Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Henry's Story
Part three of 'A Town Called Smallville'

Comments are love.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ohh! Loving this series! dance Will comment more later!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Just updated the story - some typos, added info.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Very cool series

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I had promised to write more about this story and so now is my chance! dance

"They met in college, got married right after graduation, and then the war broke out," Henry continued. "The government needed mechanics and mathematicians more than they needed teachers. Dad ended up being shipped wherever he was needed to train people. Mom ended up working with an aeronautical design team in Newport News."

Aha! It makes sense that Henry's mother would work with the same group as Dr. Katherine Johnson! Excellent nod to Hidden Figures.

Lois was quiet for a long moment, no doubt considering how much more she could get Henry to reveal about the inner workings of the Truman Towns. There wasn't any more he could tell her. He had left Eureka for college thirty-six years before and had only gone back for family visits. He hadn't gone back at all after his parents died – first Dad of a heart attack and Mom a few weeks later of a broken heart. He had repeatedly declined invitations from Global Dynamics to head up one or more of their projects. He had turned down all their offers so far but he knew it was only a matter of time before they found something to lure him into their grasp. Only time would tell him what that something was.

Excellent lead-in to the series itself! Thanks so much for a lovely read.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Dandello!

The Daily Planet reporter's writing partner was nowhere in evidence and Henry assumed that Clark Kent would show up as soon as Superman finished handling whatever emergency had come up.
Either that or he is digging Lex Luthor out of his bunker and transporting him to a rocky island south of Tierra del Fuego for some light interrogation and general conversation about boundaries and such things.

"I was going to suggest you and Clark compare notes," Lois said with a tiny laugh. "He has a list, too."
[Linked Image] And he’s checking it twice, too!

He couldn't help but get excited. So many of humanity's problems could be solved by just figuring out how Superman's abilities worked and finding ways to replicate those abilities in humans or adapt them to technology.
Well, they could, maybe start with a different approach. Sure, it would require about 25-30 years to yield physicians with the proper skills, but it could be done.

Unfortunately, he also knew that the most likely first applications of any advances in the area of 'Superman studies' would be in weapons development.
Yes, that would require only 18-20 years to yield significant results. I’ve never read Red Son, but did they try to breed Kal-El to get a better yield of Kryptonian resources at their disposal?

he knew he'd lost out to Antoinette Barnes for the position five years before due to the fact that she was a good-looking female and the selection committee had wanted to show how 'open-minded' they were by appointing a woman.
The writers did promote gender equality, didn’t they?

"Well, you know my dad was an airplane mechanic and my mom was a mathematician," Henry began. He saw Lois' expression shift as she realized what 'computer' meant.
Yeah, I do wonder, did she think he was a cyborg?

He smiled inwardly – how soon people forgot that the programmable machines everyone took for granted used to be called 'electronic computers' because a 'computer' was actually a person with an adding machine.
Hmm…gives an entirely different meaning to the term ‘personal computer’.

Max also worked at the gas station and helped Henry with his German while Henry helped him with his English.
Why do I get the feeling that Max is a transplant from Operation Paperclip?

of course, it hadn't hurt that Eureka's only voting requirement had been 'legal resident able to understand the ballot'. All of Henry's classmates had voted for his mother in hopes of her making her oatmeal chocolate chip cookies the official Eureka food.
rotflol

I'd never seen a cow or sheep or pig or chicken up close and alive before.
Yes, but what about that sheecken they cooked up in the genetics lab?

and since the Brauns' dog down the street
Max’s parents?

It also told me that I was obviously the smartest person on the planet because I was the only one who had responded appropriately to its signal." He chuckled. "Nothing like extraterrestrial confirmation to boost an already over-sized ego."
laugh

"So the rest is history?" Lois asked, finally breaking the silence.

The office door opened and Clark Kent walked in.

"The rest is history," Henry agreed.
Probably not going to tell Clark, huh? Makes one wonder about the globe, though. Since they likely didn’t burry the space ship but kept it locked away.

Here’s wondering if inspiration strikes for another add on to this x-verse smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard