Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story is Here.

Just a bit of siliness that came to me today. wink

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It sure makes me wonder what happened to the other security guard and what those robots are actually putting into the pizza. eek

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Is he working at a Chuck E Cheese-type place? I couldn't tell what kind of pizza place this could be otherwise.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yup, this was very different!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
My first thought was a crossover with A Night at the Museum, but I'm guessing that's wrong. Westworld?

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I was clueless about the story as well, but had a feeling that it was alluding to some pop culture reference that went over my head. I did an Internet search on "robot pirate fox pizza" and came up with Five Nights at Freddy's Although the story was an interesting read, I'm sure it would have had a lot more impact if I had known about the game prior to reading it.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So THAT'S how Clark finally got his foot in the door! Cute little story, even if the robot fox stuff went over my head. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
LOL! I actually did know about FNAF before reading. Very funny idea for a crossover! I also just like thinking about Clark dealing with having to work a minimum wage job while he's waiting for his big break, and wouldn't mind reading (or even writing) more stories based on that premise.

Thanks for the funny, unique story.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, guys! smile

Yes, it's based on the horror game Five Nights at Freddie's, which I mostly know about thanks to YouTube videos. My apologies to everyone who didn't get it; it should have occurred to me that the LnC and FNaF fandoms likely wouldn't have a lot of overlap. blush. But yeah, Clark is the sucker stuck with haunted robots for a week. wink

~•~
Kerth
Kerth
Hahaha, I got it!! rotflol Took me a second (first thought was Chuck E. Cheese too), but the fox sealed it. Very clever! I'd love to see some more fics about Clark inexplicably surviving horror-type situations. thumbsup

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Leading to a series of odd occurrence jobs and selling the stories to INS as a stringer. Some of them followed up by a full time reporter named Karl.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard