Print Thread
#274642 03/31/17 11:43 PM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Hi everyone!

We've shut down the Kerth ceremony poll. The Kerth ceremony will be held in Google Hangouts on April 29th at 4pm Central Standard Time (GMT/UTC -6)

You can use Google Hangouts via your computer or mobile device. Kerth Chat is the venue for chat about the Kerth Awards. Kerth Ceremony is the venue for the ceremony itself. Feel free to join them at any time to test it out smile
Just a quick note- to use Hangouts on your mobile device, you'll need to download the free app, available on both iOS and Android.

Last edited by NostalgiaKick; 04/01/17 06:29 AM. Reason: Added note

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Please note: Remember to add the extra hour if you are in a Daylight Savings Time Zone!

Thanks, NK, for the posted results! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

X
Blogger
Blogger
X
Have been trying to test and I need some help here.

Could somebody please post specific directions for accessing Google Hangouts?

I have tried the links above here. They go to a Hangouts page, but anything I tried clicking on takes me to a Google Gmail Login page.

For those of us who do not have a Google Login (and, like Lynn in the other thread, do not want one), is there any way to access Hangouts?

Details:
Testing from my notebook running W10, using Firefox
Also tried from my cell, downloaded and installed Google Hangouts app, launched and immediately requests gmail addy.

Thanks in Advance!

Xi

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I just clicked on the above link and joined Google Hangouts.
Apparently mid-afternoon (US time) on a Saturday is a bad time to find anyone chatting. In that way, it did feel a lot like the first time I went to the IRC/MIRC. I stood in an empty room and talked to myself, until Mrs. Luthor found me and led me to the correct room. lol

With one click there's a button to "Archive" chats, so it should be easy to do so for those unable to visit the awards or Google Hangouts.

I'm using Google Chrome with Windows 10; that's probably why it's so easy for me. Unless I was standing in a room, talking to myself, which -- as I stated above -- I've done before.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Glad you are able to use it, Virginia. Unfortunately, mid afternoon any day is bad for me to get on. Weekdays I've got my two 3.5 year olds running around and weekends are my time to get out on my own and do fun things like food shop. goofy

But there is usually somebody around at night. I tend to get on around 9 or 10pm Eastern time, once my girls are asleep.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Hi Virginia! Glad you could get it to work. Mid afternoon US is early morning my time, which is why I wasn't online.

Rest assured- it did work. We can see your messages smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard