Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lex Luthor is now President of the USA (either he never became outed as The Boss of Metropolis nor tried to marry Lois *OR* the resurrected-soup Luthor ran years after being pardoned-by-a-clone-President Garner). His communications director is his ex-wife Arianna Carlin, who got him elected by issuing press releases that use subliminal messages that turn U.S. citizens into Luthor's adoring fan-base as well as against Superman. (The situations of Madame Ex did not happen in this timeline, so she and her tactics are unknown.)

Kryptonite is legal and sold in gun shops in bullet form, just in case New Kryptonians return to invade Earth again.

Lex Luthor issues an all out war on News as he believes that members of the press are part of the opposition party trying to oust him from power.

Lois and Clark still work at the Daily Planet, are married, and have several children, the eldest of whom is a teenager. After their eldest (due to some super powers) catches someone tailing him/her home from school, Lois and Clark decide it's not safe for their family in the city. Clark takes his wife and children to hide out in the woods outside the city. On his return, Superman is shot out of the sky by one of Luthor's fan-base as he believes that Luthor asked him to do so. (Whether or not Luthor actually did should be a topic of debate within the story. Perhaps there's a live - hot - mic incident where Lex is overheard saying something about wishing someone would kill his political enemies.)

Luckily, the bullet only grazes Superman. Clark's able to land safely, but decides to return to his family in the guise of Clark, so he isn't shot again. Unfortunately, someone recognizes him as Clark Kent -- wanted News Reporter and lie spreader -- and shoots him in the middle of the street, where the event is captured on many a security and cell phone camera (as was Superman's fall from the sky). Clark is able to drag himself down into a nearby subway station, where he falls onto the tracks, again in full view of many a cell phone camera. Clark rolls away and runs down the tunnel just as a train arrives. Everyone thinks that Clark Kent was killed by the train.

Clark finally makes it out to woods to meet up with his family, only now he's a dead man (both as Superman and as Clark Kent).

Luckily, Clark has foreseen (predicted) the rise of Lex Luthor back in the 1990s and set up an alias for himself, Lois, and the kids. The Superman Foundation invested in an internet start-up company (thanks to the help of Jimmy), making the Foundation and the company's creator -- Charles Clark -- buckets of money when it was sold.

Charles Clark and his wife Lola Clark bought the old Kent Farm in Smallville, hiring Wayne Irig to run the farming. They use the story that the Clark family lost all their internet money in a bad investment and now have to move onto their 'retirement' / 'investment' property full time. The Kents are long since dead (possibly this is an alt-alt-universe, one where Clark's an orphan like alt-Clark, who was shipped off to relatives out west, so he never got involved with Lana before he moved to Metropolis like canon Clark, and rest is history). Lois and Clark hadn't been back to Smallville since the incident in 1993 (GGGoH), where Clark re-acquainted himself with Wayne Irig.

Now, Lois and Clark (Charles & Lola?) need to raise their children (they debate whether to homeschool their kids or send them to Smallville public schools, which are filled with children of loyal Luthor supporters), all while trying to stop Lex Luthor from destroying their country or discovering where they are and finishing the job.

Lois -- as a blogger -- is on the forefront of people calling for President Luthor to be tried for inciting violence by encouraging his followers that those in the press were 'the enemy'. Perhaps she and Clark discover Arianna's brainwashing techniques and reveal her tactics to the world.

Do these things bring down the House of Luthor or just shine the spotlight on the Clark family? Can Lois and Clark ever return to their old life, or are they stuck Smallville, trying to raise their super family in secret?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
One minor change I'd make. Lois would be the one to setup the alt IDs and use the Foundation to get rich. Neither seems like a Clark thing to do, too optimistic and too unwilling to use Superman to make money.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by dcarson
One minor change I'd make. Lois would be the one to setup the alt IDs and use the Foundation to get rich. Neither seems like a Clark thing to do, too optimistic and too unwilling to use Superman to make money.
I meant Clark set it up as an escape route, to establish another identity, in case CK=S was revealed. He didn't know he'd make money. It was the 90s. Most software companies went bust. He purchased his folks old farm as a place for him to escape to, should the world become unsafe for Clark Kent, SAYING Charles Clark made money in Silicon Valley. He did this before he and Lois became an item. I agree that Clark wouldn't use the Foundation to get rich.

Originally, I was going to have this be canon universe (but I hated to kill off Martha and Jonathan Kent so soon) with Charles Clark buying the property after they died (or retired perhaps?) But then I figured the people of Smallville would know Clark well enough to remember what he looked like and it would be too hard for him to hide out there in another identity. So, I changed it to The Kents died when he was young and he was raised elsewhere.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Actually, this story could be split into two different stories, if you wanted. One President Luthor vs. Lois and Clark (the Press).

The second, Lois and Clark on the run having to raise Super children in the same way that Clark was raised (and in Smallville).

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
I love this idea! I know they've done President Luthor in the comics/cartoons before, but never in the scope of it affecting Lois and Clark in this way! Usually they focus on Superman/the League (9/10 times this is where every superman incarnation except ours goes wrong... razz ) so I'd love to see a take on this! Fascinated by the idea of both Superman and Clark Kent being killed off (wink-wink)
at about the same time, so he wouldn't really have either identity to hide behind. Talk about an identity crisis... having to go from balancing to lives to none? Not to mention what would the kids think as all this goes down....

(Oh heavens, don't make me write it! Spare me! I can forsee this becoming an epic of its own, so I'd like to read it, not write it. Any brave souls?) hyper goofy

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yep, it said epic to me, too, which is why I posted it as a Challenge. I just have too much on my plate for the foreseeable future to work on it. (I figured you'd like these two ideas, Mouse, for their dystopian feel.)

The interesting thing about this idea is that it could easily be molded from fanfic plot to an original story with little fanfare (pardon my pun). A president with a dislike for reporters makes a bold suggestion to kill the press which one of his followers takes literally. A reporter is "killed" in the process (but no body is found). Debate rages over whether the president can be prosecuted for inciting a murder. The reporter has to decide whether his/her life is worth resurrecting (since he/she is still alive, but in hiding) or if "dying" for the good of the country is the best way to go.

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard