Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#275860 06/20/17 12:26 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, FoLCs I don't know about you but we've noticed a huge DIP in the activity on the boards as of lately and wanted to find out what the reasoning was behind the lack of activity. Maybe there's something we can do to make things better?

Take The FOLC Survey Now

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Umm... I think you might want to look the survey over again. The first question doesn't have any possibility for answering it, and the answers possible for the second question look like they should go with the first question. Also, did you want the "How often do you post" question to be a free-form answre, or did you want to make it multiple choice?

Thanks,
Lynn

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks Lynn I just fixed it. I had changed the question and apparently it didn't save right... grumble huh

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just took the survey--great idea!

My issue has totally and completely been do to RL...initially the holidays, then sports for both kids this spring, and now getting ready and going on vacation.

Once things slow down, I am really hoping to read and FDK more. I don't read w/o FDKing, so hence, I have not been reading much at all lately. Miss having time to do this!

Love this place guys smile
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Laura,

I sure hear you with regard to RL. (Unfortunately, in my case, I'm keeping busy with things like taking over much of the work of one colleague who retired this past school year and some work from another who retired as well, taking three highly challenging classes for work, and lots of stresses related to my DS's special needs.)

I, for one, always appreciate your feedback; it is always thoughtful and encouraging. I think most other authors here are probably in agreement on that; what I am about to say, though, might be controversial, so I am only speaking for myself: Please don't avoid reading my stories simply because you don't have time to leave FB. I'd rather have my stories read and not commented on than not read at all, and believe me, I do understand RL keeping one busy.

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Lynn smile...

Great hearing from you. And I totally understand and appreciate what you are saying--and I thank you for the go ahead to read regardless of FDK time your stories. It's really thoughtful of you because (for me, anyway) L&C is always an escape. It's kinda that place I can go and get lost--not think about anything else going on except these wonderful characters. And sometimes that little escape is totally needed smile.

But...like everyone has mentioned, even a quick little reply of FDK--'Great job!' 'Loved it' 'Great characterization!' doesn't take too long either to give.

I just haven't had much of any time to do the actual sitting down, stopping to put the feet up, and actually read type part wink.

Anyway, wanted to tell you how much your response meant to me--thanks!

And, as always, you know I'm quite the fan of your work. Love it.
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
You're very welcome. And you expressed my own feelings perfectly regarding L&C (and the MB) as being an escape -- oftentimes the only one I have. Thank you for your kind words about my writing. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
It felt rude not to comment on the thread about not commenting... grin

Took the survey. I think it's a well poised issue. I haven't been around the boards for a while, and even I've kinda noticed the dip. As I mentioned, for me it's just RL stuff getting in the way, as well as feeling I'm behind on reading/writing/commenting (which is my own issue). I try and avoid all boards, including pinterest lol , as much as possible when I'm writing/creating too, just because it can become a bit of a rabbit hole for me.

But I think any form of commenting will help encourage more commenting. So comment I shall. wildguy

Last edited by Mouserocks; 06/23/17 02:34 AM.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Greetings all!

The survey was very helpful and here's to hoping it helps the msbs going forward. Mouse, Lynn, LMA and others, it is always a pleasure to hear from you. RL is a bear for most of us.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Blogger
Blogger
T
Originally Posted by LMA
Just took the survey--great idea!

My issue has totally and completely been do to RL...initially the holidays, then sports for both kids this spring, and now getting ready and going on vacation.

Once things slow down, I am really hoping to read and FDK more. I don't read w/o FDKing, so hence, I have not been reading much at all lately. Miss having time to do this!

Love this place guys smile
Laura
I think so too

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard