Page 1 of 2 1 2
#275149 04/29/17 10:06 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I posted this at the top of the main page; however, I'll post here again:

It's that time again. It's been a few years since our last fundraiser and funds are getting low. At this point we barely have enough to cover next year's costs. If you want to donate just click this link https://www.paypal.me/lcficmbs. If will take you to a Paypal page where you will see Kathy Brown's name, she is the keeper of the funds. Any amount is welcome - any little bit helps! It costs about $375 a year to run all of the web sites, which also include the Fanfic Index sites.

I'm not sure we'll be holding any kind of contests or the like that was held last time. Real life is pretty much at the fore front of those who organized them last time so this will be a straight out ask for donations.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me at amciotola at gmail.com.

Thanks!

Last edited by amciotola; 04/29/17 10:08 PM.

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I already want to send a thank you to those who have donated so far. We've a;ready had some generous amounts. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. For the last 20+ years (imagine, it's been 24 years since it's premiered!) that I've been involved with Lois & Clark, I know - personally - that FoLCs are the most generous FoLCs around!!

Thank you!!!

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
At this point, money is extremely tight for me; I don't have the funds to pitch in monetarily, but if my muse comes through for me, may I write a story which people would have to donate to the campaign to read?

Joy,
Lynn

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Not a problem, Lynn. We've all been there. I think you're idea is wonderful!! If the muse co-operates we'll make the distribution happen. It will be sent to the email address that was used to make the donation.

But no worries. We all do what we can!!!

Thank you for that offer!! smile smile

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hello Annette,

Wonderful. Thank you! And thanks for your distribution help; last time around, donors donated, then e-mailed me letting me know of their donations, and then I e-mailed them the story; having you distribute it would definitely save a step.

My muse is being a tease. She is giving me glimmers of something that could be really terrific if I could weave the into a story, but she isn't giving me quite enough to make that happen just yet.

Joy,
Lynn

M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Thank you all for everything you do!! I don't typically post much but am an avid reader of all things L&C and can't tell you all how much I appreciate everything you do to keep these sites going. Lots of great talent here that I look forward to continuing to enjoy! (And maybe one day finally being brave enough to post something of my own)

And Lynn, I would love to see that muse of yours come through! Always enjoy reading your work!!

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi MegansArk,

Welcome to the end of your lurkerdom. smile I'm happy to have you joining the conversation.

Thank you for the encouragement, and I second everything you said to Annette and the others who keep the board running.

I actually have finished writing the story and have P.M.-ed Annette to ask her what e-mail address I should use to send it to her. (Let me publicly thank Cuidadora for beta reading the piece and giving some really good suggestions.)

As soon as Annette has my story, I plan to post a teaser for it in the hopes of drumming up donations. (Hmm... Does that make this paragraph a meta-teaser? wink )

LL&P,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Welcome MegansArk! I look forward to hopefully reading one of your stories in the future then smile...

And Lynn, I very much look forward to donating and then reading one of your pieces. You know I'm a big fan notworthy clap.

Donation-wise, count me in, Annette thumbsup. I've been waiting for Lynn's story to post, and then I was going to move forward.

These sites--this show--mean the world to me. Can't tell you how much I appreciate all everyone does to keep them up and running. Here's to a LONG future hyper...
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 05/09/17 10:51 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Welcome out of lurkdom, MegansArk! Hope to see you around here more. smile

Lynn - you rock and I can't wait to read whatever you've cooked up!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Thanks for the warm welcome!! I look forward to stepping out of lurkdom more and more. Really as much as the L&C world means to me I'm surprised I haven't before now.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hello all,

My donation to the fundraising drive is a story to serve as a premium. "Kill Bill's Fan" is a sequel to my story The First Fanfic. Although the latter did happen to be one of the first pieces of fiction I ever wrote, the title actually referred to Lois's first piece of fanfic. In that story, she received some feedback from a person who went by the handle "Bill's Fan." In the current story, she tries to find out just who Bill's Fan actually is.

Some highlights from "Kill Bill's Fan" include:

- A new rule at the Daily Planet, the breaking of which is a fire-able offense
- A wager between Lois and Clark
- A Star Trek / Elvis crossover filk

As you might surmise from the above list, this story was written with a light tone and some comedic elements; don't let the word "Kill" in its title fool you.

Annette will send the story to anyone who makes a contribution to the message board fundraising campaign. I will wait until a year after the campaign ends to post the story to the general MB.

I am sure I am not alone when I say that I appreciate any funds you could contribute to keep this wonderful board going.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., I am not posting the story to the MB for quite some time, but I will start a feedback thread for the story now. Although I always welcome feedback in general -- both positive and negative -- this time, I am actively requesting your feedback -- at least if you like the story. I am not doing this to fish for compliments per se, but rather in the hopes that your feedback might make someone else curious or excited enough about the story to make a donation so that they can read the story sooner rather than later. Thank you.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Hello all!

Coming out of lurkdom to say that I just emailed Lynn's story to everyone who has donated so far. If you didn't receive it, send an email to lcficmbs AT gmail DOT com and let me know what name or email address you donated under, and I'll resend it to you.

There was one person who donated anonymously without providing an email address. If that was you and you would like the story, just email me at the address above and tell me your donation date and the platform you used to do so, and I'll get that out to you.

Future donors will have the stories sent to them with their thank you notes. (Just don't panic if I don't send it immediately after the donation comes in. I try to get to things quickly, but with my busy schedule, I can't always respond the same day.)

Thank you again for all your help in keeping these boards going. FoLCs are the best!

Kathy

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Kathy,

How is the fundraising coming along?

Thanks,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Greetings Kathy:

In agreement with Lynn, is it possible to get an update?

Thanks for pulling all of this together.

Morgana

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've been wondering, too...

Thanks, Kathy smile
Laura

Merriwether
Merriwether
Hi everyone! As of today (including a check I received today and will deposit soon), we have raised $960 for the boards. That is enough to pay for an additional 2.5 years at the current rate, so yay! We had less than a year's worth of funds left when we started this fundraiser, so even if hosting rates increase a bit, we should be safe for another 3 years.

Thanks to everyone who donated for their generosity. And if anyone who hasn't donated yet still wants to, we would certainly appreciate your support. smile

Kathy

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Woohoo! party

Thanks to everyone who donated. (I wish I could have chipped in monetarily myself.) And thanks, too, to you, Kathy, and everyone else who works behind the scenes to keep the sites running smoothly.

Does this mean the end of the official fund-raising period? I had pledged not to post my "Kill Bill's Fan" story until at least one year after the fund-raiser officially ends; should I start the count-down clock as of today? Or do you have a specific dollar amount in mind before the campaign ends?

Thanks,
Lynn

Merriwether
Merriwether
Donations have slowed down for the last several days, but we've only been actively soliciting donations for about three weeks, so I'm not ready to call it yet. How about we say the "official" fundraiser will go through mid-June, or six weeks from when we started. So maybe aim to post the story in June 2018? But, of course, if people see this outside that window and want to donate, we most definitely welcome them to do so!

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Sounds like a good plan to me. smile

Thanks again,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
3 years grin hyper clap dance notworthy party !!!

Can not explain how happy it makes me to hear that smile...

Thanks EVERYONE sloppy
Laura

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard