Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#275481 - 05/18/17 02:27 PM Re: 50 Book Challenge 2017/What I've Read in 2017 [Re: Annie B.]
scifiJoan Offline
Top Banana

Loc: out in the cornfields

Originally Posted By: Annie B.
Originally Posted By: groobie
I spent three hours this weekend reading "The Outsiders" by S.E. Hinton. My 8th grade son had to read it for his Language Arts class; he really liked it and wanted me to read it, too. It was fine, I suppose. I understand why he liked it - it was a very easy read with male characters. I thought it was simple, and that the plot developed in unrealistic ways. I looked up information on the book, and understand that it was written by a 16 year old, so the simplistic style makes sense, and I appreciate the "screw you" to the English teacher that gave her an F. I guess the best thing I can say about it is that it was good enough to make my son actually want to do his homework. smile

I have 10 copies of that book in the high school library I run, and I can never keep them on the shelf. The kids love that book.

I liked that book a lot too when I read it as a 7th grader.

#275510 - 05/21/17 09:14 PM Re: 50 Book Challenge 2017/What I've Read in 2017 [Re: LabRat]
scifiJoan Offline
Top Banana

Loc: out in the cornfields
#17 The Last One by Alexandra Oliva

A woman joins a reality/Survivor-like show. During the course of the competition, a pandemic occurs. It takes the woman, on a solo challenge, time to realize this.

I'm a big fan of apocalyptic books. This one was average.

Joan

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Bethy, EditorJax