Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
You may post any responses here if you are so inclined.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh,great part! It's nice to see their lives, unhappy as they are.
Any I will testify to your directions and road knowledge. Hubby
is from Manhattan, Kansas. Although I didn't know they had a
Texas Roadhouse.
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I only found this story a week ago, it's been that long since I've been on here.... and what an awesome story to come back to. Really enjoying it and can't wait for the next part already. Keep up the great work. smile

Kerth
Kerth
Awwww...I adore how open and honest they're being with each other, how trusting they are even though they hardly know each other. You've done a great job building that instinctive connection between them. Great explanation as to how Clark's path veered due to the death of his father - made complete sense. But I like that he doesn't seem completely satisfied with his life, as if he knows that something is missing or off, but is resigned to what he has. And thanks for letting Clark clarify to Lois that Mayson is not actually his girlfriend. wink They've got enough barriers between them - they don't need that misunderstanding as well. laugh

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lots of good insights into what makes this Lois and Clark tick!

The interplay between Nigel and Asabi is very interesting. My memories of the actual show have faded quite a bit, so I don't recall whether we saw them interact much (if at all), but I like the way you've captured that potentially explosive relationship.

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
More feedbacks! This is getting addictive, y'all.

Artemis, I'm glad you like the peeks into their lives. It's funny how certain things occurring at different times can change so many other things. And I don't know how long it's been since your Hubby was in Manhattan, but the Roadhouse was a new building when I was last there. I've no idea if it still is, though. I know my grandson enjoyed it.

Elizabeth, thanks for the compliments. I hope you continue to enjoy it. I think you'll find that our favorite couple is going through a change in the level of their relationship - maybe not to the level certain people want to see, at least not yet.

Groobie, this is one of the reasons I didn't have them try to drive straight through to Denver. They needed to spend some time together and learn more about each other so they could trust each other more fully. Being cooped up in a car or a motel room for days on end compresses a relationship, and everything seems to develop more quickly. Those who get along will learn to get along more quickly, and those who don't - well, that's why we have health insurance.

AmyPrime, I put Asabi and Nigel together here partly to contrast their touchy and delicately balanced relationship with the one Lois and Clark are building, and partly to fill the villain role together. The only episode in which I recall the actors appearing together was the one where Lex was testing Superman, and Tony Jay (Nigel) was not addressed by that name during the episode. I don't think they were in any other eps together.

Next chapter up in moments!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
The conversation between Asabi and Nigel was quite chilling. I would imagine if those two did face off it would be dangerous for everyone around them.

Clark, stealing a newly married couple's vehicle? Desperate, but mean.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard