Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#275573 05/26/17 10:10 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
All FDK for Guy Rule Number One goes here.
Teaser is up.

This one should be under 10 chapters. razz

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Nice start.

Framework4
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Framework4
Nice start.

Glad you like it. I'm wrapping up an epic right now but I should have Chapter one ready for posting by Friday / This weekend. smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Waiting for more! ^_^

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This premise has promise! goofy

Let us see where the plot takes us.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Can't wait!

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Bumping this one up. Chapter One is up. Hoping to have a posting schedule of once or twice a week depends on activity and RL of course. Sorry for the delay. thumbsup Hope everyone enjoys this one. wave

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Columnist
Very very interesting. Guy rule... more like Lois should just come out and ask him and not let it fester! Ha! Communicate Lois, get those feelings out, Lois.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Interesting take. Lois and Clark not communicating? Yeah, that's canon! Looking forward to more!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Interesting take. Lois and Clark not communicating? Yeah, that's canon! Looking forward to more!

Hi cuidadora!

Yes, those two have a tendency to do that, don't they? One is thinking one thing and the other thinking another....Thus making for a fun plot here. I WAS going to work on cleaning up Chapter 2 this week. Was being the operative word. My son shared his cold with me so now I'm too doped up with cold medicine to string proper sentences together. Hopefully this junk leaves soon so I can get the rest of this story finished. (I'm close to being done with the writing part just need to edit and flesh out some stuff).

Originally Posted by CarrieRene
Very very interesting. Guy rule... more like Lois should just come out and ask him and not let it fester! Ha! Communicate Lois, get those feelings out, Lois.

Hi Carrie!

Yes, Lois doesn't like to sit around and wait. She wants answers and she wants them now.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I really like how you've started this. I remember when this challenge was originally posted and I loved the idea. Lois finding out about the 'Guy Rules' by overhearing the conversation at the copier was a clever way of introducing the concept to her.

I kept thinking that Clark was going to catch on to her line of thinking, but then I remembered that 'Lois' isn't one of Clark's fluent languages. Can't wait to read more.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by BJ
I really like how you've started this. I remember when this challenge was originally posted and I loved the idea. Lois finding out about the 'Guy Rules' by overhearing the conversation at the copier was a clever way of introducing the concept to her.

I kept thinking that Clark was going to catch on to her line of thinking, but then I remembered that 'Lois' isn't one of Clark's fluent languages. Can't wait to read more.

Sorry (again) for the delayed response. It's been a rough weekend.

Clark speaks over 300 languages but 'Lois' is still a foreign language he's yet to master. Lois isn't even sure what she's thinking at this point so how would Clark? rotflol

I tinkered with the original concept of someone telling her but thought it'd be more fun to play with the concept from afar. Lois overhears a conversation and is utterly confused. She turns to her guy friends to figure out what in the world a 'guy rule' is and thus creating the tangled web and complicated dance. I should have Chapter 2 up by Thursday at the latest. Trying to rework a few scenes. Hope everyone's weekend went better than mine haha

Mucinex + Writing = Garbled mess you can't make heads or tails out of once you're feeling coherent

dizzy

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Columnist
Okay, you know how much I love this and I love how it was Jimmy you kept sending the ladies.

Communicate people. Come on, just tell each other how you really feel. But of course that would be too easy and wouldn't make it so funny seeing Clark trying to figure out what is going on.

B
Blogger
Blogger
B
Oh wow, so Lois is willing to let her friendship with Clark slide,for the sake of an uncertain shot with Superman? Yeah.. I can see Clark being very angry when he twigs,and very hurt. Learn from the Guy Rule, Lois. Friendship first.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, you know how much I love this and I love how it was Jimmy you kept sending the ladies.

Communicate people. Come on, just tell each other how you really feel. But of course that would be too easy and wouldn't make it so funny seeing Clark trying to figure out what is going on.

haha Well, a little bit of misunderstanding helps build good plot points. Don't worry I don't plan on dragging the miscommunication out too long.

Originally Posted by Bean22
Oh wow, so Lois is willing to let her friendship with Clark slide,for the sake of an uncertain shot with Superman? Yeah.. I can see Clark being very angry when he twigs,and very hurt. Learn from the Guy Rule, Lois. Friendship first.

Well, she's still focusing on the fact that Clark told her he isn't in love with her and she feels like Superman feels more for her than just friendship....more comes out in the next part.

Yes, Clark is going to be very very angry with Lois for sticking her nose in his personal life. Fireworks will commence in 000 seconds....

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh, what a great chapter!

Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Clark sighed, “I need you to put a stop to this.” He ordered.

“Stop to what?” Jimmy asked.

“The talk around the Planet about my relationship with Lois. The women showing up at my desk with some misconception that I need a date…”

“Sorry about that.” Jimmy apologized. “The only girls I know that are available are the interns.”

“Why would you do something like this?” Clark asked, “If you had a concern you should have talked to me about it.”

“I know. We weren’t thinking. I’m sorry, CK.”

“We?” Clark’s ears perked up. “What do you mean by ‘we?’”

“Well, um…” Jimmy looked toward the door.

“Well?”

“She said you needed to find a date. I was just trying to help, honest.” Jimmy squealed out hurriedly.

“She?” His eyes narrowed.

Banter between Clark and Jimmy! clap It's refreshing to see Clark angry at someone other than the bad guys. And his anger at both Jimmy and later Lois is totally justified.

Well, Clark should know better than to get between Lois and her investigation. It makes sense that he's so angry he forgot that. So now they're both angry. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

“Don’t play games!” Clark snapped, “I know it was you.”

“Me?” Lois shrugged, “What are you talking about?”

“You know, I thought you had a problem with Mayson, but I didn’t think you’d stoop that low,” Clark added irritably. “I have to work here too. I don’t appreciate you airing my personal life on the Planet Grapevine just because you can’t stand…”

“What are you talking about??” Lois snapped, “I haven’t done anything!”

“Oh, so you didn’t tell Jimmy that I needed a date?”

“Well…”

“You are unbelievable!” He fumed angrily. “Who do you think you are??”

“I was trying to help!” Lois snapped back.

“Help??” He scoffed. “You’re joking, right?”

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. On the other side was Mayson Drake. He stepped off the elevator, and put on his best smile, “Mayson, what are you doing here?”

“I thought I could come steal you for lunch. Maybe talk?” She gave him a warm smile.`

“Gladly.” He said, shooting a warning glare at Lois as he walked past her.

Mayson grinned ear to ear as he followed her into the elevator.

Lois shot daggers at him as the elevator doors closed, and he did his best not to react.

And just when Clark is getting to the bottom of the problem, Mayson Interruptus strikes again! rotflol

More, soon please! clap

Last edited by cuidadora; 08/04/17 08:36 AM.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Columnist
Columnist
How do you do this? Helping me then still have time to write your own chapter? He has a right to be angry at her. And yet he still tries to be nice to her and she is still frustrated. He came back.

She is the one that started it. Yup. Its her fault this time. Great job once again.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Oh, what a great chapter!

Clark sighed, “I need you to put a stop to this.” He ordered.

“Stop to what?” Jimmy asked.

“The talk around the Planet about my relationship with Lois. The women showing up at my desk with some misconception that I need a date…”

“Sorry about that.” Jimmy apologized. “The only girls I know that are available are the interns.”

“Why would you do something like this?” Clark asked, “If you had a concern you should have talked to me about it.”

“I know. We weren’t thinking. I’m sorry, CK.”

“We?” Clark’s ears perked up. “What do you mean by ‘we?’”

“Well, um…” Jimmy looked toward the door.

“Well?”

“She said you needed to find a date. I was just trying to help, honest.” Jimmy squealed out hurriedly.

“She?” His eyes narrowed.

Banter between Clark and Jimmy! clap It's refreshing to see Clark angry at someone other than the bad guys. And his anger at both Jimmy and later Lois is totally justified.

Well, Clark should know better than to get between Lois and her investigation. It makes sense that he's so angry he forgot that. So now they're both angry. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

“Don’t play games!” Clark snapped, “I know it was you.”

“Me?” Lois shrugged, “What are you talking about?”

“You know, I thought you had a problem with Mayson, but I didn’t think you’d stoop that low,” Clark added irritably. “I have to work here too. I don’t appreciate you airing my personal life on the Planet Grapevine just because you can’t stand…”

“What are you talking about??” Lois snapped, “I haven’t done anything!”

“Oh, so you didn’t tell Jimmy that I needed a date?”

“Well…”

“You are unbelievable!” He fumed angrily. “Who do you think you are??”

“I was trying to help!” Lois snapped back.

“Help??” He scoffed. “You’re joking, right?”

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. On the other side was Mayson Drake. He stepped off the elevator, and put on his best smile, “Mayson, what are you doing here?”

“I thought I could come steal you for lunch. Maybe talk?” She gave him a warm smile.`

“Gladly.” He said, shooting a warning glare at Lois as he walked past her.

Mayson grinned ear to ear as he followed her into the elevator.

Lois shot daggers at him as the elevator doors closed, and he did his best not to react.

And just when Clark is getting to the bottom of the problem, Mayson Interruptus strikes again! rotflol

More, soon please! clap

Hi cuidadora!

Yes Clark is very angry at Lois. So angry he didn't even care that he was hindering Lois' investigation. Lois is angry at Clark for getting in her way. Things will get more heated between them before it gets better and here on out you'll see a completely different a-plot on Operation Blackout.

How do you do this? Helping me then still have time to write your own chapter? He has a right to be angry at her. And yet he still tries to be nice to her and she is still frustrated. He came back.

She is the one that started it. Yup. Its her fault this time. Great job once again.

I have this written a few chapters ahead. I just cleaned it up for posting.

Yes, Clark is verrrrryyy angry.

He's not going to just sit back and take it this time. Lois crossed a line.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Columnist
Finally Lois is realizing what she did. But using Superman to get to Clark won't help. She needs to go to the source - Clark. Very good job, Val.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Finally Lois is realizing what she did. But using Superman to get to Clark won't help. She needs to go to the source - Clark. Very good job, Val.

Thanks Carrie!

Happy Birthday btw!

This next chapter is a little longer but it needed to be to cover everything. Hope you all enjoy. Chapter 6 is up.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard