Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Finished.

Thus ends this story, its taken four years and three months to bring it to this point. I am very grateful to all those readers who stuck with me!

Happy shoutouts to three excellent betas:

Ken Janney: Whose expertise in all things military, computer and medicine have kept me well grounded in reality.

Mike Matix: A fantastic gentleman whose listening ear kept me from straying to the dark side.

UltraWoman: A long-time FoLC without whose gentle prodding, incredible patience and sense of humor, it would have taken even longer for the story to reach this website.

Please read Part 32b and post here.

Last edited by Morgana; 01/01/17 06:25 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Blogger
Blogger
Thank you for posting the last part.

Enjoying reading the last part. But, the end is missing. It cuts off abruptly in the middle of a sentence.

Happy New Year

Ann

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I know. There is some technical issue. I have tried twice to fix it and nothing happens. Time to hit the panic button.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
I was going to say the same thing - I'm hoping there is more of the last scene.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Features Writer
Features Writer
What a great ending to this wonderful story! clap

In one of the threads on this site, I read that there is a word or character limit to posts although I don't know the limit. My guess is that's what happened with the rest of the story. And why it couldn't be added to the same post.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Anna99

Thank you for posting the last part.

Enjoying reading the last part. But, the end is missing. It cuts off abruptly in the middle of a sentence.

So glad to know the ending was enjoyable. Sorry about the technical difficulties! This is the first time I've encountered anything like this. The word count on Part 32 passed thirteen thousand words! The previous two parts exceeded ten thousand words and I have seen many a long-winded posting on here so I thought the entire chapter would fit!

Part 32 is the largest posting I have ever done! Lesson learned! goofy

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Marcus

I was going to say the same thing - I'm hoping there is more of the last scene.

Hopefully, Part 32B answered your question! Any other comments?

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ciudadora

What a great ending to this wonderful story!

Thanks for sticking with it to the end! Your insight comments have been very helpful and encouraging!

Morgana

Kerth
Kerth
Excellent. I'm guessing that in this universe they don't launch an immediate security alert if a passenger checks luggage in but doesn't board, which considering it's a different universe and pre 9/11 isn't too unreasonable. The Swiss security thing sounds like HG's work, I'm afraid my memory's gone blank on where it fits into the story - I'll just have to re-read it when you archive it (hint hint) and I can shove it onto my ebook reader.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Marcus

Excellent. I'm guessing that in this universe they don't launch an immediate security alert if a passenger checks luggage in but doesn't board, which considering it's a different universe and pre 9/11 isn't too unreasonable. The Swiss security thing sounds like HG's work, I'm afraid my memory's gone blank on where it fits into the story - I'll just have to re-read it when you archive it (hint hint) and I can shove it onto my ebook reader.

No. Think of the airport security as the same level as the 1980's.

Yeah, HG just might have had a hand in that, one never knows what he gets up to! smile1

It's going to take some time before this story reaches the archives, probably not until March or even April. As I have mentioned previously I have a lot of non-FoLC irons in the fire right now. But never fear, it will be posted! laugh

Morgana

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Congratulations on posting the final chapter of this story. It has been a long road but it was totally worth the ride. smile1

Some of it is going to seem rather fantastic. For one thing, we have met or at least saw each other years before, when Larkin Airport was closed down by a blizzard.”

And it comes to full circle. The story started and ended at the airport, so there couldn't be a more perfect title for this tale. clap

“That’s just the thing. Aunt Rita’s not completely certain it is them. Because, if it is, they haven’t aged since the day they disappeared. The Swiss government and Rita have requested we not look into it, still I was thinking, since we have an easy form of transportation. We could go to Zurich say and poke around? Ask a few questions? Unofficially of course!”

This information has left me curious since the first time I read it. I want to know more about this story. Who - or what - are them? spider

It was an amazing story! You gave us so many characters (not just names, but characters with a story) and showed us so many places with fantastic descriptions. Your writing brings the story to life. It was brilliant! Thank you! notworthy notworthy notworthy

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
Top Banana
“That’s just the thing. Aunt Rita’s not completely certain it is them. Because, if it is, they haven’t aged since the day they disappeared. The Swiss government and Rita have requested we not look into it, still I was thinking, since we have an easy form of transportation. We could go to Zurich say and poke around? Ask a few questions? Unofficially of course!”
I'm curious about this, too. Are you going to write a sequel explaining this?

Excellent story overall. I'm especially impressed with your OC, Gregory Daee. He's a complex villain that a reader can empathize with while still acknowledging that he's done horrible things.

I will definitely be nominating this story for a Kerth.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, sorry to everyone for flooding the boards with comments.... I tried to consolidate the rest into one though:

Really really great plot lines you have here intertwined together. I like how you have the familiar characters mixed in with the new ones. Having the original L&C come to help and give advice was great.

LOVE LOVE LOVED the scene at the Airport at the end with Lois and Clark...very romantic! smile love

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ultra Woman

Congratulations on posting the final chapter of this story. It has been a long road but it was totally worth the ride.

My apologizes for posting this response to your comment nearly a year later! Talk about tacky! goofy

In any case, at the same time your post was made we started working on our new home. Happy to say we have moved in and everything (including my new office) is still finding a home. Nonetheless it is time to start writing again. Hopefully I will be posting a new fic by the end of the week.

And it comes to full circle. The story started and ended at the airport, so there couldn't be a more perfect title for this tale.

Absolutely! That was my intention from the beginning.

Quote:

This information has left me curious since the first time I read it. I want to know more about this story. Who - or what - are them? spider

It was an amazing story! You gave us so many characters (not just names, but characters with a story) and showed us so many places with fantastic descriptions. Your writing brings the story to life. It was brilliant! Thank you! notworthy notworthy notworthy

I am not making any promises on that score. But than, one should never say never!

AnnieB

Thank you. Gregory Daae was fun to write and apparently many FoLC's thought the same as the Kerths very nicely brought out.

folc4evernaday

Okay, sorry to everyone for flooding the boards with comments.... I tried to consolidate the rest into one though:

Really really great plot lines you have here intertwined together. I like how you have the familiar characters mixed in with the new ones. Having the original L&C come to help and give advice was great.

LOVE LOVE LOVED the scene at the Airport at the end with Lois and Clark...very romantic! smile love

Romance is something we should all enjoy and smile about. So glad you liked this story! party

Last edited by Morgana; 09/16/17 02:39 PM.

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard