The air around her cracked with a sonic boom. “Gorhennain?!” Owen hovered a few inches over the floor in front of her, a large ball of twisted metal at his feet. Behind him, the prone bodies of Zor-Xu and their attackers began to stir slightly, a few even attempting to struggle to their feet. “You lot stay down, if you know what's good for you!” Owen barked over his shoulder. They stilled again, and Owen turned back to her, frowning at the box in her hands. “Are you all right, Gorhennain? Did those Earth First creeps hurt you at all? How did you get the Kryptonite away from them?”

Lois shook her head. “I'm fine,” she told him. “We got the Kryptonite from that cabinet over there—” She jerked a thumb in its direction. “—and used it to knock them out. Any idea how long they'll be without their powers?”

Owen blinked at her. “We? Them? Powers? What?” He turned to look again at the men sprawled on the floor. “What the pysgod gyda siocled is going on, here?”

“If I may...” Zor-Xu shifted a little, and Lois strode over to help him up.

“Superman, this is—”

“Smith,” Zor-Xu interrupted her, adjusting his glasses slightly. “I'm from New Krypton...as are they.”

Owen's expression frosted over, and his shoulders seemed to tense. “I see.” His voice was clipped. “Came with Zor-Xu, did you?”

“You could say that,” Zor-Xu replied.

Lois frowned.

“Yeah, the police chief told me something political was going on,” Owen reflected. “Of course, he also said there was a bit of noise from Earth First. Last I checked, they weren't too keen on recruiting Kryptonians.” He eyed the men's jackets. “Much as I can't stand those clods, it'd be a shame if they were falsely accused of trying to start a war, now, wouldn't it?”

Zor-Xu nodded, his face serious. “Yes, it would. Thankfully, that will not happen.” He locked eyes with Lois. “I owe you a greater debt than just my life, Ms. Gorhennain.”

“It's Lois,” Lois corrected.

He gave her another patronizing little smile. “Of course.” He turned to Owen. “Do you know if my daughter is safe?”

The stiffness left Owen's posture. “Sorry, I don't know anything. If you want, though, I can help you try to find her.”

Zor-Xu seemed to sag with relief. “Thank you.”

TBC...

Last edited by Queen of the Capes; 06/21/17 05:43 PM.

~•~