Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
An alliance has reached its proper end, while another is solidified. shock

Meanwhile our intrepid duo are finally able to spend a little time together ... just not alone.

Comments? Bricks and stones? peep

Last edited by Morgana; 12/18/16 08:07 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another chapter adding pieces to the overall story. I loved how Lois met Clark at Uncle Mike's restaurant, how happy she was to see him. How astute of Lois to recognize how differently Clark reacted to the mention of Templar. Usually nothing seems to bother Clark but he certainly seemed to be frightened of Templar and Lois picked right up on it.

Potential trouble in paradise (Lana and Gregory). I doubt it will last long as Lana is too much in love with Gregory's money. It is interesting how she looks down on Adrianna but does not see the same traits in herself. Must be convenient
to be that self-absorbed...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Mike

Another chapter adding pieces to the overall story. I loved how Lois met Clark at Uncle Mike's restaurant, how happy she was to see him. How astute of Lois to recognize how differently Clark reacted to the mention of Templar. Usually nothing seems to bother Clark but he certainly seemed to be frightened of Templar and Lois picked right up on it.

Yeah, Uncle Mike's is the perfect place for them to meet. Did you notice the mention of a certain knitting shop and its owner? whistle

Alt Clark knows the damage that Tempus is capable of! If Lois were not on his radar already, Clark would have found some way to keep her out of his sights.

Lana is Lana ...

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
I'm guessing the interested onlookers are future Lois and Clark, which could be interesting if they ever meet.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Marcus Rowland

I'm guessing the interested onlookers are future Lois and Clark, which could be interesting if they ever meet.

Are they from the future? Maybe. huh

Morgana

Features Writer
Features Writer
Nice chapter! Enjoyed Clark and Lois catching up with each other. Knowing about Templar/Tempus and not fully explaining is yet another partial truth Clark finds himself in and eventually will need to explain to Lois. Clark is Clark in any dimension. laugh

The interaction with Ariana, Daae and Lana adds dimension to the story. I like how you interspersed their scenes. clap

Yay! Glad to see Grace Chen and Rhapsody Knits in this story. [Linked Image]

Nice detail with Clark and his buddies frequenting Uncle Mike's cafe.

Across the street a man wearing a Metros baseball cap pulled low over his face and a woman with long blonde hair and sunglasses observed them with eagerness. They turned to each other and smiled.

The woman said wistfully, “Watching them brings back so many memories.”

“Yeah, honey it does. Let’s hope he doesn’t make the same mistakes.”
He could sense the woman beside him was rolling her eyes in exasperation and he could not help but smile.

Since the two timelines have converged, this Lois & Clark could be from the present, since in the old timeline the John Doe mess would have already occurred. Will be interesting to see if they are observers or the cavalry with some additional help and information. [Linked Image]

No bricks or stones or pitchforks from this Reader.

Looking forward to more!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ciuadora

Hey there! I gotta say reading such well thought out comments made me smile!

Nice chapter! Enjoyed Clark and Lois catching up with each other. Knowing about Templar/Tempus and not fully explaining is yet another partial truth Clark finds himself in and eventually will need to explain to Lois. Clark is Clark in any dimension. laugh

Uncle Mike's restaurant is a pivotal place for both of them in this and the canon dimension. Yeah, no matter what world they live in Clark will always have a problem sharing the secret.

The interaction with Ariana, Daae and Lana adds dimension to the story. I like how you interspersed their scenes.

Lana's discovery of a piece of Gregory's past reminds her he had a life long before she came along. Information like this is a bitter pill for any woman to swallow.

Yay! Glad to see Grace Chen and Rhapsody Knits in this story.

In this world both Mike and Grace's spouses are still alive, nonetheless I couldn't help adding her into the storyline! Thanks so much for remembering the little knitting shop of Napier Avenue!

Nice detail with Clark and his buddies frequenting Uncle Mike's cafe.

Since Pete discovered Cafe Americana, the doctors and nurses of MetroGen have become frequent visitors. Hey those guys have to eat to! rotflol

Will be interesting to see if they are observers or the cavalry with some additional help and information.

Cavalry? I like the sound of that! wink

Last edited by Morgana; 11/13/16 08:31 AM.

Morgana

Kerth
Kerth
LOL...Lana is so catty. I love that she immediately identified the perfume. She should be on the watch out for potential rivals. She captured Gregory so quickly, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to think that his attention could wander away just as fast. Meanwhile, Lois and Clark are working together and building their relationship over time - certainly laying a much stronger foundation for a future together. Slow and steady wins the race. wink

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Groobie

LOL...Lana is so catty. I love that she immediately identified the perfume. She should be on the watch out for potential rivals. She captured Gregory so quickly, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to think that his attention could wander away just as fast.

When Arianna and Gregory hatched their nasty plot, he had warned her about wearing heavy perfume, that's how he knew she was there. Lana picked up on it because it was Arianna's signature scent.

It would make sense for anyone to think Daae's attention could wander away from his new bride, but the thrill of their marriage still lingers. He does have feelings for her.

Meanwhile, Lois and Clark are working together and building their relationship over time - certainly laying a much stronger foundation for a future together. Slow and steady wins the race.

So glad you picked up on that! One of my pet peeves with romance novels and movies is that the couple meet, fall in love and get married over the course of weeks or a few months. Really deep love takes place over the course of time and when the couple get to know each other on a deeper level than mere physical attraction which can vanish just as quickly as it appears.

That what I did in this story was draw out the friendship and made Lois a little more approachable. Slow and steady does indeed win the race. sloppy

Last edited by Morgana; 01/25/17 09:43 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
What an awesome chapter, Morgana smile!

I've been really looking forward to reading this--having Lois and Clark be kept apart I'm sure has been hard on both of them. I was really wanting them to be able to unite and start the process of clearing out Clark's good name.

And I've got to hand it to you. Your ability to switch between scenes was really showcased here. You picked the perfect moments--between Arianna/Gregory/Lana, and also, Lois and Clark--to cut back and forth. It gave a lot of suspense and a feeling of movement to the piece, almost like watching it unfold in a movie switching out between scenes happening at the same time. Wonderful job!

I've also enjoyed seeing the similarities and differences between this Lois and Clark and how that plays out in the way that they interact. Clark is so very much 'Clark' with his information and how he has to cover himself, but he's also so different, with loosing his parents and having more of a support system in Metropolis with friends. You can sense all of this in how he acts. Lois--totally--is a lot more approachable. Love it! And for this 'Clark', I think it's a really refreshing need. I've really liked Lois being more aware of her feelings and of how amazing Clark really is. She's 'aware'. And her appreciation for him--starting so much earlier in their friendship--has been great.

Really enjoying this clap
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 01/25/17 03:15 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
LMA

I've been really looking forward to reading this--having Lois and Clark be kept apart I'm sure has been hard on both of them. I was really wanting them to be able to unite and start the process of clearing out Clark's good name.

When it comes to defending someone's good reputation - even their own - no one beats Lois and Clark!

Switching back and forth between scenes is actually a great deal of fun! The technique helps to move the story along while watching the characters reactions to the events around them.

I've also enjoyed seeing the similarities and differences between this Lois and Clark and how that plays out in the way that they interact. Clark is so very much 'Clark' with his information and how he has to cover himself, but he's also so different, with loosing his parents and having more of a support system in Metropolis with friends. You can sense all of this in how he acts. Lois--totally--is a lot more approachable. Love it! And for this 'Clark', I think it's a really refreshing need. I've really liked Lois being more aware of her feelings and of how amazing Clark really is. She's 'aware'. And her appreciation for him--starting so much earlier in their friendship--has been great.

Clark had to be a little different in this AU, he has experienced a great deal and without his parents to help smooth things along the way, he is more reserved in the beginning of the story. But as time goes on, living in Metropolis and working with such a great bunch of people he develops more confidence.

Lois has in some ways lived a harder life emotionally. But in the beginning of the story I wanted her to be more open to friendships and the people round her. Having a supportive family was a key factor in this difference. So glad that you and many others can see how approachable she is to Clark. Remember when she first saw him? Her attraction to him was so open Catherine had to warn her to back up because of Lana. That would never have happened in canon.

Glad the changes are appreciated!

Morgana

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Across the street a man wearing a Metros baseball cap pulled low over his face and a woman with long blonde hair and sunglasses observed them with eagerness. They turned to each other and smiled.

The woman said wistfully, “Watching them brings back so many memories.”

“Yeah, honey it does. Let’s hope he doesn’t make the same mistakes.”

Okay I'm officially confused....What's going on? Is that OUR Lois and Clark?

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard