Print Thread
#275843 06/19/17 06:55 AM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder

Last edited by NostalgiaKick; 06/21/17 12:31 AM. Reason: added approx.chapter count

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Amazing!

By your picture I see Teri and Dean have reunited! How cool is that!

Unmasked is becoming a guilty pleasure, so much is happening! Clark's support system is gone; first Martha and Jonathan, than he cannot reach out to Any of the staffers for research assistance.

Now his personal and business relationship with Lois is frayed almost to the point of no return. What can he do to defend himself? I for one am anxious to find out what happens next. Please don't wait so long between postings!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
In fact, Perry believed that under that polite and courteous exterior lay a completely different… person… than anyone in the newsroom suspected. Person was the right term, he decided. The man from Krypton by way of Kansas was definitely not human.

Perry knows??? Of course, Perry knows! He's Perry WHITE!
All right, Perry get in there and fix this. Lock them in a room and make them talk....or not talk wink

Something was going on with Clark, though. It was as clear as sweat on an Elvis impersonator that he was in trouble.
Perry knows all. Listen to Papa Perry... clap

If he had to hazard a guess, his would be that someone had figured out Clark’s secret.

How observant... And Lois says SHE'S the best reporter? grumble I think we found the winner. The most observant reporter award goes to....Perry White. notworthy

Although he’d taken it with a grain of salt at the time, Perry was now sure that Trask’s discovery of Kryptonite had been genuine.

Uh-oh. Nothing gets past Perry White. thumbsup

As Clark clearly wasn’t going to let Lois in on the secret, the best thing Perry could do for him right now was to give him the space he needed to investigate whatever it was that was going on.

What??? No!!! wallbash You're supposed to be on my side! Lock them in a room and make them sort this out! splat

It was a gamble, he knew. In his quiet way, Clark was just as stubborn as Lois.

You can say that again... grumble

Together, eventually Clark’s feelings for Lois would override that stubbornness, and he’d find a way to get her to talk to him.

One can only hope....but how do you expect Lois to WANT to listen to him??? whinging dizzy

Separated… Perry wasn’t so sure. He could lose his star reporting team permanently over this, but that was still better than losing Superman.

Oy... I'm telling you a few hours locked in a cramped storage closet with no windows to escape out of will do those two some good. Maybe soundproof the place too? thumbsup wave

If Superman was back in Metropolis, she had to talk to him. She had to find out why he kept disappearing when they needed him most.

Why he kept disappearing? Why he kept disappearing??? Really Lois?? huh wallbash

"Superman belongs to the WORLD!" help

“Can I talk to you for a moment?”
Superman looked over his shoulder, checking to see if his assistance was required imminently, then motioned for Lois to precede him to a part of the fence line that wasn’t occupied.
“Superman, what’s going on? Why did you miss the subway accident?” she asked as soon as they were in less danger of being overheard.
His jaw clenched; obviously, she’d hit a sore spot, but she needed to know the truth. The people of Metropolis needed to know the truth.
“I can’t tell you.” He turned to walk away, but she reached out and grabbed his arm.
“Superman, people died in those accidents- the crane collapse and now the subway crash. I’m getting a lot of questions. I’ve held off writing about it till now, but I don’t know how much longer I can put it off.” She paused, releasing his arm. “People want an explanation.”

Lois is getting hostile with Superman now? What happened to the adoring cheerleader? Oh, right, Lex... splat

You know someone really needs to kick him off his pedestal and remind him who he's dealing with. I'm sure if he flew over there at the right speed and flew him up in the sky high enough he could grab him before any staff knew what was going on. smile1

Just hang him off the edge of Luthor towers for a few hours and let the birds have at him. wink thumbsup devilsplat

He looked at her, his expression unreadable. “What do you think I should do?”
“Put out a statement to the press.” It was obvious to her, at least. A statement from the superhero would help settle some of the doubts and the rumours that had been flying around.
He opened his mouth to say something, and for a moment Lois could have sworn she’d seen a look of helplessness on the Kryptonian’s face.

Well, of course, he's helpless you WON'T LISTEN TO HIM! dizzy

Oh, right, you don't know he's also your ex-partner. Well somebody is going to be in for a rude awakening.... grumble

Something was wrong. Why had he been so conspicuously missing from the twin disasters that had befallen the city? Where had he been disappearing to?
And why couldn’t he talk to her about it?

Ding! Ding! Ding! You're getting warmer... clap

No, there would be no press release. Not while he still had a chance of bringing Luthor down and putting this whole mess behind him.

So you say nothing? help

No.

You need to say SOMETHING! Like, Lex Luthor is the root of all evil in Metropolis. He drowns puppies and wears brown socks with black pants.

There would be riots! thumbsup evil

“It appears that the lovely Lois is no longer working with Kent.”
“Your plan is succeeding, sir.”
“Divide and conquer, Nigel. Divide and conquer. With the breach between them growing, I have successfully isolated Superman from almost all of his closest supporters. After all, to truly defeat a battlefield opponent you must destroy their support systems, their allies, and any avenue of retreat.”

Plan? Of course, it's a plan. Lex Luthor always has a plan...which he blabs to Superman right before he gets defeated by him. So when is he going to taunt Supes again and when is Clark going to kick some Luthor butt?
peep
“Nigel, I think it’s time to set in train the next… little incident. Have you located a reliable source?”
“Yes, sir. A Mr. Black. His demonstration was… most impressive.”
“Excellent. Set it up for… hmm. The day after tomorrow.”

Uh-oh. Oh no.... thud dizzy mad

Black? As in John Black? The guy that blows up the Planet?

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Yay for feedback!

Morgana- Yup, they reunited, and it was amazing. That pic was one of the best moments of my life. I've got one arm around Dean Cain and the other around Teri Hatcher. I was ecstatic lol.

Back to feedback... yes, there is a lot happening. The plot is getting a bit more intricate. It will get more so, and I'm glad you're enjoying it! Meeting Teri and Dean seems to have kicked my muse back into life, so hopefully I'll be able to power through Unmasked now and get back to some sort of regular posting schedule. Sorry it's been so derailed.

Folc- thanks for the huge comment lol!
Oy... I'm telling you a few hours locked in a cramped storage closet with no windows to escape out of will do those two some good. Maybe soundproof the place too?

Greater good, Val, greater good.
You know someone really needs to kick him off his pedestal and remind him who he's dealing with. I'm sure if he flew over there at the right speed and flew him up in the sky high enough he could grab him before any staff knew what was going on
Don't think I wasn't tempted!
So when is he going to taunt Supes again and when is Clark going to kick some Luthor butt?

Patience! LOL

BTW. I'm editing this to add a chapter count. It's an APPROXIMATE count, people. I'll update it as necessary

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bumping! Where's the next part??? <grumbles about leaving Clark in a bind>

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
It's done, it's done... keep your shirt on LOL

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard