Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger

Hi all! I was re-watching Lois and Clark (again) and I got a little too invested, so I decided to dissect fictional science.

I have a full transcript of the video, which I can post if someone wants to read it. If yoou have a topic you'd like me to take a crack at just let me know! Bear in mind that I'm a physicist, so bio or chem related stuff isn't really my forte.

Anyway enjoy!

(Also this is my first post. If I'm in the wrong place just yell)

Can you put that in Layman's terms?
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
That was great though even with a pseudo science degree (CS) and some of the physic classes I had to take for it, some of it was still over my head.

There are several episodes I can think of that the science was a little shaky. Like how with all the times Superman was exposed to radiation did he only absorb enough radiation to be dangerous when the NAZIs exploded the bomb. Wouldn't he be a little radioactive after stopping Luthors power plant or after burning out the kryptonite from Diana Stride?

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very cool! Really enjoyed this smile...

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
DUDE Ok the nazi episode... like the whole gravity magnet thing killed me. I'm tackling it as soon as I finish my one on The Invisible Man because... no gravity does not work that way. I must fix it.

I'm really trying to make things understandable but... I've had whole classes on some of these topics and I tend to take some knowledge for granted heh.

I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That was very interesting and entertaining for even this Classics major. 95% of the science went over my head, but the gist I got was that Clark's eyes were burnt out (flash blinded) due his heat vision and healed (ironically) by the darkness. Therefore, Dr. Leit got very lucky. I liked the discussion point on how Kryptonian eyes are different than human eyes.

MLT's story Blind (Super)Man's Bluff explained why Clark's eyes didn't heal properly in a similar manner.
He was trying to heal his eyes by looking into the sun, therefore, continually blinding himself.
When he stopped looking into the sun, his eyes were able to heal.

Do you have other videos explaining the science of L&C?

I was curious why Kryptonite sometimes knocked out Clark's powers (GGGH and HoL) for a long time and sometimes not (Madame Ex). I'm sure the biggest reason was the change in the Writer's Room.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 04/23/17 06:16 PM. Reason: noun / verb fix

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Thanks! As long as I can get a point across I feel like I succeeded. I AM working on making my science a little bit more... understandable.

I LOVED Blind (Super)Man's Bluff!! It's actually what made we start with this particular topic!

I'm currently filming a Science of The Invisible Man, that one will probably be up by next week. After that I was thinking of doing a series on radiation in the L&C universe. Starting off with Super Mann's nuclear bomb (which... no) and ending with Kryptonite. That means it might be a while, but I'll get there!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard