Print Thread
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
My first feedback thread! Hope this story is to your liking. smile

Story

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aha! The wink has given you away. I know which Clark Kent it is. smile (Okay, your Avatar helped.)

Welcome, TaliaJoy, to the L&C Message Boards and congrats on posting your first story.

Very funny inner dialogue between your main characters and their own (not-so) better reasons. I'm with Lois, though. A trip to the beach isn't up there on my want-to-do list. Although, neither were her alternative ideas. LOL. I'm curious what Clark's idea of what a relaxing day off with his friends would be, as it seems we only heard from Lois and Jimmy and Clark just played along.

What WOULD Clark do if he were suddenly faced with meeting either of these two Marvel heroes? I'm glad he has some real friends who accept him for himself and not just his Super abilities. Clark seemed a bit sad and lonely earlier in the story when he was thinking about Lori, so I'm glad that by the end of the story he realized what good friends he has in Lois and Jimmy.

Total aside, but Spider-Man would drive Captain America up with wall as much as Iron-Man does. They're both rule-breakers. wink Captain America... er... Steve Rogers and Clark would be total best buds, though... if Clark didn't have Lois and Jimmy, that is. Truth, Justice, and the American Way... all the way with those two (Capt and Supes.)

Fun story.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Thanks! I'm really glad you read and enjoyed it. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ha! I liked this. smile "Too darn hot", huh, Lois? wink (Did you know that song is also in the background in the episode I Have a Crush on You? I don't remember when I found out, but it was a neat bonus. smile ) I also liked Jimmy's remark about "The opposite of helping."

This was nice! Got any more? smile

~•~
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Thanks for your comment, QotC! (Do you mind if I call you that? Haha.)

As for if I have any more...well, sorta! I've been working on a multi-chapter Superman: The Animated Series fanfiction on-and-off since 2015...far more "off" than "on" for the vast majority of that time, unfortunately! I last worked on it at the beginning of this year...I didn't outline properly and I never had a perfectly clear enough vision of the exactly where the plot was going to go, and I think what vision I did have has been partially forgotten, so I don't know if I'll really be able to get it going again, honestly. I hope so, but it's hard to muster up the enthusiasm again. I may have to just count this one a loss, though I'm not sure. If you're curious, it's available on fanfiction.net: An Odd Place to Find Oneself

Other than that, I have sometimes made some attempts to write Superman stuff, though it's never gotten too far. The only complete stories I have are really short and simple. My head is always swirling with thoughts about the Man of Steel/mild-mannered reporter, so I'd like to put more of my ideas on paper someday!

I have started a short fanfic taking place in the Lois & Clark universe not too long ago that I'd like to keep working on. It's not the kind of story that HAS to take place in L&C continuity, but I was inspired by these forums and lcfanfic.com to actually stick to a specific canon for once!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by TaliaJoy
Thanks for your comment, QotC! (Do you mind if I call you that? Haha.)

I prefer it, even! ^_^

The only complete stories I have are really short and simple. My head is always swirling with thoughts about the Man of Steel/mild-mannered reporter, so I'd like to put more of my ideas on paper someday!

OMG, story of my life! We must be kindred spirits, or something! O_O My advice is to just embrace your inner shorts-writer. Most of the vignettes I've posted on this site are because of a big idea that wouldn't leave me alone even though I just don't have what it takes to prop up a novel. With short snippets, you get to voice the idea, the reader gets to enjoy the story without having to stay up all night and miss school/work, and everybody wins. ^_^

~•~
Kerth
Kerth
I think a lot depends on the context of meeting them. The Captain America of e.g. the first Avengers movie is a VERY different person to the current comics incarnation, for example. But they probably would find some common ground.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
OMG, story of my life! We must be kindred spirits, or something! O_O My advice is to just embrace your inner shorts-writer. Most of the vignettes I've posted on this site are because of a big idea that wouldn't leave me alone even though I just don't have what it takes to prop up a novel. With short snippets, you get to voice the idea, the reader gets to enjoy the story without having to stay up all night and miss school/work, and everybody wins. ^_^

Yeah, that's probably gonna be my chosen path - seems like a plan fitting for me! There may be some ideas that work better long-form, and idk what to do about those, lol. Some may be able to be converted into shorter stories; it is possible I might write some longer ones but probably not novel length. At any rate, it's probably best to try to do things a step at a time, focus on simpler stories first and not get too ambitious.

Kerth
Kerth
Hey!! First fic here! Congrats! dance

First of all, great story. I like the vagueness of the canon a lot, kind of gives me room to speculate. You still had the Lois and Clark vibe down pat though, and in fact until you mentioned Lori Lemaris (who is a character I actually love and is rarely ever mentioned anymore) I totally was picturing our version of LnC!

This interaction in particular had me grinning:
But I mean, that doesn’t even mean I’m against the idea, I’m sure we’ll have lots of fun! I just…”

“You just don’t like not getting your way,” Clark finished.

Lois looked a bit huffy.
lol #accurate

...although I couldn't believe that Lois wouldn't like the beach until Virginia's comment. dizzy Who doesn't like the beach? (Except for sunburns. Those are bad.)

I love Lois realizing how smokin' Clark is, and thinking that he's "a little fit". clap Perfect.

And the connection to the Marvel-verse Superheroes was great. I do think he and Cap would get along famously, even though he'd also geek out with Parker when he got the chance. You picked the two perfect characters to compare. Even his concern for Jimmy's feelings about being friends with Superman... very on point on so many different levels.

All in all, a perfect summer read. So glad you posted this, and look forward to reading more from you soon! clap

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
Hey!! First fic here! Congrats! dance

First of all, great story. I like the vagueness of the canon a lot, kind of gives me room to speculate. You still had the Lois and Clark vibe down pat though, and in fact until you mentioned Lori Lemaris (who is a character I actually love and is rarely ever mentioned anymore) I totally was picturing our version of LnC!

This interaction in particular had me grinning:
But I mean, that doesn’t even mean I’m against the idea, I’m sure we’ll have lots of fun! I just…”

“You just don’t like not getting your way,” Clark finished.

Lois looked a bit huffy.
lol #accurate

...although I couldn't believe that Lois wouldn't like the beach until Virginia's comment. dizzy Who doesn't like the beach? (Except for sunburns. Those are bad.)

I love Lois realizing how smokin' Clark is, and thinking that he's "a little fit". clap Perfect.

And the connection to the Marvel-verse Superheroes was great. I do think he and Cap would get along famously, even though he'd also geek out with Parker when he got the chance. You picked the two perfect characters to compare. Even his concern for Jimmy's feelings about being friends with Superman... very on point on so many different levels.

All in all, a perfect summer read. So glad you posted this, and look forward to reading more from you soon! clap

Aw man, I wish I had checked back here sooner. Thanks so much for your feedback! Glad you liked it! grin

Vagueness of canon has its ups and downs, it's fun to incorporate a mixture of different elements from Superman history along with your own interpretations without having to worry about lining up with a single existing vision, but then again it's also nice to have a clear source for concrete and established personalities and histories and trying to work more with what already exists. Both approaches are valuable, I'm glad to hear it worked in this case.

Moderated by  Blueowl, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard