Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
CLeuch Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
*insert Back to the Future reference here*

So 1997 puts our hero smack in the middle of the 4th season. I will most certainly be visiting an episode from that season, so stay tuned for that.

As usual, my writing time is somewhat limited, but I have a lot of ideas. We'll try to post a new part every couple of weeks. In the meantime, I look forward to hearing what your first impressions are. Thanks for reading!

-Cindy

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap I'm so excited that you're writing another chapter in this series. I read Gotham Nights and loved it. I can't wait to catch up with the earlier stories in the series (now that Darth Michael reminded me where to load them from for my Nook).

Time travel! hyper Big fan. This should be fun. No wonder Clark was so startled finding a Red Superman (that's Jon's costume and name, right?) at his fire. Wonder what he'll say to Lois (since in 1997 she's clearly in the know). Help out from the Kents! Wow, I love this idea already. I can't wait to see what Martha and Jonathan think of their future grandson and how they'll react.

I wonder who behind all the time-traveling mischief. Tempus? Myxy? Someone new? How will Jon get back to the future? How will CJ/Sam/Batman save him? I'm definitely signed up for this ride.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 04/29/17 04:18 PM. Reason: forgot a verb

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Ooh! I'm loving this story already! I'm always an easy hook with time travel fics wink so I'm buckled in for the long haul. Love the note that he knows not to interact with his parents, that's like a number one rule for sci-fi/time travel stories and yet it's the one that consistently happens... That said I'd love to see a scene where he meets Lois and Clark for real. laugh

I didn't realize there's more to this series!! hyper Now I must find them, and read them all!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yay! Another adventure in this series. clap
Definitely looking forward to this story. Great hook to start this tale! Looking forward to Jon's interaction with Martha and Jonathan. Traveling back in time and leaving a message for CJ/Sam via Batman is brilliant.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Kerth
Kerth
Interesting - somehow he needs to avoid all contact with his parents etc. that tells them anything about his origin, or do something to ensure that they won't mess up the time stream. That ought to be fun...

Last edited by Marcus Rowland; 04/30/17 05:10 PM.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Leading the cheer "I like it, I like it! Please write on!" This is absolutely awesome. Thank you for continuing the Gotham Nights series.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great start to the story. Looking forward to more.
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
D
Deb Offline
Blogger
Blogger
D
Hey Cindy,

Sorry I'm late coming into the story... Once again an intriguing (sp?) concept.

You know how much I love this next-gen family and am so glad to see you're writing another chapter!

Can't wait to see how this all turns out and am looking forward to see what you have in store for us.

So happy to see you writing again!

Deb (a very happy camper smile )

debc on IRC

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard