Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Comments are most welcome!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh, what a lot of action in this chapter. With your wonderful descriptions of sights, sounds and smells.

I love how Lois takes charge of this investigation! hyper And having Ken Janney find the forensic computer evidence is wonderful. It's great how Lois does what she does best by investigating and getting the expert Ken to find the evidence. James Olson should be pleased that his team is so loyal and efficient, yet he also should be ashamed he didn't think of this first.

Ralph has made some powerful enemies in Lois and Clark (and Superman). And very smart of Clark to go to Lois and Superman, not Clark. He's protecting her! clap

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Kerth
Kerth
Good that they (and more importantly Perry etc.) know who's responsible. Hopefully they can use this to lay a trap for whoever is behind Ralph.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois finally meets Superman! Clark will have to let her in on the secret earlier rather than later if he wants to avoid the issue his other dimension counterparts had.

As usual Tempus goes cheap on the hired help and it burns him in the end. Ralph has essentially zero skills so why Tempus would think he could successfully hack into Clark or Lois' computers without detection is beyond me.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah, Ken hyper !

I am so glad that there is some evidence to back Clark up. Expose what is going on. For Clark--after having gone through everything with Lana so publicly and painfully, it's nice to see him potentially catch a break here.

I love how Lois immediately starts trying to figure out how to help her friend. How--even when distracted by a first meeting with Superman, knows she has work to do to help Clark. And I'm impressed by Clark using his alter-ego so well (so quickly) to help get their investigation into the fall of his story going.

Lois is already noticing something 'familiar' being in Superman's arms smile. Being the level of friendship Lois and Clark are at when Superman steps onto the scene, being that Clark already knows Lois will come around to the double identities--I can't see the secret really lasting too long. And their relationship is all the better for it smile.

Great job, Morgana! Loving this notworthy...
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
Ralph is always a weak link...trusting him for any task is a recipe for disaster. Seems to me like the suits were far to ready and willing to throw Clark under the bus. They should have taken more time to investigate the situation before just assuming that Clark had screwed up. Glad Lois is focused on helping Clark, but Superman is awfully distracting! Stephanie's in a bad situation, too - her ways out of her mess seem to be shrinking. Lots of drama in this part! Happy I've finally caught up with the story. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Ciudadoro

I love how Lois takes charge of this investigation! hyper And having Ken Janney find the forensic computer evidence is wonderful. It's great how Lois does what she does best by investigating and getting the expert Ken to find the evidence. James Olson should be pleased that his team is so loyal and efficient, yet he also should be ashamed he didn't think of this first.

Having your partner thrown out of his job because of such a legal hassle really has Lois fuming! So of course she is going to do whatever it takes to get him reinstated!

Ken is the best person to handle this type of thing. He did a great job didn't he? smile1

James knows he's in the doghouse with the bullpen staff ...

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Marcus Rowland

Good that they (and more importantly Perry etc.) know who's responsible. Hopefully they can use this to lay a trap for whoever is behind Ralph.

Part Twenty-two might shed light on things. evil

Morgana

Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Mike

As usual Tempus goes cheap on the hired help and it burns him in the end. Ralph has essentially zero skills so why Tempus would think he could successfully hack into Clark or Lois' computers without detection is beyond me.

Tempus likes having people under his thumb. That will eventually be his undoing.

Morgana

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She responded by squaring her shoulders and walking over to Perry, stood in front of him and said. “Send someone else, according to certain people,” she looked daggers at Ralph; “my partner’s reputation is on the line.”

The older man shook his head and muttered “Hell of a way to run a newspaper. Since when do the reporters tell their editors what to do? Come in then and close the door behind you.”

Ten minutes later a depressed trio sat in Perry’s office. “That’s the long and the short of it. According to the papers Kell presented me with, TresAx claims two of the three people you interviewed were not employees, but long-term contractors with extremely limited access to company records. Anything they told you about the accounting department tax dealing is either false information or incomplete, so the statements they signed off on are worthless. The third was fired recently for white collar crimes and is being prosecuted by DA Mayson Drake, so her word is seriously suspected.”

“So Clark doesn’t have to give up his sources because someone found out their names and gave them to Preston and The Star?”

Perry shook his head sadly, “The contractors were terminated yesterday, refused to talk to Constance and have ‘lawyered up’".

“What about Guerin and Senator Braxton? All the evidence I have points to him and his underhanded dealing with the IRS.” Clark asked; his face had gone pale with disbelief as he watched a promising career as a journalist slither into a murky abyss.

“He emphatically denies the charges and is willing to undergo a lie detector test.” Perry said in disgust.

A horrible feeling of déjà vu swept over Lois as Perry continued talking to Clark. Three years ago when she accused Claude of stealing her story, Constance Hunter had arrived in the nick of time to save her career.

OH NO!!!!
Perry shook his head and said, “Can’t leave a fox near the henhouse.”

“More like a weasel.” Lois muttered darkly.

Turning to the young woman, Perry spoke slowly, “Now Lois, let’s work our way through the facts, this is too important for us to make a mistake. The Colonel told Elvis that after he heard Blue Suede Shoes for the first time. It sounded terrible. Made him go back into the studio and re-record it.” Looking at Janney again he said, “Ken is this conclusive? I mean this couldn’t be the work of someone using Ralph’s login?”

“It’s unlikely anyone would want to have their name linked with his. He’s one of the worst staffers my team has to deal with. This evidence is pretty clear, but be my guest and gather more facts so that HR, the lawyers - and the – police will be satisfied.”

Lois breathed a sigh of relief, “At least now we’re on the right track. Thanks a lot Ken! We’ll get that additional proof.”

Ken smiled, stood and walked towards the door. “If anyone needs my help, have Jack get in contact with me.”

<snicker> Somebody is in T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!!
Lois could only nod, still surprised by what was happening. “Where are we going?”

“For a quick tour around the city, but Miss Lane, we will be moving at super speed in the beginning. For your safety please allow me to cover your face.”

“This is going to be different from anything I’ve ever done before.” She said in a shaky voice as the warm red fabric covered her face. As he secured the cape, the faint scent of fresh air and wood coiled around her nostrils. Suddenly her feet were lifted off the floor and the sound of a stiff rushing breeze reached her ears. For the briefest of instances the smell of dank earth was so strong it made her wheeze, than the cape was removed and she was treated to the sight of Hob’s Bay from a very different night time vantage point. Above twinkled a few stars and below the bay stretched beneath them.
Lois had always heard of the descriptive words: Majestic Sweep applied to Hollywood epics such at Alieanor of Aquitaine or Lawrence of Arabia and had always considered them simply high swung adjectives.

Until now.

The strong arms which held her were capable of stopping a runaway train, yet tender enough to hold her. There was something familiar about the way his arms fit around her waist, yet how could that be? Over a month ago he did not exist in her life. Questions could come later, however at this place in time she wanted to savor. Nothing compared to flying at night with a clumsy machine to protect her. An experience like this was not meant to be shared …

Awwww....

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard