Next Thread
Print Thread
#271561 09/02/16 05:07 PM
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hello one and all!

This is going to be a very busy weekend for many of us. But hopefully you will spare a few minutes to read this latest part.

As always, comments are welcomed! thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Well that's interesting that Eduardo sees something in their writing together.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Christina

Well that's interesting that Eduardo sees something in their writing together.

Eduardo knows Lois better than she thinks he does. The man can definitely see between the lines. smile1

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
So, Jasper Templar is Tempus. He may find that Lana doesn't have as strong an influence on Clark as he thinks, and that Lois has more influence than he wants.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Interesting chapter, Morgana! notworthy

I really enjoyed the conversation between Lois and her mother--great job with all the wonderful dialogue smile. It was really intreguing to read between the lines of that scene, see her mother realize how much Lois is falling for Clark, and then to see Lois' reaction when her mom questions her about the situation more.

And then Eduardo seemed to see plain as day that Lois and Clark are a great partnership,etc!

Lois is definitely getting the thought process from all angles. Now I'm just waiting on Clark to realize how bad of a fit Lana is for him smile.

Great information all around in each scene--wonderful set-up.

And Clark officially has his own place dance. Excited to see Lois/Lana's reactions to it.
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
LMA

The best part of this chapter was the conversation between Ellen and Lois. In this alt-universe they are close. Lois may grumble, but she listens to her mother.
Ellen know her daughter and she senses there is more to what Lois is saying than complaining about a co-worker.

Eduardo has been around a long time! wink

Yes! Clark needed a place of his own. Hanging out with Pete was fine, but at this point Clark is in his late 20's and has definitely graduated to living someplace better than over a garage or crashing at a friend's place. Even if he is paying rent. The kitchen is larger than in canon, but it works for a serious cook.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
AnnieB

Yes, Tempus has a secret identity of sorts. But for the time being he is laying low just in case the Time Police from his universe show up.

I like the way you put that about Lana and Lois and where each woman is in Clark's life.

Morgana

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
Lois sighed and began speaking again. “Mom, the man irks me. I can’t figure him out! One minute he’s a professional investigative reporter, the next he’s a puppy dog, hanging on every word that comes out of his obnoxious girlfriend’s mouth.”

Now it was Ellen’s turn to be silent for a beat and then spoke. “He has a girlfriend?”

I like the dynamic here with Ellen and Lois. It's nice to see them getting along instead of the usual love/hate relationship. I see Ellen has some investigative skills of her own when it comes to her daughter's relationship wink

“Since when does my daughter poach another woman’s fella?”

“Poaching? Mother, I’m not interested in this guy! Besides he’s one of those friendly types that everyone likes.” Lois said with a chuckle.

Poaching? Haha she cuts right to the chase doesn't she?

“Oh no? How can you say that? Every man whoever caught your eye - and I can count them on one hand - always irked and challenged you. That weasel Claude never did. This man Kent is not from Claude’s mold. He’s caught your eye, even if it’s in a small way.”

“What about the guys from High School?” Her daughter countered quickly, trying to change the subject.

“Didn’t I say men? Besides, back than you were much too young for a serious relationship.” Ellen’s voice softened and she said,

Mama Ellen is fun! I like her. More please!

Lois sat down at the kitchen table and spoke more to herself than her Mother, her voice rising with every word. “Why would a man as intelligent as him want to waste time with a woman who clearly doesn’t esteem him? Lana Lang … if she was right for him I would step back and respect his choice. Mother, he’s too good for her!”

My thoughts exactly....

“Newsflash: It’s not your choice. It’s Mr. Kent’s.”

Let's hope he can see through Lana's manipulations soon. Come on spine ...

“Lady Plushbottom likes him.”

Both of Ellen's eyebrows raised in surprise. “That spiky little furball? She doesn’t like anyone but you and then only just before dinner!”

“Yeah,” Lois muttered quietly, “tell me about it. Clark was over for one of my tuna sandwiches and we worked on the Arianna Carlin-Luthor interview. Most of the time, Lady P sat near him, purring for all she was worth. What a furry little traitor,” she mumbled.

“Well, if I remember correctly, Lady Plushbottom bit Claude…”

“Yeah, I know. I should have followed her lead and kicked his cologne drenched butt out of my apartment and life then and there.”

Cats certainly do have a way about sniffing out rats don't they hahah?

On Monday morning, Lois awoke determined to put as much personal distance between herself and Clark … Kansas as possible. Her mother, as much as she hated to admit it, was correct; no one should have to endure the pain she went through when Linda stole Paul from her. Not that she had any plans of stealing him from Lana. After all, she had principles, even if Linda with her fake red hair did not.

EEK! Poor Lois!

The thought flashed in her mind. <Lana is going to Europe? What a relief! The newsroom will be spared her intrusive presence for awhile.> With a supreme effort, Lois fought to control her tongue; the last thing she needed was to bad mouth Kansas’ girlfriend.

Don't go there Lois!

“But …but we’re a team!” She hated how peevish her voice sounded.The laughter she heard on the other end came through loud and clear.

“Not anymore we aren’t! I have a new partner! Listen, with Kent you should be able to wrap up the Daae case and bag a Pulitzer nomination, if not the prize itself. Remember you started this investigation without my help. Considering the articles I’ve read from ‘Lane and Kent’ his writing style is a better compliment to yours.”

“Me and Kansas … get a Pulitzer, that’s unlikely! It’s still hard to believe you are giving up journalism to teach American Literature? You’ll be bored silly within a week!”

“Not from where I’m sitting! I have to go; can you forward this call to Perry? I need to have what will probably amount to a painful conversation … with him. Take care of yourself! Don’t frighten Kent off and stop calling him Kansas! Cheerio, mate!”

Clark's getting the nod from Eduardo, huh? Not bad for a rookie, huh?

“That’s funny, Skip told me the rent was $750.00. From where I sit, that’s a two hundred dollar increase.”

Wrenn was surprised that this mild mannered young man had been so direct; he looked like someone he could easily convince to pay the planned increase. “Well, like I said, huh, renovations have to be paid for…”

“…which should not come exclusively* out of my pocket. Look, Mr. Wrenn, the Clinton neighborhood is improving, but improvements only go as far as the people who live here. It’s in your best interests to attract responsible tenants who can pay reasonable rents. I am not going to haggle about the cost. I’ll pay $850.00 for a two year lease. Take it or leave it.”

“What! Two years? Ok, $900.00.”

Clark hated the idea of giving up such a perfect place, but Wrenn needed to know he was not going to be taken advantage of. Reluctantly he got up from his chair and purposefully walked towards the door, he began counting mentally; One … Two … Three.

Clark could almost hear Wrenn’s jowls shake as he barked, “Ok, ok’! It’ll be $850.00 for one year!”

Without turning around and with his hand on the doorknob, Clark spoke firmly, “Two.”

Haha! Nice negotiating skills Clark. wink

“Here, catch!” Bonesteel, barely missing a beat, caught the diskette containing the list of investors Daae had provided, Templar said, “Get on the phone and start working on these investors and make bloody sure to be discreet.”
“Yes, Mr. Templar.” He said nodding, “Shall I send the report of my conversations with the investors to you in the morning?”
“Of course, imbecile,” he snarled, “no one else should be reading those reports.”

And where did this diskette come from? I smell a rat....or maybe a virus...from the Daily Planet hmmm?

She could have easily departed to one of the sleeping berths and read. Still she had made the most of her situation and charmed both men, in the meantime she discerned the inner workings of the board better than perhaps even her father, Professor Lang. Mlle. Lang was witty, intelligent, and more than willing to change a situation to her favor.

Yeah, I'll bet.

The first step in recovering lost ground was granting an interview; one that was up close and personal - the kind which his lovely wife had participated in the week before. Since he was Metropolis key resident the most popular news outlet would have to be the Daily Planet. With its international reputation for truth and fairness it was the only logical choice. What better reporter to ask than Lois Lane? He had noted Daae had taken considerable delight in needling her. After reading the news of her belittlement the next day in the Metropolis Star, he was certain her professional pride and private ego had taken a thrashing.

Uh-oh...

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer

I like the dynamic here with Ellen and Lois. It's nice to see them getting along instead of the usual love/hate relationship. I see Ellen has some investigative skills of her own when it comes to her daughter's relationship wink

Well let's think about it, Lois must have gotten her investigative skills from someone in the family. Ellen wants the best for her daughter and she knows what kind of man Lois is attracted to; someone that makes her think and improve. Something Claude was incapable of doing since he was so self-centered. Besides, isn't it a telltale sign that when you are interested in someone you constantly talk about them? Lois is giving off all the classic signs!

And where did this diskette come from? I smell a rat....or maybe a virus...from the Daily Planet hmmm?

As you know by now, the virus was just a virus. But ah, what a great way to get Lois to invite Clark to her place for work. rotflol

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard