Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
"Take the boy," she urged the other woman. "Take my Kal. Be good to him. Please. Love him. I'm so sorry, Kal. I'm sorry. I'm so..."

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“You’re supposed to be my friend,” she says furiously, her voice low, crackling with intensity that usually compels him ever closer but now only lashes out at him, driving him back and away. “You’re my friend, and you threw…that…at me anyway!”

He swallows back his immediate retort (you are my friend, and yet you didn’t even give me a chance), his pleading explanation (Luthor is so dangerous, so deadly, and I couldn’t make you see it), his careful justification (I have been holding it back for so long that I decided to finally be brave and for once in my life fight instead of run), and says nothing at all. The truth is that he knows he shouldn’t have told her (knows she doesn’t love him), but he convinced himself that maybe she did feel more for him (she trusted him, after all, more than anyone else in her life, and that had to count for something), that maybe hearing he loved her would make her stop and see things differently. He’d told himself he was doing the brave thing, the right thing, and that even if it didn’t turn out the way he so desperately wanted, at least she’d know.

And even now, even after all the pain the last thirty-six hours have brought him, he can’t bring himself to apologize for letting her know she is loved. If she is waiting for an apology, or for him to take it back, then she will be waiting a long time.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Abruptly the sound of the aged elevator doors open and out stepped the most gorgeous example of masculinity Lois had seen in ages. He wore an out-of-date navy blue suit which had seen better days, but the brilliant white shirt and outrageous purple and yellow tie made up for the suit. She looked down at his old shoes and noted they had been buffed to a spit polish shine. This quick observation told Lois he took pride in being neat and tidy, which was more than what she could say for a number of men in Metropolis these days.

“Oh my…,” she whispered reverently. “Hubba. Hubba.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Abruptly the sound of the aged elevator doors open and out stepped the most gorgeous example of masculinity Lois had seen in ages. He wore an out-of-date navy blue suit which had seen better days, but the brilliant white shirt and outrageous purple and yellow tie made up for the suit. She looked down at his old shoes and noted they had been buffed to a spit polish shine. This quick observation told Lois he took pride in being neat and tidy, which was more than what she could say for a number of men in Metropolis these days.

“Oh my…,” she whispered reverently. “Hubba. Hubba.”

Airport by Morgana

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Hattie asked, “Have you heard about the new superheroes?”

Lara asked, “Who hasn’t?”

Morgana replied, wistfully, “Yeahhhh, isn’t Kam-El just a dreamboat?”

Hattie replied, “I couldn’t tell. The pictures I’ve seen weren’t good enough to tell.”

Morgan let out a sigh and said, “Trust me, he is.”

Hattie was more than a little curious and asked, “How do you know?”

Morgan was cast back in her memory, “It was the Fourth of July, we were on a cruise. The ship was in trouble. Some of us were thrown over the side. Kam’El and Ultra Woman 2 flew in to our rescue.”

Hattie interrupted Morgana, “You saw them flying?”

Morgana replied, “It sure looked like it to me. They came diving out of the sky and dove in near us so that they could rescue us. Anyhow, they got us all back on the ship and then Superman and Ultra Woman started to move the ship. I was almost thrown over the side again. Kam-El caught me. He wrapped those big strong arms around me and made me feel safe. When it was all over, I thanked him.”

Hattie, let out a breathy, “Wow!”

Seeing her response, Morgana decided to really blow her away and said, in a more matter-of-fact tone “That’s when I kissed him.”

Hattie felt light headed as she asked, in a raised tone, “You did what?”

The study hall monitor noted Hattie’s raised voice and said, “Not so loud.”

“I kissed him. To thank him … for saving me.”

Hattie complained, “I’m the investigative reporter and I keep missing him. I’m never there when he’s around.”

Lara asked, “What about Ultra Woman 2? What is she, chopped liver?”

Hattie looked at her and replied, “She’s another girl.”

Fallout - 2016 - Matchmaker Chronicles Vol 1 CG3
by KenJ

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh--I got it! Finally getting a moment to check in here...

#38 is : "Mamihlapinatapei" by Susan Young smile

Love that story...
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Mike M
#40 - Yes
#43 - Yes

LMA
#38 - Yes

Quotes that are still needing an answer for are the following:

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
19 - Gotta confess...this one has me completely stumped huh

39 - Seeking Friendship by Lieta

41 - sounds like Lara giving away her son to the Kents in Krypton's Legacy by Deadly Chakram

42 - just based on writing style alone, I'm going to guess Ghost of a Chance by AntiKryptonite

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by groobie
19 - Gotta confess...this one has me completely stumped huh

39 - Seeking Friendship by Lieta

41 - sounds like Lara giving away her son to the Kents in Krypton's Legacy by Deadly Chakram

42 - just based on writing style alone, I'm going to guess Ghost of a Chance by AntiKryptonite

19 - Hint. It's by Virginia R
39 - Yes
41 - Yes
42 - Yes

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
19 - Hint. It's by Virginia R

Ah, well that narrowed it down, now didn't it? smile It's "The Art of Conversation"

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Haha! Yes! Finally we got them all answered. I'll post the next batch of quotes here in a little bit.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Clark Kent is seated in the front row, almost directly in my line of sight. I wonder for a moment how he arranged that, then dismiss the thought as unimportant. I glance around him to find his wife – the woman who should have been Mrs. Lex Luthor – but I don’t see her. Perhaps she couldn’t get credentials, perhaps the state wouldn’t allow more than one representative of the Daily Planet, or – and I flatter myself, of course – she couldn’t bear to see me die, to lose me forever.

Warden Castle is droning on about justice or some such drivel. Justice! Were there any real justice in this world, I would be ruling it. All the people, not just those of Metropolis, would have to look up to see me. As I boasted to Kent and the woman whom I still love on the night I met them, I deserve to be the highest—

Wait a moment.

On the night of his first appearance – the night he issued his challenge to me – Superman told me that if I wanted to see him to look up. And as I think back on it now, he was all but throwing my own words back into my face. How could he know what I said—

No. That is impossible. There must be another explanation.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
The Boss nodded. "Few survived when the planet tore itself apart. The boy was one of the lucky ones. His parents foresaw what was to come and sent him in a capsule to Earth, saving his life even though it meant sacrificing their own. Tomorrow evening, that ship will land on Earth. Everything is in motion so that the Kents will find him."

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
It became ingrained in his very soul. He could match its syllables to the beating of his heart. So it became a part of him. When he finally felt in control again, he headed for the city he loved… and Lois.

Too quickly, the flight ended and he found himself hovering over her apartment. While he normally wouldn’t scan her apartment without her permission or her being in danger, this was not by any means a normal day.

Whatever a normal day was for him.

He was reminded again of his parents’ advice. Martha’s gentle voice earlier today masked her frustration and anger. He was floored when she suggested that Lois might try to seduce Superman. Until that moment he hadn’t even considered that possibility.

Using his super hearing first, he didn’t hear any sounds from the apartment except her breathing and heartbeat. Lois’s breathing was calm and regular, and although her heartbeat was slightly elevated, it was not distressed. It sounded more like anticipation or mild anxiety. And just hearing it once again soothed his soul.

Wondering what he’d find when he looked, he prepared himself for the worst. He avoided scanning the more private areas of her apartment.

Uncomfortable at violating his own code of ethics by using his senses to see and hear her, nevertheless he recognized its necessity to get a better idea of what she planned—and to at least have an inkling of how to respond.

Only Lois Lane could make Superman violate his ethics… for love.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“Well, I stowed away on the boat of Jimmy the Rat after hearing a tip that he was going to be meeting a business associate out here tonight. I thought I could get some juicy stuff, but as it happened, I picked the night when the Rat was supposed to be exterminated.”

<Figures,> the voice of Superman said, but it wasn’t her ears that heard the word. Startled, she turned toward Superman again, but he appeared to be as stoic and neutral as ever. That voice, though...stoic wasn’t the word she’d use to describe it. She blinked a couple times, wondering if it was just another figment of her imagination. But even as she looked at his face and his unmoving lips, his voice entered her mind again. <See, this is why you never go to the movies. Aside from not having a date, you know that somewhere in the middle, probably during the good part, Lois will require rescuing.>

He...? What...? Lois blinked again, not quite sure whether to be indignant, amused, or extremely scared. Her mind just had to be playing tricks on her. But, then again, what if it wasn’t? As odd as it might seem, wasn’t this her wish? If she didn’t know any better, she’d certainly think that these were Superman’s thoughts that she was reading. Holy cow, she thought, her head spinning as she felt herself descending dangerously toward panic.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“Look, darlin’, I try not to interfere in the personal lives of my reporters. But I told you once that that boy would walk on water for you or die tryin’, and I stand by that. Now, uh, when you and Clark started dating, and then Dan came on the scene, I was worried. And then, well, when Clark took off in the middle of the night like that, it wasn’t hard to put two and two together. I figured that you’d told him you’d chosen Dan.”

Lois stared at the editor, unable to speak, to correct his false assumption. To tell him that she’d gone to tell Clark that she’d broken things off with Dan, that she wanted to be with him, Clark- and found his apartment vacant.

“The thing is, uh, I know how Clark felt about you. Boy fell for you like a poleaxed steer the day you two met. You getting engaged to Luthor didn’t change that, and I’d bet my Elvis collection that you getting engaged to Dan won’t have changed it either.” He fixed her with a steely glare. “So if you only want him back in Metropolis because you miss your friend, then leave him where he is.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
"I...uh...here." He held out the hawk to her. "Take this."

"I'm not interested in buying another animal right now." Her tone was guarded and annoyed.

Clark shook his head. "No, you misunderstand me, milady. He's a gift, for you." He stretched out the hand with the carving a little further. "Take him. I want you to have him."

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“Flattery will get you nowhere.” She said, patting his knee lightly.

“Oh, really?” he teased back. His tone was full of humor but his eyes were filled with something else. Desire? Her breath caught in her throat as she tried to continue the teasing banter between them.

“Yes. Flattery makes you think someone’s trying to hide something. Are you trying to hide something?” she asked. His eyes got a faraway look that seemed familiar to her, but then he turned his attention back to her. For a split second, she thought maybe she had imagined it.

“Well, you don’t know everything about me.” He admitted. “I still don’t know everything about you.” He patted her knee lightly.

Lois closed her eyes a moment, savoring the warmth from his touch. If only he would move his hand up a little higher…What was she thinking? Was she seriously considering sleeping with Clark on a first date?

Her heart was pounding against her chest as she watched him hesitantly. He seemed to be contemplating something as he gently squeezed her kneecap. Both coffee cups lay on the table forgotten…probably cold by now. He looked at her hesitantly, keeping her gaze. He seemed nervous.

She really wanted him to kiss her. Just one kiss. It wouldn’t hurt anything. They’d kissed quite a few times and it hadn’t hurt anything, had it? The world hadn’t ended. This was different, though. This was an actual date. She was on an actual date with Clark, her partner.

Could she do this? Could she have a relationship with him? Kiss him? And still, have a healthy professional relationship with him? She had to. She traced the outline of his hand with her own, anticipating his next move. She tilted her head towards his as he leaned in to kiss her.

This was it.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
44 - the warden...has to be End of an Era by Terry Leatherwood
45 - The Boss...ah, not "the Boss" i.e. Lex Luthor. wink This is from The Assignment by Deadly Chakram
46 - Give me a second...I know I've read this...Don't Be Cruel by cuidadora
47 - Lois wishing she can hear others' thoughts...Mind's Eye by CLeuch
48 - poleaxed, eh? I recognize this...hmmmm...Clark and Dan...The Wrong Man by NostalgiaKick?
49 - mi'lady...has to be A Farmers Tale by Deadly Chakram
50 - Lois is considering sleeping with Clark on their first date, eh? I can turn that into an nfic devil ! For now, though, this is Winner Takes All by folc4evernaday

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by groobie
Lois is considering sleeping with Clark on their first date, eh? I can turn that into an nfic devil ! For now, though, this is Winner Takes All by folc4evernaday

ROTFL yeah I think all us cross posters can.
There is an NFIC version of WTA just so you know. razz

Okay, 44. Yes -Lex Luthor's execution
45 Yes - No not Lex Luthor boss
46 Yes - Yes it was hard to find enough of a quote that didn't have the title in it
47 Yes - Imagine if she'd gotten that earlier in the Series. Ha! Season 1 would have been funny
48 Yes - Tangled webs
49 Yes - I know that one was a dead giveaway
50 Yep

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard