Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
CLeuch Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Thought I would post this in advance of the holiday weekend for some hopefully pleasant reading.

This past weekend I got the chance to meet Dean Cain, and though I was able to watch him speak at his panel and otherwise admire him from afar, I chickened out when it came to actually going up and introducing myself (and forking over $50 for him to sign my DVD set). My muse, however, was quite pleased, as you can imagine. I was never going to leave this story hanging, but now I have a renewed drive to actually finish it. Summer is about to get crazy in the next couple weeks, but I have a bit of a buffer built up, and I promise to power through and keep posting regularly.

Thanks for reading!

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Reading this part makes me wish my free time enabled me to read up on the earlier stories, now! How CJ became Batman (newer model) and Jon became Red Superman (is that his correct title?), and eloped with Diane.

Exciting news about Laura. I'm sure Mom and Dad won't mind moving up the wedding a bit.

Let's hope that CJ does some sort of test before shooting himself through time. Does CJ fly? (I know Batman doesn't, technically, but CJ himself.) There was a passage where it sounded as if he was waiting on Laura (interrupting her private time with fiance Matt) in order to be transported to Metropolis? A simple 'yes' or 'no' answer will suffice as I don't want too many spoilers for the earlier stories.

Did Jon just step on the past by letting the Red Kryptonite out of the bag prematurely? I wonder if this slip will result in Jon no longer being the eldest child when he returns. Or will he not change the future by the mistakes in the past, because the future is already set? I know, I know. I'll have to read on and see.

Exciting news about meeting DC. That will hopefully give you some extra fun nuances to add to Clark's character in the future.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
CLeuch Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Pointing you in the right direction for some light reading:
- "Dawn of Discovey" is where we meet Jon and he becomes Crimson Superman. Note the he doesn't have all of his dad's powers, just the most showy ones.
- Jon and Diane eloped in "I'll Be You for Christmas."
- CJ doesn't fly or have speed, which is part of how he wound up as Batman. He interns as Robin in "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" then graduates into the job in "Meet Sam Wayne," which is my favorite story of the series.

Clark is too stubborn to let Jon's slip of the tongue affect the future too much...but it will be fun to see what it does.

-Cindy

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by CLeuch
Pointing you in the right direction for some light reading:
- "Dawn of Discovey" is where we meet Jon and he becomes Crimson Superman. Note the he doesn't have all of his dad's powers, just the most showy ones.
- Jon and Diane eloped in "I'll Be You for Christmas."
- CJ doesn't fly or have speed, which is part of how he wound up as Batman. He interns as Robin in "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" then graduates into the job in "Meet Sam Wayne," which is my favorite story of the series.
My Summer Reading List. smile

Clark is too stubborn to let Jon's slip of the tongue affect the future too much...but it will be fun to see what it does.
I was thinking about Clark accidentally giving Jon and older sister due to Jon's interference. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm finding your take on the time travel aspect interesting and unique. Looking forward to reading the next part, and where you take this next.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The good story continues. Keep it coming.
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard