Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
CLeuch Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
My grandparents were farmers, and I'm building a few of my experiences with them into this story. The seed corn thing - I distinctly remember all the pens and note pads and magnet and hats and...you name it. My alma mater has an ag school, and I remember when I was in college marching band, we used to play "spot the seed corn cap" while we waiting to go on the football field for our pre-game show. So I mention the pervasiveness of seed corn everything with love.

This has been a fun story to write so far, and the characters almost write themselves. Hope you're enjoying reading it as much as I'm enjoying writing it.

-Cindy

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm so glad he thought to leave a note for Diane. That's just what Clark would do. Just like his father. smile I guess I'll have to read the earlier stories to see if that's a compliment he'll appreciate. wink

Oh, dear. The very thing that he didn't want to happen happened. Interesting that he doesn't get along with Nightwing when Sam or was it their sister (can't recall her name from Gotham Nights) had. Dinner at Hyperion should be an experience of a lifetime for both parents and son. I wonder if his parents ever figured out he was the Kryptonian from their past who came for dinner. They must've had an inkling when he chose that red uniform.

I'm glad that Jon will have the opportunity of getting to know his grandparents while he is an adult. He's a lucky man. I hope he doesn't get stuck in this dimension for decades waiting to catch up with his life.

Love all the little details, especially about the corn and seed merchandising. It really draws the reader into the story.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
You'd think Clark would realize that time travel is a possibility. But maybe he's expecting another clone or something.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Features Writer
Features Writer
Great details. Definitely a fun read, even though the premise is sad. Looking forward to more! clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good story. Looking forward to more. Jon's a smart boy.
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard