Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Features Writer
Features Writer
The Assignment by Deadly Chakram

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Correct!

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
But no, she no more belonged in his champagne and caviar world than he did in her beer and pizza one. Besides there were times when she detected flashes of something almost sinister in his eyes which gave her the shivers. It was better for all concerned if they remained polite acquaintances.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
Dang it! I know this! I know this quote!!! But which story? Arrrrggggghhhh wallbash wallbash wallbash

Edit: Okay, I know Lois is talking about Lex, so I clicked on every nominee that has Lex in and finally found the answer: Dance With Me by Morgana smile

Last edited by groobie; 04/08/17 12:31 PM. Reason: relieve my insanity

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by groobie
Dang it! I know this! I know this quote!!! But which story? Arrrrggggghhhh wallbash wallbash wallbash

Edit: Okay, I know Lois is talking about Lex, so I clicked on every nominee that has Lex in and finally found the answer: Dance With Me by Morgana smile

Haha! Yes, that is correct. Alright we're fixing to repeat some stories on the next few b/c they're pretty long. I'm gonna post a few at a time. Be sure to note what # you're answering for.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“So, what happened with your date the other night?”

Lucy smiled, laughing lightly at Lois’ obvious change of subject. “It was good. His name is Alexander. He’s actually a bit of a celebrity here in Metropolis.” Lucy sighed, “I really like him. He’s really sweet and he’s willing to take things slow.”

Lois rolled her eyes, “That’s translation for ‘if you won’t give it to them; they have women that will.’ I don’t know an Alexander. Are you sure he’s a celebrity?” She took a sip of her coffee.

“Oh, you probably know him as ‘Lex’…” Lucy explained.

Lois spat her coffee out. “Wh-What?” She couldn’t believe her ears.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, you’re, uh …Dating...Lex?”

Lucy nodded innocently, “Yeah. Lex Luthor. He’s really sweet.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“I’ve always been such a good judge of character,” Lois wailed to Perry.

Clark stiffened as her words twisted the knife she’d plunged into his heart, slamming him back to the reality of their situation. Such a good judge of character. Such a good judge that she’d refused to listen to Clark when he’d warned her about Luthor. Such a good judge that she would trust Luthor’s word over his. Such a good judge that she would love Superman even if he were “an ordinary man living an ordinary life.”

“Oh, Lois,” Clark murmured. She never could be wrong. He knew she was far from as confident as she portrayed herself. She was obviously hurting and a part of him longed to sweep her up into his arms and shelter her from the pain he knew she was feeling. Normally, he would have been able to push his emotions aside and do just that. However, the fact that she hadn’t married Luthor didn’t change his own personal hell: half of him her “god in a cape” that she was “so completely in love with” and half of him the hack from Nowheresville that she “just didn’t feel that way about.” They’d saved her from Luthor, but he had no idea what to do next.

“Where’s Clark?” she cried.

Clark stayed where he was.

“We’re not sure, honey. We haven’t seen him in two days,” Perry said somberly, pulling Lois into a hug.

The crowd gasped and pointed up. Clark couldn’t see anything from where he stood.

“Lex! No!” Lois cried.

Luthor must be in trouble. Clark tried to lift off, but his body was as weighted as his heart.

Lois hid her face against Perry. Luthor’s body thumped to the concrete.

It was over.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Lois bit her lower lip. He really didn’t remember? He didn’t remember taking her into the conference room, locking the door, shutting all the blinds and making love to her for the first time in over five months….

“Lois?”

“Huh?” She gave him a weak smile.

“Where were you?”

“Oh, just somewhere else.” She muttered. “Somewhere else.”

“Do you remember what all happened after the bank alarm?” He asked.

“Well, we were really busy….at the Planet.”

‘In the conference room.’

“We were working on the follow-ups…”

‘In the archives…’

“We…we…were …just really…REALLY busy.”

Clark looked at her cautiously, “So, no Superman the rest of the night?”

'Not if you count him taking you on the ceiling…'

“No, just….work…” She got up and headed for the coffee maker to begin brewing some coffee. She could still feel his eyes on her.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
She took his hands in hers and Clark's nervousness grew, despite the fact that her touch always soothed him.

"I can't live without you in my life," she said, gazing into his eyes. "I need you, Clark. Today, tomorrow, always. I know this seems crazy and impulsive. But...I've been thinking long and hard about this, Clark. This is what I want. I'm not jumping into this head first without checking the water level first. Please, believe me, Clark."

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
As CJ wiped his hand off, a smile spread across his face. “Is there anything these things won’t get out?” he marveled. Jenny could only shrug. In her experience, emanations from a baby or any other toxic substance, gunpowder included, could be removed from any clothing, upholstery, floor coverings, or any surface imaginable simply through use of a baby wipes. Truly, they were one of the wonders of the modern world.

“If there is I haven’t found it,” she said, her sentence interrupted by the sound of a thud behind them. They both quickly turned, then smiled as they saw who it was. Their visitor’s expression morphed from concern to borderline annoyance as he saw his charges.

“You are aware of the tragic story of the death of Bruce’s parents, aren’t you?” Nightwing asked after a moment as he surveyed the scene. During CJ’s tenure in Gotham, Nightwing had been his partner in crime fighting, taking over on the nights when CJ was unavailable due to a sick kid, date night, or business reasons. They worked together on the more expansive investigations, and had started hanging out more during the daytime hours, though CJ still got the feeling that Dick wasn’t especially comfortable being under the same roof as Bruce Wayne. In all he had become a good friend, and had even developed the ability to tease, though it still didn’t come naturally to him.

“I believe I’ve heard the story one or two hundred times,” CJ answered. Jenny nodded. “A dark alley after a family outing to the movies…”

“You wound up a little less dead than they did,” Nightwing said, then approached the incapacitated robber.

CJ shrugged. “Guess now I don’t have the required tragic backstory to become a superhero,” he said, then stuck out a thumb toward the camera. “The wife took care of the camera, so we’re in the clear.”

“You just can’t stand to have a night off, admit it,” Nightwing said, restraining the robber’s hands and feet.

“I think he just likes to show off,” Jenny said, wrapping her hands around CJ’s arm and winking at Nightwing. “Though I finished him off, so...”

“Chivalry really is dead,” Nightwing said, straightening up, a twinkle in his eye.

“So you’re going to take the credit for this one, I suppose. “ CJ said. “And as much as I’d like to stay and give an official explanation to the cops…maybe join in on some of the fun…”

“Go,” Nightwing said. He was well aware of the plans for the evening, of the reason for their presence at the theater. “I know you have a soiree to get to. Give my best to your Dad.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
As CJ wiped his hand off, a smile spread across his face. “Is there anything these things won’t get out?” he marveled. Jenny could only shrug. In her experience, emanations from a baby or any other toxic substance, gunpowder included, could be removed from any clothing, upholstery, floor coverings, or any surface imaginable simply through use of a baby wipes. Truly, they were one of the wonders of the modern world.

“If there is I haven’t found it,” she said, her sentence interrupted by the sound of a thud behind them. They both quickly turned, then smiled as they saw who it was. Their visitor’s expression morphed from concern to borderline annoyance as he saw his charges.

“You are aware of the tragic story of the death of Bruce’s parents, aren’t you?” Nightwing asked after a moment as he surveyed the scene. During CJ’s tenure in Gotham, Nightwing had been his partner in crime fighting, taking over on the nights when CJ was unavailable due to a sick kid, date night, or business reasons. They worked together on the more expansive investigations, and had started hanging out more during the daytime hours, though CJ still got the feeling that Dick wasn’t especially comfortable being under the same roof as Bruce Wayne. In all he had become a good friend, and had even developed the ability to tease, though it still didn’t come naturally to him.

“I believe I’ve heard the story one or two hundred times,” CJ answered. Jenny nodded. “A dark alley after a family outing to the movies…”

“You wound up a little less dead than they did,” Nightwing said, then approached the incapacitated robber.

CJ shrugged. “Guess now I don’t have the required tragic backstory to become a superhero,” he said, then stuck out a thumb toward the camera. “The wife took care of the camera, so we’re in the clear.”

“You just can’t stand to have a night off, admit it,” Nightwing said, restraining the robber’s hands and feet.

“I think he just likes to show off,” Jenny said, wrapping her hands around CJ’s arm and winking at Nightwing. “Though I finished him off, so...”

“Chivalry really is dead,” Nightwing said, straightening up, a twinkle in his eye.

“So you’re going to take the credit for this one, I suppose. “ CJ said. “And as much as I’d like to stay and give an official explanation to the cops…maybe join in on some of the fun…”

“Go,” Nightwing said. He was well aware of the plans for the evening, of the reason for their presence at the theater. “I know you have a soiree to get to. Give my best to your Dad.”

Gotham Nights by Cindy (CLeuch)

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Features Writer
Features Writer
#33 is Winner Takes All by folc4evernaday

#34 is Ambivalence by nivafrer

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
cuidadora, yes and yes

Mike M, yes.

Anyone have any guesses for 35 and 36?

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
#35 When Churches Come Crashing Down by folc4evernaday

Last edited by cuidadora; 04/08/17 11:45 PM.

Cuidadora

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes to #35 cuidadora.

Anyone want to guess #36?

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“Who are you…”

“…talking to?”

Lois looked at Clark, who looked right back at her as they both hung up their phones. It was evident from his expression that they had both finished briefing Perry on their EPA investigation in Smallville, but with oddly contradictory conclusions. Lois found it strange that Clark, who had suggested this story in the first place, seemed so ready to give up on it.

“Something’s clearly going on at the Irig farm. We need to get back out there and do some more digging,” Lois said.

Clark’s mouth formed into a slight frown, and then he shifted his eyes to look out the kitchen window. “Yeah, okay,” he said with a distinct lack of enthusiasm. He paused for a moment before adding, “It’s going to start getting dark soon. I don’t think there’s anything more we can do tonight.”

Lois sighed. “You’re probably right.” She straightened taller as she said with determination, “First thing tomorrow.”

Clark turned to face her and blinked as if he was dismissing a thought. Then he grinned widely with a shake of his head. “Second thing tomorrow. No way I’m missing Mom’s breakfast.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
36 is Proposed Ignorance by Deadly Chakram
38 is the very beginning of one of my stories, but it seems like cheating for me to get credit for identifying it wink

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by groobie
36 is Proposed Ignorance by Deadly Chakram
38 is the very beginning of one of my stories, but it seems like cheating for me to get credit for identifying it wink
36 - Yes! That is correct.

38 - We will call that a Hint for all the other players. wink Anyone wanna give it a shot?

It's a Groobie/ Susan Young story. smile No more hints after this. smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Lois was frowning, "Incompatible? What would make you give up someone you love?"

Clark sighed, he was going to have to dredge up some ghosts it seemed like. Well, he did still owe Lois for sharing her experiences with Claude and Paul he guessed. He scrubbed a hand through his hair, "Well, take my high school girlfriend, for example."

"Rachel Harris?" Lois cut in sharply.

Clark blinked, "Uh no. Lana. Lana Lang." Off Lois' look of total confusion he pinched the bridge of his nose before continuing, "Lana and I were childhood sweethearts. Our parents got along so we knew each other as children, and Smallville's only got one school of each level so of course we saw each other in school. We'd always been close, and by 15 we were dating, and 'going steady' almost immediately." He glanced up at his partner and noticed her jaw was loose and she looked utterly appalled. He frowned at her for a bit before continuing his story, "But then came college plans, carrier dreams... Lana wanted to stay in Smallville and raise a large family on either her parent's farm or her husband's."

His head tilted as he remembered how trapped he'd felt in Smallville at 17. He'd felt the stifling shame of constant secrecy with people he'd known his entire life combined with a constant need to *belong* somewhere that neither the farm nor the town could alleviate. "I wanted to go off to college, and I'd already been bitten by the wander-lust that carried me on between college and my interview with Perry." Clark cleared his head, "By winter break our senior year Lana and I had both realized we wanted different things in life. I think most of the town was stunned when their 'golden couple' broke up. But by senior prom she was with another friend of ours, Pete Ross (to whom she's now married) and I went with Rachel."

Lois looked mystified, "There was no fight? No angsty breakup?" she looked at him in blank incomprehension, "no awkwardness when you see each other now?"

Clark shook his head. "No, we're still friends, even though we lost touch eventually. She and Pete married by age 20 and both of them exchanged letters with me all through college. Once I was traveling, of course, it was harder to keep contact, but by then they were busy with other things too. She'd just had her third baby, and first girl, before the mess with Trask or you'd have probably met her at the corn festival."

"Three kids?!" Lois looked horrified by the prospect and Clark couldn't suppress a wry grin. But then Lois seemed to push the thought out of her head. She thought for a moment before hesitantly asking, "So, you two just realized you couldn't make it work?"

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hattie asked, “Have you heard about the new superheroes?”

Lara asked, “Who hasn’t?”

Morgana replied, wistfully, “Yeahhhh, isn’t Kam-El just a dreamboat?”

Hattie replied, “I couldn’t tell. The pictures I’ve seen weren’t good enough to tell.”

Morgan let out a sigh and said, “Trust me, he is.”

Hattie was more than a little curious and asked, “How do you know?”

Morgan was cast back in her memory, “It was the Fourth of July, we were on a cruise. The ship was in trouble. Some of us were thrown over the side. Kam’El and Ultra Woman 2 flew in to our rescue.”

Hattie interrupted Morgana, “You saw them flying?”

Morgana replied, “It sure looked like it to me. They came diving out of the sky and dove in near us so that they could rescue us. Anyhow, they got us all back on the ship and then Superman and Ultra Woman started to move the ship. I was almost thrown over the side again. Kam-El caught me. He wrapped those big strong arms around me and made me feel safe. When it was all over, I thanked him.”

Hattie, let out a breathy, “Wow!”

Seeing her response, Morgana decided to really blow her away and said, in a more matter-of-fact tone “That’s when I kissed him.”

Hattie felt light headed as she asked, in a raised tone, “You did what?”

The study hall monitor noted Hattie’s raised voice and said, “Not so loud.”

“I kissed him. To thank him … for saving me.”

Hattie complained, “I’m the investigative reporter and I keep missing him. I’m never there when he’s around.”

Lara asked, “What about Ultra Woman 2? What is she, chopped liver?”

Hattie looked at her and replied, “She’s another girl.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard