Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger

If you hear me screaming in the distance it's because this episode kills me.

I have a full transcript of the video, which I can post if someone wants to read it. If you have a topic you'd like me to take a crack at just let me know! Keep in mind that I'm a physicist, so bio or chem related stuff isn't really my forte.

Can you put that in Layman's terms?
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Another great video. This one was not over my head and completely made sense. I look forward to the other radiation videos.

I guess after those, there's tackling how the Pranksters freeze ray worked in its various forms and how, using Dr. Faradays research, they were finally able to get it to work on Superman when the previous 2 only worked on humans.

It's exciting to see something original like this being done.

C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Another thought since you brought up the existence of all the different types of kryptonite is how are the different types formed? How can a substance that structurally appears the same in every way except color act so differently? don't they say even emits the same type of radiation somewhere in the Gene Newtrich report?

Is there a base form of kryptonite from kryptons crust and during its travel through space different pieces picked up elements that altered them differently? Were they from different layers of kryptons crust?

And finally how does red kryptonite behave differently depending on the application? The writers just should have used gold or blue or something else for when his powers were exponentially enhanced.

Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
The freeze ray is on my list, but I'm going to try and stay away from optics for a bit. Those videos were UBER complex and kinda hard to write.

And I mean other types of kryptonite have a rather... dubious history. Even red kryptonite has done some pretty stupid stuff. In Krypto the Superdog it turned the 2 main characters into fish! Like... that's pushing it. All the types of kryptonite are formed differently and inconsistently. Let's have a party!!

I'm just going to do a quick recap of the one's that exist here, along with some of my personal gripes with them, so people have a nice reference.

(This is more explained in the next video)

Green is like how normal humans react to radiation. Pain, sickness death. Pretty simple.

Red ups the whole mutation factor. Like being able to damage a superdog's DNA such that they turn into a fish. *sigh* It is REALLY inconsistent. Sometimes it's artificial (JLA) Sometimes it's magic (Action comics) sometimes it's just a slightly different band of radiation. It really fluctuates depending on time.

Blue actually does have a reason to exist, though it has no effect on normal Kryptonians it hurts Bizaros. Bizaros are so complicated I don't even care anymore tbh. There's really no science-y explination for this one.

White kills plants. It's a pesticide rock. Basically It stopped rearing it's head with the appearance of the Black Mercy (See: For the Man Who Has Everything), because that story was so popular and no one wanted an easy solution to it. It has a positive charge because of SPAAAACE

Silver is red kryptonite for lazy writers. Ok ok it's... kryptonian magic mushrooms. OK OK It causes hallucinations and intense paranoia. It was created by adding... methane gas. *throws hands in the air*

Gold kryptonite (at least in pre-crisis continuity) would take away powers permanently. I'm like 80 percent sure they only made it because there were like 3000 Superpeople and they needed to have SOMETHING to take that number down. It's another one of those sometimes fake sometimes space sometimes bad luck. Idk man.

Orange Kryptonite appeared in Krypto the Superdog..... I hate that I know this. It gives earth animals superpowers. It's barely even kryponite and it can GO AWAY.

Pink Kryptonite makes kryptonians gay which is stupid and basically a fanfic plot. It existed for like three panels. Next.

And then they can all be mixed together.

*loud screaming*

Anyhoo. I suppose the answer to your question. They COULD come from different from different parts of krypton, but there's not enough consistency to say that for sure.

I hate that I did this mostly from memory.

Can you put that in Layman's terms?

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard