Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#274647 04/01/17 08:04 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey, FOLCs!

Just wanted to share... for the last two years I've been working on a book, like, an original novel that is not fanfic. You know, so that I could sell it, and get some money for my writing (FDK is addictive but does not pay the bills), and also because I love this story... um, anyway. I decided to self-publish. Found a cover artist who did a *gorgeous* cover for me, and now the thing's available on Amazon as a Kindle book for pre-order! I'm going to have paperbacks, too, but haven't gotten that far yet.

So, I had to brag a little, and also, I'm looking for a few people who'd be willing to read a free advance copy & post a review on May 4th when the book releases. Books without reviews don't get sales, which makes it hard to get reviews, so...

Whispers in the Dark is a paranormal romance, featuring a strong female lead who falls for a guy who secretly has a superpower, so I figured you guys might be interested laugh

I have a website - www.pamjernigan.com/whispers - with a link to purchase on Amazon. Only 99 cents for the moment.

Let's see if it will let me post a picture of the cover...
[img:left]https://static.wixstatic.com/media/e81bc2_73e5ec3eb9bd47d99d28232294f83052~mv2_d_1500_2400_s_2.jpg/v1/fill/w_285,h_413,al_c,q_80,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01/e81bc2_73e5ec3eb9bd47d99d28232294f83052~mv2_d_1500_2400_s_2.webp[/img]

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
On my screen, it doesn't look like the links worked. <pout>

So I'll just type it. www.pamjernigan.com/whispers Really, you gotta see the picture... maybe I can change my profile pic...

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sounds awesome! I'd like to read it.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Sweet! I'm totally buying it. You are welcome to send me an ecopy, but I'm pretty bad at reviewing, so I'm not sure it would be helpful. And even if you do, I'll still buy it...I love your writing! smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Congratulations on this accomplishment! clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
jawdrop hyper thumbsup

AWESOME! That's so cool! I'm definitely going to be pre-ordering, although I'm not sure I'll have time to read it before May 4th, I'd love to review it as soon as I can. Looking forward to it! dance

Also, I like your site! Couple interesting other ideas brewing on the horizon, huh? wink

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks guys... I'm so excited... and yeah, once this book is launched I've got a few other things to work on smile

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Pam!
I'm late, but I wanted to know if your royalty is better when someone purchases the printed version of your book or the Kindle version?

Thanks and congratulations! It looks intriguing. I don't think I've ever really read anything like it.

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I read your book! It was really good. I'm not in to zombies and stuff so I was hesitant at first, but it's Pam Jernigan through and through, a great story, very WAFFY and fun. What an interesting twist on "zombies"! Thanks for letting us know about it smile

T
Blogger
Blogger
T
Originally Posted by ChiefPam
Whispers in the Dark is a paranormal romance, featuring a strong female lead who falls for a guy who secretly has a superpower, so I figured you guys might be interested laugh
I wanted to read

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard