Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
"Lana?" Lois echoed. "Lana, your ex-girlfriend, Lana? Lana Lang?" She sounded as shocked as Clark felt. "This is her?"

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
"Do...do I...know her?" she asked slowly.

"Please," he begged. "I don't want to overstep my place. Your family has shown me every kindness. I can't...I can't jeopardize one of the best things that's happened to me lately."

"Is it...me?" she whispered.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
"Superman," she choked out, "Clark... you have to find him... he was shot..."

Superman knelt in front of her so he could meet her downcast eyes, "I know Lois, I'm so sorry I couldn't..." he soothed.

Lois made a sharp slashing movement with her hand as she vaulted to her feet, her grief giving over to exasperation as she bit out, "You don't understand! He managed to give me one of our signals after he went down... three taps to signal meeting up and whoever gave the signal's apartment. That means he was *alive* and rational enough to give me that signal. You *have* to go looking for him *now*! He could..."

"Lois!" Superman cut her off abruptly.

Lois snarled and grasped the hero's shoulder, trying to urge him to Clark's balcony, "I *said*..."

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This was, Perry White decided, one of the lowest points in his tenure as editor-in-chief. Hiding in the closet of an employee to escape detection by another employee was definitely not dignified.
From in here, he couldn't make out exactly what Lois was saying, but the shrill tone of her voice- even muffled as it was by Kent's coats- led credence to Clark's assertion that this whole Linda King thing was sending Lois off the deep end.

Lois's voice- and the sound of Clark's vain attempts to check her- was suddenly louder and clearer. Unwilling to be caught, Perry burrowed between the hanging clothes, leaning against the back wall of the closet so he had clear space in which to breathe. Whoever had built this particular wardrobe had definitely not taken someone of Clark's hefty build into account. The shoulders of his suit jackets brushed both the back wall and the door. Perry shifted, trying to find a more comfortable position; his elbow hit something with a muted 'click' and he stumbled backwards as the seemingly solid wall behind him slid away. He floundered, grabbing blindly in the dark to recover his balance and ended up with a handful of slick fabric. Just as he began to puzzle over why he had a hold of what felt like Spandex, the closet door slid open, exposing him to the shocked and appalled expressions of Lois and Clark.

Lois was the first to find her voice.

“Well. This is a surprise.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“Yes, why indeed?” she said, softly. “So, you’re saying that you won’t try to seduce me until I know your secret?”
He ran his fingers through her hair. “Do you want me to seduce you?”

“I meant have sex.”

He smiled. “Do you want me to make love to you, Lois?”

She turned away, her face red again, but she didn’t step out of his arms. “You’re avoiding the question.”

As had she.

“I won’t make love to you until you know, Lois,” he promised into her ear. “I respect you too much to do otherwise.”

“Respect or love?” she asked, turning back around. Her face was now a mere inch away from his. He could feel her breath against his lips.

“Both,” he replied, speaking the word into her mouth. He took her dare and closed the gap between them, sealing this promise with a kiss.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
No guesses yet?

Hopefully everyone's catching up on their reading....

Bud reached into his back pocket and pulled out Smith and Wesson .38 special that he had stolen from his father’s gun locker. Waving it around, negligently, he bragged, “My old man won’t even know that this is gone. I found where he put the key to the lock-up and let myself in. I got a box full of bullets as well. How’d you guys do?”

Jack sat down his glass and produced a semi-automatic version of an AR-15 and said, “I got this and two extra clips.”

After setting down his glass, Ben produced and automatic pistol, a 9mm Glock 19 and said, “I got this and two clips.”

Smiling, Bud said, “Nobody better get in our way. We’ll show ‘em.” He looked around conspiratorially and said, “Okay, we meet here tomorrow at six. Bring everything. Dress all in black and wear ski-masks so that they can’t tell who it is on the security cameras. I’ll take care of the bomb then we meet in the hallway outside the newspaper’s office. We trash it and then move on. By that time that the dance is well underway and we can move on the gym. It’ll be just like WOW. Just remember, Kent, Kaplin and that new girl are mine.

They spent some time finalizing their plans, smoking additional weed as they did.

As they were finalizing their plans the hate they felt was exacerbated by what they planed and also the drugs they were consuming. By the time they were finished they were all consumed with a red hot fury at the school, and especially those that had perpetrated their exposure which resulted in their removal from the team and the revenge they would exact.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“I don’t believe it,” Lucy shook her head adamantly.

“It’s right there on T.V.” Jimmy pointed at the screen. “That’s all everyone’s been talking about.”

“Clark wouldn’t lie to us like that. Lois wouldn’t keep something like that from us. It just doesn’t make sense. I think there’s something else going on here.”

“There may be something else going on,” Jimmy acknowledged, “but there is also something going on with Superman. Why does he only give the exclusives to your sister and CK? Why always the Planet?”

“My sister? You’re not claiming Lois as a friend anymore?” Lucy asked, questioning his word choice.

“I don’t know.” Jimmy shrugged. “I don’t know what I’m doing.”

“Well, I say it’s bologna and you need to stop reading the Tattletale Weekly. There are more important things to focus on than the latest rumor in Metropolis.” Lucy snapped irritably.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
"Dr. Klein...he doesn't know," Clark quietly warned her. "I'd like to keep it that way. Unless...unless it becomes absolutely necessary. I'm trusting you to make that decision. I'm trusting you to make all the decisions if I'm not able to."

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“It doesn’t matter, Clark. What matters--”

“How long have you known, Lois?” he cries, and whatever Lois sees in his face, it arrests her. There are more tears trailing down her face, but he only knows by the scent of salt; his eyes are blinded by his own fears and disappointments. “Since that night? The night you came to me and asked me on a date? Is that why you were crying? Why your heart was racing and I could tell you were hiding something? Is this what you were hiding, Lois?”

“Hey, I’m not the only one who’s been hiding things, and you’ve been doing it for far longer!” she snaps back, bristling.

Clark trembles. A crack echoes through his hearing and when he looks down, he sees hairline fractures in the floor spreading out from his feet, a shockwave effect caused by the amount of pressure it is taking him to stay in one spot.

“What happened, then?” he asks, and cannot help the bitterness pervading his tone. “You found out I was Superman--the ordinary man you promised you would love--and decided to give it a try? And then what? You found out I was Clark instead of the perfect hero you made up? Are you disappointed to find out that Superman isn’t real?”

Lois actually winces at that. And then (freezing the blood in Clark’s veins), she just shuts down. Her face goes expressionless, her eyes icy, her mouth a firm line. “You have no idea what I think, or why I came to you. You don’t know me, Clark! If you did, you would never--”

“No, I don’t!” His hands curl into fists, and Clark takes a precautionary step back (clearing a pathway to the door for Lois so he does not frighten her). “But I’ve tried! I have done nothing but ask you what you think, or what you feel, or what you want from me! I love you, Lois, and I have done everything to try to be what you need. What you want!”

“But why?” Lois shouts. “Why me? Why did you pick me to lie to, Clark? Out of all the people in this city, why did you have to make me look like the fool?”

The echoes of their voices die out. The apartment falls silent. Clark stares at Lois. She stares back. A silent, painful tableau.

“You think I did all this to make you look bad?” Clark finally asks, his voice a pale shadow barely daring to slice through the quiet around them. “You think I wanted to lie to you--to lie at all, about everything, for my entire life? I guess you don’t know me either, Lois. You’ve known my Secret all this time, and you still…don’t know me at all.”

“How can I?” she asks dully. “You’ve never bothered to show me who you really are.”

“I have shown you more of who I am than I have ever shown anyone else. I have been honest with you as much as I can, and I only ever lied about one thing. I trusted you with my Secret, Lois! And still…that’s not enough?”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Bile rose in Clark’s throat, but with an effort he held it down. Lana never did anything without a reason. From what he knew of Daae, she shouldn’t cross him by visiting her ‘ex-boyfriend’. With an effort he composed himself and said, “How did you know I was coming home? Also, how did you locate and enter my apartment? After all, you did get married before I could show you the place.”

A glimmer of genuine concern appeared momentarily in Lana’s eyes; unfortunately as quickly as it appeared, it vanished. He got the impression that for all her self-confidence; she was uncomfortable being alone with him.

Preparing to do battle, she straightened her back and said brusquely, “My call to Pete didn’t go very well, he told me you were in Smallville, but not where. He did mention that you had a place and even gave me the address. It’s unlikely Joe would have room for a houseguest, so Irig’s was the best choice. I called there from my car; as soon as Mary Irig knew who I was she couldn’t hang up fast enough. So, I drove over here and decided to wait.” She held up a lone silver key, tossed it to him, which Clark easily caught and placed it on the bookshelf. “Really Clark, hiding a key in the planter out front is the first place a decent thief would look. You don’t live in Kansas anymore.”

Determined not to be rattled by her reproof, Clark folded his arms defensively and said, “What will your husband think if he discovers you were here?”

Her chin jutted upwards, a gesture of defiance. “Nothing at all, especially since Gregory is aware I’m visiting you. He … we feel it is important to ‘clear the air’.”

“Really? I think that was accomplished already in Zurich and then at the airport when you announced your marriage. You cleared me completely out of your life! When we were on the phone all the time you were in Europe, why did you lie to me?”

Lana’s pretty face twisted and she spoke sharply, “I never lied. There were a number of business contacts that had to be made in order to acquire the pieces necessary for the exhibit. Gregory helped me accomplish that task. Without his connections, locating those pieces and the Napoleon camp chair would have been close to impossible.”

“So, let me get this straight, over the course of a few weeks while ‘pursuing’ these pieces for the Napoleon exhibit the two of you ‘fell in love’?”

“Yes,” she responded flatly.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
That didn’t surprise Clark. For those first few weeks, he’d been a wreck. He rarely cried, even with all the terrible things he saw as Superman, but for the first couple of days he hadn’t seemed to be able to stop the tears. Even afterwards, he’d been withdrawn and depressed. It was just like his parents- especially his mom- to try and shield him then.

“Do- do you still feel that way?” he asked hesitantly.

“Yes, Clark.”

He reached for her and pulled her into his embrace, sighing happily as she wrapped her arms around his waist. He wanted to stay like this forever, but all too soon a thought intruded.

Superman.

Lois was still in the dark about his other identity. And there was no way he could let that continue.

Reluctantly he dropped his arms from around her and stepped back. She looked at him in disappointed puzzlement.

“Clark? You’re not having second thoughts, are you?”

“Never.” His denial was vehement and heartfelt. “But if we’re going to do this- if we’re going to be together- there’s something you need to know.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Lois stared in disbelief as she advanced towards him. “Superman?”

He looked at her slightly confused, “Yes?”

“Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” He smiled. His eyes ran up and down her body. She tugged her jacket more securely around her. “Do I know you?”

She looked at him slightly concerned, “It’s me…Lois..”

He smiled as if recognizing her for the first time. “Oh, yeah.” He nodded then without warning, he grabbed her around the waist and pulled her towards him.

“Get off of me, you jerk!” She slapped him across the face. She stared at Superman in shock. He may have looked and sounded like Clark, but this wasn’t Clark. She took a few steps back, keeping some distance between her and this imposter.

“You know that doesn’t hurt.” He said mockingly.

“Don’t you dare try something like that again!” She hissed, turning on her heel to get as far away from him as possible.

“Women,” He muttered under his breath before taking off.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
He shook his head again, clearing his thoughts. As he took a step back her hand fell away from his chest. He closed his eyes and then opened them. Looking directly at her he said sincerely, “Oh, Lois, I wish I could. You don’t know how much I wish I could believe you. But under the circumstances—”

Pausing for a moment, he then continued, “But let’s put that aside for a moment. Lois, what do you want out of a relationship?”
“What do you mean?”

“Let’s start with this. You say you love me. Yet you’ve been dating Lex Luthor. And I don’t understand. Just how serious are you about both of us?”

Lois lowered her eyes. “Well, Lex has asked me to marry him. So I guess it’s pretty serious.”

Her admission hung in the deafening silence between them.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
1. The Loser - Lois_Lane_Fan (Mike M)
2. Winner Takes All - Folc4evernaday (Groobie)
3. An Incredible Movie Experience - Deadly Chakram (Groobie)
4. Changing Perspectives - NostalgiaKick (Groobie)
5. A Stark Conversation - Deadly Chakram (Groobie)
6. Summer - Morgana (Mike M)
7. Clearing the Air -NostalgiaKick (cuidadora)
8. Filtering Out - Susan Young (LMA)
9. Between the Pages - Virigina R (Groobie)
10. When Churches Come Crashing Down - Folc4evernaday (cuidadora)
11. Changing the Game - NostalgiaKick (Mike M)
12. It's All About Timing - Lieta (Groobie)
13. Mirror Mirror - SciFiJoan (Groobie)
14. Muddying the Waters - Nostalgiakick (Mike M)
15. Innocents - Queen of the Capes (mrsMxyzptlk)
16. Only a Friend - Queen of the Capes (Mike M)
17. Tempora Mutantur - bakasi (Groobie)
18. End of an Era - Terry Leatherwood (cuidadora)
19. The Art of Conversation - Virginia R (Groobie)
20. The Purloined Paintings (AKA The Case of the Missing Artwork) - Lynn S.M. (Mike M)
21. The Naming of Cats - Lynn S.M. (cuidadora)
22. Veni Vidi Vici - Deadly Chakram (N/A)
23. Yes or No - Nostalgiakick (Mike M)
24. 1 of 5 - Susan Young (Groobie)
25. Rising Star - Lynn S.M. (Groobie)
26. Superman GO - Deadly Chakram (cuidadora)
27. Proposed Ignorance - Deadly Chakram (Groobie)
28. It's Impossible - bakasi (Groobie)
29. Countdown - Mouserocks (Groobie)
30. That Old Code of Ours - Lieta (Mike M)
31. The Assignment - Deadly Chakram (cuidadora)
32. Dance With Me - Morgana (Groobie)
33. Winner Takes All - Folc4evernaday (Cuidadora)
34. Ambivalent - Nivafrer (cuidadora)
35. When Churches Come Crashing Down - Folc4evernaday (cuidadora)
36. Proposed Ignorance - Deadly Chakram (Groobie)
37. Gotham Nights - CLeuch (Mike M.)
38. Mamihlapinatapei - Susan Young (LMA)
39. Seeking Friendship - Lieta (Groobie)
40. Fallout - KenJ (Mike M)
41. Krypton's Legacy - Deadly Chakram (Groobie)
42. Ghost of A Chance - AntiKryptonite (Groobie)
43. Airport - Morgana (Mike M)
44. End of an Era - Terry Leatherwood (Groobie)
45. The Assignment - Deadly Chakram (Groobie)
46. Don't Be Cruel - Cuidadora (Groobie)
47. Mind's Eye - CLeuch (Groobie)
48. Wrong Man - Nostalgiakick (Groobie)
49. A Farmer's Tale - Deadly Chakram (Groobie)
50. Winner Takes All - Folc4evernaday (Groobie)
51. A Stark Conversation - Deadly Chakram (cuidadora)
52. Adieu - Susan Young (cuidadora)
53. An Incredible Movie Experience - Deadly Chakram (cuidadora)
54. Superan GO - Deadly Chakram (cuidadora)
55A. The Real Me - CLeuch (cuidadora)
55B. Airport - Morgana (cuidadora)
56. Ghost of A Chance - AntiKryptonite (cuidadora)
57. Winner Takes All - Folc4evernaday (cuidadora)
58. Wrong Man - Nostalgiakick (cuidadora)
59. When Churches Come Crashing Down - Folc4evernaday (cuidadora)
60. Krypton's Legacy - Deadly Chakram (cuidadora)
61. Wrong Man - Nostalgiakick ()
62. Airport - Morgana ()
63. Fallout - KenJ ()
64. Seeking Friendship - Lieta ()
65. Proposed Ignorance - Deadly Chakram ()
66. Krypton's Legacy - Deadly Chakram ()
67. A Farmer's Tale - Deadly Chakram ()
68. That Old Code of Ours - Lieta ()
69. Muddying the Waters - NostalgiaKick ()
70. Between the Pages - Virginia R ()
71. Fallout - KenJ ()
72. When Churches Come Crashing Down - Folc4evernady ()
73. Proposed Ignorance - Deadly Chakram ()
74. Ghost of A Chance - AntiKryptonite ()
75A. Airport - Morgana ()
75B. Wrong Man - Nostalgiakick ()
76. Winner Takes All - Folc4evernaday ()
77. Don't Be Cruel - Cuidadora ()

59 Guesses Total. We had 18 that nobody guessed at the end.

mrsMxyzptlk had 1 many total
LMA had 2 many total
Mike M had 11 many total
cuidadora had 19 many total
Groobie had 26 total

And the Winner is....Groobie smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard