Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
I know it's Kerth season, because both the posting and commenting on multi-part stories has slowed down quite a bit. I just wanted to keep this one going, because according to the view counter column, somebody's reading. And I want everyone whose taste runs parallel to mine to enjoy this tale.

As always, feedback is strawberry ice cream to a hungry, dieting person.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
Hey! Get back here! wildguy Part 7 had better have a decent description of their detour to the park...I was looking forward to that. Clark needs sun, and the more surface area of skin he exposes, the better. devil Though, I suspect my mind has veered off in a different direction than your story will take us. evil rotflol

Susan, who thinks Cathy's lunch date with Nigel is not going to go well

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, great story!!! Yes I'm reading and I agree with groobie. Keep it coming and I want bathing suits!
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I finally logged in on my phone so I can leave some feedback. I love this story. (Well, I love everything you write, Terry!) Basically nothing happened in this last part, but it still had me on the edge of my seat! The developing relationship between Clark and Lois is delightful. I'm also interested to see how things work out with Nigel and Cathy, but it seems like decoding the fractal should take more time than they have.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Terry,
I'm still reading, and LOVING every part of it! RL is a little difficult so I haven't really leisure time to write detailed FDK, BUT...
I really love the way Lois's and Clark's relationship is developing. Atmosphere and psychology always feature heavily in your stories and, along with great psychological insights, make for enrapturing tales.
The Fractal tattoo idea is really great (I learned something, reading that!)
Nigel is even oilier and creepier than he was in the series (and that's really something!!)
Mayson is quite a sympathetic character in your story, and I really like the way you're writing her,
and... I dying to know how you will resolve the discrepancies with the movie... (well, the major one and my lips are sealed because it might be a spoiler) Apart from the train trip, of course!!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois slowly became aware of her surroundings. She was in bed with the shades pulled partly back, so Consuela must be nearby. She sucked in a deep breath and was startled at the smell. Had Lex gotten her drunk again? No, she didn’t have a hangover. Besides, it smelled more like a cheap motel room than her—

With each chapter the reader sees a tiny piece of Lois' live with Lex Luthor, snake extraordinaire. Lord, what a scary time that must have been for her!

Fractal tattoo idea is a very new and refreshing. Lois was determined to do this, especially considering it took months of secret studying to learn how to do the silly thing! Imagine having a husband so paranoid she had to study in secret? How on earth did she convince Lex to get a tattoo? Especially on his butt of all places! jawdrop

Story moving along at a good clip!

Last edited by Morgana; 04/18/17 03:37 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Ooh, delicious ice cream! Yum!

Groobie, we will indeed see the park detour. Maybe with less detail than you'd like, but you're free to use your imagination. As for Nigel, why would he be a threat to one of his most productive (and specialized) operatives if she's still on his side?

Artemis, glad you're enjoying the story. You know that I may scuff some dirt on the PG-13 limit, but I rarely step over it - at least, not overtly. evil

AmyPrime, I think some things happened in this last part. Any time the relationship opens up a little more, we have a greater potential for heartache and angst. And Mayson woke up, too! Haven't we missed her greatly? And we'll soon see about decoding the fractal and the expertise it will require.

Millefeuilles, thanks for the kind words. As for any parallels to the movie - I assume you refer to "Night Passage" - they're mostly used up except for a scene toward the end of the journey. The movie was an inspiration for this tale, not a pattern, so we can't look too far ahead.

Spoiler: In the movie "Night Passage," the cop and the female witness don't become romantically involved. In this story - well, we'll see.

Morgana, you're correct about Lois having been a prisoner inside velvet-clad iron bars while with Lex. And we'll soon see why she's decided to break out now. I'm not a mathematician and I don't know a great deal about fractals, but I seem to know more than Nigel does. How will he deal with that shortcoming? (And he will do so ruthlessly.)

Next chapter up very soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard