Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The Story

Thank you for reading this little Father's Day vignette. I apologize for any mistakes. As this story wasn't Beta read, they all belong to me. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was so sweet!!!

Clark may not be there for the little things but he's there where it counts. I think most fathers can relate to that. thumbsup

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
What a delightful story!!! clap

I love the parallel stories, and the comparison of how Perry and Clark juggled family and work. And the prize for Super Dad was, well priceless! Who else but Superman would be Super Dad? laugh

I have this vision of a very uncomfortable Clark having to wear - or squirm out of wearing - a blue shirt and red cape! Glad he escaped that fate! lol

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
That was great! Love how Perry had a second chance to do things better and tried to encourage his son to do the same. lol at the prize. Good timing for a rescue.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Cute story. I liked seeing Keith again. (I assume that this is the Keith from the post-Byrnes-era comics?)

One question. Toward the end of the story is the line
Lois took each of her children by the hand and the four of them slowly headed to the parking lot.
I'm not sure where four came from. Depending on whether or not you count the unborn twins, I count either three or five people from their family walking to the parking lot. (Clark isn't with them.) Am I missing something?

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you all for reading and leaving comments. I appreciate it. smile1

Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
This was so sweet!!!

Clark may not be there for the little things but he's there where it counts. I think most fathers can relate to that. thumbsup
And many working moms. Clark will still kick himself for having to leave and missing every little moment.

Originally Posted by cuidadora
What a delightful story!!! clap

I love the parallel stories, and the comparison of how Perry and Clark juggled family and work. And the prize for Super Dad was, well priceless! Who else but Superman would be Super Dad? laugh
Lots have changed in how men are viewed and see their roles as fathers between Perry and Clark's generations. I like that Perry wants to better himself as a father using Clark as an example.

I have this vision of a very uncomfortable Clark having to wear - or squirm out of wearing - a blue shirt and red cape! Glad he escaped that fate! lol
Escaped? No. Lois will still make him wear the shirt at home (at least once). evil

Originally Posted by jackiek
That was great! Love how Perry had a second chance to do things better and tried to encourage his son to do the same. lol at the prize. Good timing for a rescue.
Thank you. Let's hope Perry's newfound goals stick with him a bit longer than the first time. I don't know if Clark would see the rescue as well timed. Except pulling off his stained shirt to put on the Super shirt might not have gone over well if his glasses had fallen off in the process.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Cute story. I liked seeing Keith again. (I assume that this is the Keith from the post-Byrnes-era comics?)
The very same. I don't know him very well, as I didn't read those comics, but he's based on that character, yes.

One question. Toward the end of the story is the line
Originally Posted by TIoF
Lois took each of her children by the hand and the four of them slowly headed to the parking lot.
I'm not sure where four came from. Depending on whether or not you count the unborn twins, I count either three or five people from their family walking to the parking lot. (Clark isn't with them.) Am I missing something?
Keith, having seen that Clark wasn't there, was helping Lois and the kids to the car. He's the fourth and why Perry is so proud, watching his new son volunteer to help Lois without being asked. (That's some wishful thinking on my part for the future behavior of my son... IF ONLY, I didn't have to ask him 156 times to do something and he just did it. Jerry, Perry's 16 y.o. from scene 1, was loosely based on my almost 10 y.o. son. wallbash )

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Keith, having seen that Clark wasn't there, was helping Lois and the kids to the car. He's the fourth
wallbash D'oh! Of course! I guess that's what happens when I fight off sleep to finish a story. I have been running quite low on sleep the past few days, and I had really been struggling to stay awake so that I could read your story. I guess my reading comprehension really suffered from my exhaustion. Sorry about that.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
D'oh! Of course! I guess that's what happens when I fight off sleep to finish a story. I have been running quite low on sleep the past few days, and I had really been struggling to stay awake so that I could read your story. I guess my reading comprehension really suffered from my exhaustion. Sorry about that.
Don't worry about it. Sleep has been evading us (adults) at my house, too. Let's hope the summer brings you extra restful sleeps and relaxation.

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
clap This was so sweet I got a toothache! It was adorable, but had its touching moments. I love that Perry was able to acknowledge his faults, and his pointing to Clark as an example was at once both heart-warming and heart-breaking. Perry's such a good character, it's hard to see him as anything else, but everybody has their struggles and I think you depicted that very well here.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mouserocks: Thank you for reading and your comments.

clap This was so sweet I got a toothache!
Thanks, I think. crazy

It was adorable, but had its touching moments. I love that Perry was able to acknowledge his faults, and his pointing to Clark as an example was at once both heart-warming and heart-breaking. Perry's such a good character, it's hard to see him as anything else, but everybody has their struggles and I think you depicted that very well here.
I was in a dark mood when I started writing this, so I'm glad you noticed that even our favorite characters can be flawed. I figured if I posted it as only the first scene, I'd been burnt alive by Perry's fans, so I better redeem him, even if it took 20 years.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Finally getting a chance to read this. Love it! What a sweet story. When I saw the title, I immediately thought it would be about Jonathan and Clark. (Young, newly super Clark.) I was so pleasantly surprised to see it be about Perry and his boys, with Clark still factored in.

I love how Perry is really striving to be and do much better by his boys. Awesome story!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Deadly Chakram: Thank you for reading. smile

Finally getting a chance to read this. Love it! What a sweet story. When I saw the title, I immediately thought it would be about Jonathan and Clark. (Young, newly super Clark.) I was so pleasantly surprised to see it be about Perry and his boys, with Clark still factored in.
Thank you. I was in the mood to write about a bad father, and I love Clark too much to do that to him. As I started writing this, Perry showed me that he wasn't intentionally a bad father. He was just so caught up in his career that he neglected his family, but it wasn't willful.

I love how Perry is really striving to be and do much better by his boys. Awesome story!
At the end of the series, it appears as if Perry and Alice are reconciling. I'm hoping his second chance with Alice gave Perry the courage to do the same with his sons and make sure that he didn't neglect them this time around.

Thank you for commenting. smile1

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard