Print Thread
#275870 06/20/17 10:55 PM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Love it! Great look into Clark's mind. And sometimes, the revelation that goes unspoken can be the most powerful of all. I love that Lois is able to say and do exactly what Clark needs at this moment in time, putting whatever knee-jerk reaction she might otherwise have on the back burner.

Lovely!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Thanks DC!

I actually had a bunch more written, but it made the story weaker. Leaving it where I cut it off gave the story more impact.
I know the 'typical' reaction in fanfic of Lois finding out is anger/hurt/betrayal, but it's nice to change it up

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I really love this one. You show how torn Clark is and how much he really relies on the support system he has to help him deal with the trauma he sees on a daily basis and show how good a friend Lois is to him. Able to reassure him with just a simple gesture. Sometimes actions DO speak louder than words. smile1 party

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwww. If Lois had reacted in the stereotypical way after seeing Clark so distraught, she wouldn't be the character we know and love. I'm so glad Lois could be the friend that Clark needed at that moment. Sometimes a friend is the person who understands when you say nothing at all. clap Well done. I really like the build up of Clark's emotions, his reasoning on why he needs to unburden himself to Lois, and his breakdown upon seeing the news footage.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Love this! It demonstrates the connection they have. That without words Lois knows what Clark needs. Well done

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. While I would definitely love to see a sequel, it stands very well on its own. And what a nice change to have Lois responding so calmly and supportively; the circumstances you provided surrounding the revelation do keep her reaction in character.

Thanks for sharing. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nice revelation! Would love to see a sequel in the future!

Features Writer
Features Writer
What a fabulous story! First with Clark's feelings and fears, and then followed by Lois' perfect reaction to his secret. I love revelations that are out of the box, especially those where Lois reacts as a mature friend and confidant. Well done! clap thumbsup clap

P.S. Love your new avatar!!

Last edited by cuidadora; 06/21/17 12:46 PM. Reason: P.S. added

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Top Banana
Top Banana
That was beautiful.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Wow... just wow. That blew up overnight!

Folc- thank you! No matter how strong a person you are, I think dealing with trauma on a daily basis has to make an impact. Even Superman needs a friend to talk to.

Virginia- Yeah, having Lois react with anything but empathy would've been totally out of character. I am tempted to write a companion story from Lois's POV.

Crazy_Babe- I love that connection between them. I love that they were such good friends before they started a romantic relationship, and I especially love the way they gravitate towards each other when they need help or comfort. I tried to capture that here.
PS. Sorry I didn't catch you at the con!

Lynn- Thanks, Lynn! While I like Lois in full on reporter mode, it's fun to write her softer side.

SuperJan- Thank you! You never know, it might get a sequel or a companion story

cuidadora-Thanks! Yeah unusual revelations are fun... sometimes I think the whole 'Lois, I'm Superman' thing is a bit... bald. And Lois too often gets written as angry and almost vengeful when the revelation does finally happen.I liked this version better.
PS. I love my new avatar too! Definitely in my top 4 moments of my life.

Annie- Thank you!

This story was a product of me being overwhelmed myself with some decisions and realisations I'm struggling with to do with my daughter's condition. Thus it's quite close to my heart; I'm so glad you all enjoyed it, and thank you so much for your kind comments.

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Aww that was beautiful. Love how you described Clark's emotion and the simple revelation.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Thanks Jackie! I was trying to capture the feel of a racing and overloaded mind.

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
Crazy_Babe- I love that connection between them. I love that they were such good friends before they started a romantic relationship, and I especially love the way they gravitate towards each other when they need help or comfort. I tried to capture that here.
PS. Sorry I didn't catch you at the con!

Sorry to have missed you too! Would have loved to have had the opportunity to meet you.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Beautiful! *sniffles*

~•~
Kerth
Kerth
Wow! Super powerful piece. The imagery of Clark being so overwhelmed by his emotions that he can barely get his shirt open for the reveal... it's heart-achingly perfect and captures a lot of the personality of both characters in a realistic way. Wonderful job!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Hi again!

Crazy_Babe- yeah it would've been great to meet you too! I just flat ran out of time to do everything I (and my friend) wanted to do frown

Queenie- thank you!

Mouse- thank you smile I like getting into their heads, and the flip side of the whole 'mighty hero' thing has always interested me. Under the spandex, he's a man with hopes and dreams and fears like anyone else. It's one of the things that drew me to L&C (and still does)- that they actually explored that human side.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard