

After last night, she knew she couldn’t… shouldn’t manipulate him like that. He’d end up hating her more than Lana.
Now look what you’ve done. Clark’s in a conundrum. Lois is confused. Tsk tsk tsk. Although, she might be wrong about Clark because if she does it right, he won’t have the mental faculty left to consider hating her.

This system couldn’t last, though. They would have to find some way to both end up happy at the same time.
[Linked Image]

What was wrong with her? Why couldn’t she get making love to Clark off her brain? She sounded obsessed, even for her, which was saying a lot.
CAT: evil

Her nails dug into Clark’s shoulders as she forced herself to breathe. “Take me outside and throw me into a snow bank!”
rotflol

“You would’ve killed me, if I had done and said the same to you,” he accused.
Points at Rule #66.

She shrugged. “Oh, so you don’t want me wet and naked?”
It might complicate things.

He dropped his glasses in the snow in front of himself and started scanning through her clothes.
Oh, looky there.
CLARK: I *am* looking!

Marry me? he thought, unable to say the words aloud, unable to shatter this perfect moment.

She merely grinned and started to run towards the house. “Catch me if you can!”
clap

Jerome’s eyes widened. “You mean Mr. Cooper disappeared back in the sixties?”

Martha nodded. “There was a state-wide search, but Joan never heard anything. Dick went out to dump the trash in the alley after closing one Sunday and never came back.”
Huh…60s…I wonder…

To her surprise, Jerome actually grinned. “Not as much as I used to.” There was a sparkle in his eye.

She nudged him. “Well, just don’t be loud.”

He flushed. “Mom!” He buried his face in his hand.
laugh

Oh, really? He grinned. He may have misheard, but that sounded an awful lot like an ‘I do’ to him, especially in light of her admission of not wanting him to break his vow.
Uh-huh.

He kissed the side of her mouth. “Marry…” He kissed the other side of her mouth.

“Merry Christmas, Clark,” she said, covering his lips and stealing his breath.

Lois was right. They could discuss the details later.
Oh boy. wallbash

***End of Part 228***
whinging

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: wave

Catching up!
Hey, me too!

They don’t have the ‘happy wife, happy life’ saying over where he comes from?
ALT-LANA: We do. He’s just stupid.
Actually, I had never heard that saying until I joined these boards. So, it's not as common as people might think.

LOIS: /cat/ I think…I’ll go and take a shower, now.
CLARK: I meant that in a GOOD way!

ER: There’s something off there.
CLARK: Oh shut up. The EW said that I’m happy, not that I’m coherent.
Sorry, last minute edit while I was half awake / half-asleep. Thanks for catching it. smile

They had started to put in video surveillance in preparation of turning their farm into a B&B?
And that was the end of L&C's visits to the farm.

Foreman: /Guilty/
Also, for when Lois comes down:
Donna: /I had sex/
Well, that's not exactly what happened.
LOIS: Nope. Not feeling guilty in the least!

/Lorelei Gilmore Strength Coffee/
CLARK: Isn't it supposed to be this strong? I figured that's why everyone watered it down with milk.

CLARK: /well, I'm happy and she's happy, so some sort of 'yes' was said during the night/
Uh, no?

/takes off glasses, cleans them, puts them back on/ Hmm…no, didn’t help
Can I suggest that my computer loves commas as much as I do and automatically enters them randomly into my story? Kind of like autocorrect? laugh

Like, when he receives a wedding invitation to the wedding of Lois Lane and her fiancé Clark Kent?
CLARK: That's how I knew Lana and I had set a date. I mean, something like that. Yes.

She might become passive aggressive about her friends getting married and having children?
CLARK: Lois has friends?
LOIS: [Linked Image] Wrong answer!

Sounds reasonable?
It does, doesn't it? But this is Lois, so...

CLARK: But... But... But... we're waiting.
LOIS: /shrugs/ Accidents happen.

With Lex or that Clark from the other dimension?

Now look what you’ve done. Clark’s in a conundrum. Lois is confused. Tsk tsk tsk. Although, she might be wrong about Clark because if she does it right, he won’t have the mental faculty left to consider hating her.
He'd die instead of her?

CAT: /evil/
And you'll thought Lex and Herb were the villains. devil

Points at Rule #66.
A woman's prerogative.

It might complicate things.
Only for Clark.

Oh, looky there.
CLARK: I *am* looking!
CLARK: This snow's not cold enough.

Huh…60s…I wonder…
[Linked Image]

Oh boy. /wallbash/
Yep. It still doesn't count as a proposal.

Sorry about ending it there for now. My muse distracted me (see NFIC Boards) and she's gone on strike since then. I just can't figure out her demands.[Linked Image] I'll figure it out eventually and start posting again.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Actually, I had never heard that saying until I joined these boards. So, it's not as common as people might think.
Things TV does to a society…

LOIS: /cat/ I think…I’ll go and take a shower, now.
CLARK: I meant that in a GOOD way!
On the plus side: Wet and naked Lois in the shower?

ER: They had started to put in video surveillance in preparation of turning their farm into a B&B?
EW: And that was the end of L&C's visits to the farm.
rotflol

CLARK: Isn't it supposed to be this strong? I figured that's why everyone watered it down with milk.
laugh

Can I suggest that my computer loves commas as much as I do and automatically enters them randomly into my story? Kind of like autocorrect?
clap Or like Lex kidnapping Loises just because it happens naturally?

CLARK: That's how I knew Lana and I had set a date. I mean, something like that. Yes.
laugh

CLARK: Lois has friends?
LOIS: /Is ready now for the big question/ Wrong answer!
CLARK: So, just stay away from that topic, then?

CLARK: But... But... But... we're waiting.
LOIS: /shrugs/ Accidents happen.
laugh There’s also a SQD fic where this happened by accident.

With Lex or that Clark from the other dimension?
Lex of course.

He'd die instead of her?
Would solve some problems, wouldn’t it?

ER: Huh…60s…I wonder…
EW: /tries to downplay huge gun hanging over the fireplace/
clap

EW: I just can't figure out her demands. I'll figure it out eventually and start posting again.
[Linked Image] ?

Unrelated: If it's on Netflix next year, I can totally recommend the upcoming season 3 of Star Wars Rebels. Things should get *very* interesting considering the new antagonists they've brought on board. I believe the phrase is that it was 'very artfully done'.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Bonjour Virginia,
No FDK for this part, sorry, but all my gratitude for your storytelling talent...

I must confess that, when I first began reading your story and understood the premises, I was dubious you'd manage to hold all the threads together.

Boy, was I wrong!!!! (And very happily so.)

I ADORE your story. It's devilishly clever, and the variations on the theme are wonderful (For instance, I laughed out loud when you deflated the Ariana Carlin plot in 3 pages flat on the "second take"... or was it the third?)

Even if I sort of resented Wrong Clark in the beginning (for taking "our" Clark's place), I've sort of fallen in love with the character, and with this Lois.

The first part of the story (1st rewind timeline, with Clark as a ghostly voice in Lois' mind) was absolutely heart wrenching. It also showed how much CK/Superman was needed...

The present part is even more awesome: I adore your Martha and Jonathan and their relationship with 'Jerome' (his secret helping out at the farm was very moving...), and I really enjoyed your twisted variations on HoL and BatP. You juggled all the balls in the air, and none crashed down. I'm really really really impressed... And your Luthor was creepy while retaining all John Shea's charm.

I hope you'll have time to post the next parts regularly, as I'm really on tenterhooks to know how the story develops... Have you planned it all?

Is the 'curse' ineffective in a broken timeline? (The break preventing its continuation) Or does the fact that this Lois and this Clark aren't from the same timeline, they aren't "true" soulmates, so the curse doesn't work?

I'm also wondering how Lois will react once she learns that Wrong Clark isn't the one whose voice she is sometimes "hearing"? Won't she resent him, or remember her feelings at the baby's death?

And what about Wrong Clark's timeline? There is no Superman here.... and I'm afraid HG Wells won't leave it that way.

Apart from the A-plot, I absolutely enjoy your reinterpretation of the episodes. So, please, accept my gratitude for your great story which puts to shame the 19th century serialized novels!!

A French fan.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Millefeuilles: wave

Bonjour Virginia,
No FDK for this part, sorry, but all my gratitude for your storytelling talent...
Wow! Thank you for posting comments and let me know you're reading my story. smile

I must confess that, when I first began reading your story and understood the premises, I was dubious you'd manage to hold all the threads together.
Me, too! Then, again, I had no idea this story would end up being this long.

Boy, was I wrong!!!! (And very happily so.)
Me, too! [Linked Image]

I ADORE your story. It's devilishly clever, and the variations on the theme are wonderful (For instance, I laughed out loud when you deflated the Ariana Carlin plot in 3 pages flat on the "second take"... or was it the third?)
Thank you. Frankly, I've lost count myself. After what Arianna did to Lois in the first book, I don't blame Lois for taking her down quickly.

Even if I sort of resented Wrong Clark in the beginning (for taking "our" Clark's place), I've sort of fallen in love with the character, and with this Lois.
I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Alt-Clark.

The first part of the story (1st rewind timeline, with Clark as a ghostly voice in Lois' mind) was absolutely heart wrenching. It also showed how much CK/Superman was needed...
Yes, Life in that universe was better with Clark. I'm amazed myself at how long I was able to keep Lois... Lois was able to keep herself alive without him. Go, Lois!

The present part is even more awesome: I adore your Martha and Jonathan and their relationship with 'Jerome' (his secret helping out at the farm was very moving...), and I really enjoyed your twisted variations on HoL and BatP. You juggled all the balls in the air, and none crashed down. I'm really really really impressed... And your Luthor was creepy while retaining all John Shea's charm.
I'm glad. I can only see the creepy because my blinders are off.

I hope you'll have time to post the next parts regularly, as I'm really on tenterhooks to know how the story develops... Have you planned it all?
I have the ending of Book 2 planned (yes, people, there will be an ending). It's just the getting to that part that seems to be slowing me down. Plus, my Muse has been distracted over on the Nfic boards lately. My apologies. I'll get back to work on Wrong Clark again soon. I'm trying not to post parts until I have what I can call a full-plot arc (a whole chapter or mini-story line within the major one). So, I'll post in micro bursts.

Is the 'curse' ineffective in a broken timeline? (The break preventing its continuation) Or does the fact that this Lois and this Clark aren't from the same timeline, they aren't "true" soulmates, so the curse doesn't work?

I'm also wondering how Lois will react once she learns that Wrong Clark isn't the one whose voice she is sometimes "hearing"? Won't she resent him, or remember her feelings at the baby's death?

And what about Wrong Clark's timeline? There is no Superman here.... and I'm afraid HG Wells won't leave it that way.
Those are the questions, aren't they? I do have answers planned for all those questions... by the end of my story. evil

Apart from the A-plot, I absolutely enjoy your reinterpretation of the episodes. So, please, accept my gratitude for your great story which puts to shame the 19th century serialized novels!!
Thank you. That's quite a compliment. smile I know it's huge and seems never-ending, but I *do* have an ending planned for Book 2. I promise! Thank you for reading! I apologize for all my delays. I'll nudge my Muse back to Wrong Clark and Lois's plight.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
I've been working on reading this story since I came back to the boards a few weeks ago. I have literally spent every spare moment reading because I just couldn't stop. I didn't realize it wasn't done! I really hope you are able to finish it. It is such a great story. I believe 'The woods' is what you meant by being distracted on the nfic side. What a distraction that was!! I am in awe of your writing talent and hope to read more from you soon.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
jackiek: Thank you for reading. smile Welcome back to the boards!

I've been working on reading this story since I came back to the boards a few weeks ago. I have literally spent every spare moment reading because I just couldn't stop.
thud Wow. Thanks. That's quite a compliment.

I didn't realize it wasn't done! I really hope you are able to finish it. It is such a great story.
Thank you. [Linked Image] Yes, I am still working on Wrong Clark. I currently have Part 237 at Beta. I'm determined to finish it. It seemed as if I was posting so sporadically leaving readers hanging at awful times while waiting for me to write the next part. I like to have at least 5 parts written before posting, in case I need to go back and correct or change some plot point (it's happened before that my characters took me in an entirely different direction than the story needed to go). Therefore, I said I would only post when I had a whole plot arc completed (this story has MANY mini plot arcs), so that I wouldn't leave the readers hanging (or Lois) too long. I know it's been what feels like decades since I've last posted. My muse has been distracted often lately on other stories (see below) and this summer my internet connection will be iffy. I'm hoping that will mean I'll be distracted by OTHER (non-facfic) things less and finally be able to move onto the FINAL plot arc. evil

I believe 'The woods' is what you meant by being distracted on the nfic side. What a distraction that was!! I am in awe of your writing talent and hope to read more from you soon.
Thank you, again. Yes, The Woods distracted me. And then another (still unfinished) Nfic distracted me until it hit a wall. And NOW, a third Nfic has distracted me. [Linked Image] What IS my muse trying to tell me about Wrong Clark, I wonder. [Linked Image] I guess, technically, I could post Parts 229-233 now (as in starting mid-July), if my readers are desperate for another mini-mini plot arc. As I said, my internet will be iffy this summer and I may not be able to get access to internet to post in a timely manner.

Thank you for letting me know that you're reading with your wonderful and Muse-inspiring comments.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
What? You're working on 2 others? Oh man! You should not have told me that! I'm totally excited! smile1 Looking forward to reading anything from you!

And thanks for the welcome back, I'm happy to be back. smile

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Kerth
Kerth
omg not reading the comments because I'm apparently very far behind... just wanted to say WHAT?!! You're on part 228????? jawdrop thud Congratulations man holy cow!

Okay. Definitely need to rearrange my schedule to catch up on this one. (Oh, what a trial to have wink dance )

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Virginia.... there´s been a long time since you left us hanging on a thread… please, come back!!!

I haven't logged in since… 2017... and the first story I came looking for is this… and now I´m so frustrated!! I´ll have to start Reading from the beginning laugh !!!

I´m so eager to read the rest of this marvelous story...

Last edited by chelo; 11/07/18 03:28 PM.

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi Virginia!

I painstakingly pasted each and every chapter into a Word doc, then loaded it into my Kindle so I could read it straight through - and I couldn't put it down.[Linked Image]

I'm so happy you're still working on it, and I can't wait to read more - even if it's just another chapter (or two or three or a dozen)!! [Linked Image]

P.S.
I'm also super curious about the Lois from Wrong Clark's home dimension, since Wells keeps tutting about how much better off Wrong Clark is without her

Last edited by Endelda; 11/10/18 08:14 PM. Reason: additional fdk

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Virginia,

I just realized something! It's not even been five years since the last update. I'm hoping you're doing fine and everything. Am missing this story (and the FDK banter) very much grovel

wave Michael

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Virginia!
A couple of years have gone since you left this story. I hope you are ok, and if there is any chance that you restart this adventure, I personally will be extremely grateful.

Sending you love and hugs from México,
Chelo

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard