Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Today is my son's birthday. He would have been three years old. Since he isn't here with me I spent the day making graphics. The first one is a 1250x450 Banner titled "A Superhero's Job Is Never Done."

The second one is a tribute I made to my son Jamie. 6/16/14 - 10/6/14 to SIDS.

Anyway. Enjoy. Hope everyone likes them. FDK appreciated as always.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
That was a powerful and beautiful tribute. I can not even begin to imagine what you are going through. I am so sorry for your loss.

Take care,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Both are beautiful in their own ways. Especially your son's.

Happy birthday, Jamie. We all wore superhero shirts today in your honor.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
[Linked Image]

Thank you, ladies! It's been a rough day but hearing all about NK's trip to Supanova and meeting Dean and Teri definitely brightened my day...and the fact that he remembered the video I made.

Thank you so much, NK! The distraction we much needed on this tough day. Have fun!

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved these! Thinking a lot about you... I can't imagine. Sending hugs your way.

You know--I really don't think the timing of Supanova was much of a coincidence wink...it's amazing (and comforting) how things like this fall into place.

Take care,
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 06/17/17 01:33 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by LMA
Loved these! Thinking a lot about you... I can't imagine. Sending hugs your way.

You know--I really don't think the timing of Supanova was much of a coincidence wink...it's amazing (and comforting) how things like this fall into place.

Take care,
Laura

Thanks Laura! Yeah when I first heard they were both going to be there on my son's birthday I thought it was nice timing. wink

I will say this year was a lot easier. After finally writing Ghost From the Past and getting all those emotions out on paper I didn't have nearly as hard of a time leading up to Jamie's Birthday and it was nice to be able to think about him and smile smile Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. wave

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
They're all great. Jamie's is really beautiful. I also love the words of Jesus you added. I'll pray for you in this tough time.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by TaliaJoy
They're all great. Jamie's is really beautiful. I also love the words of Jesus you added. I'll pray for you in this tough time.

Thanks Talia!

Making these was a really nice distraction. I'm glad everyone enjoyed them. clap The week of his birthday is always tough because it's got so much that week.

Jamie's Birthday - June 16th
Wedding Anniversary - June 18th

Then the fact that Father's Day pops in right around that time every year adds to it for my husband. I went into labor the night of Father's Day and had him that next morning. Jamie was 'the best father's day gift ever' as he always put it.

We get stronger each year though. It helps doing stuff in his memory though. I appreciate your kind words and your prayers. wave

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
What beautiful tributes, and I include "Ghost From the Past" in that, too. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. What a challenging week and month this must be!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Such a touching tribute to your precious son, Jamie! Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by cuidadora
What beautiful tributes, and I include "Ghost From the Past" in that, too. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. What a challenging week and month this must be!

Thank you Cuidadora. Yes, Ghost From the Past is very near and dear to my heart because of how personal the story of losing Jamie is. I personally think we write the best about things we know and have experienced. Thank you for your kind words. It's been a tough month and week but thankfully my husband and I are one of those couples that came together and became closer after this experience instead of pulling away. Grief is never easy, but it's a completely different experience when it's a child and even more so when it's from something unknown like SIDS.

Originally Posted by Superjan
Such a touching tribute to your precious son, Jamie! Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

Thank you SuperJan. I appreciate your kind words.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
The wallpapers are great and your tribute to Jamie is so sweet. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Brenda

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard