Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#275112 04/27/17 02:20 PM
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Tommy Douglas was, in my opinion, the greatest Canadian who ever lived. He was a baptist preacher, but they called him a godless Bolshevik. Well, I thank God for that godless Bolshevik. He's the one who brought universal health care to Canada.

As someone who has Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, I am so grateful for that health care. It has been brought into sharp focus for me these days, watching lawmakers in the States fight so that insurance companies don't have to cover people with pre existing conditions.

As a Canadian, my taxes may be higher in order to pay for health care and there may be delays in our health care system, but I'm still so very grateful. I can sleep at night knowing that I'm not going to be saddled with health care costs that are as financially debilitating as MS is physically debilitating.

My heart and prayers are with all those in the States living with MS and other pre existing conditions. My fondest desire for you would be that God would send you a godless Bolshevik.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm sorry for your loss. Tommy Douglas sounds like a great man. I hope your prayer reaches God's ears. We could use a godless Bolshevik of a forward thinker like that here in the States, instead of being decades behind you.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I second that opinion.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard