A/N - It occurred to me that I've been behind on quite a few projects. It's hard to start new things when there's so much else clamoring for my attention, so I decided to try skipping straight to the end of a few things. I want to thank all of my readers who had been following these stories, and hopefully these endings will bring good enough closure to the tales. smile

So, without further ado:

----------

Lois Lane's Travels – FINALE

“Lois?”

Lois's eyes fluttered open. She sat up, pressing a hand to her still-throbbing head, and looked up into the worried face of her husband. “Clark?” she asked, uncertainly. She could have sworn that he was still on New Krypton...that they were still only engaged...but then, she began to remember. “What happened?”

He gave a relieved smile and squeezed her other hand, which she only just now realized he'd been holding. “Do you mean besides Dr. Jackson turning out to be Jax-Ur of New Krypton?”

“What?” She gaped at him in shock. Reality had come back to her, now: she and Clark had come to Dr. Jackson, hoping that he could deliver on his promise to help them have children. Instead, he had tried to kill Clark. It was only his underestimation of Lois that allowed them to get the upper hand, but then, something had gone wrong, and everything had gone dark... “New Krypton?” she repeated. “That explains a lot of my dream...”

“What dream?” he asked, smiling now that the danger was clearly past, and helping her to sit up. They sat side-by-side on the floor of Jackson's laboratory, their backs against what was left of his terrible machine.

“We were engaged,” she said, slowly. “You were on New Krypton. Mr. Wells had brought the other Clark over and we were trying to find you, but then, I was in the future...”

He grinned at her.

“I saw our descendants,” she told him, and watched the smile disappear. “They were beautiful, Clark.” She thought back on the scenes that had played out while she was unconscious: the rising, young starlet who would help tell her and Clark's story, the long-suffering hero who would give her descendants their own branch of medicine, the diplomat who would usher in a new age of peace, and finally, the journalist who would make the two of them proudest of all. She related everything to Clark as best she could, and he listened quietly, his expression serious even when the dream-logic of her story made things odd.

“I hope it comes true,” he whispered. “Someday, somehow...”

“Clark,” she breathed.

He reached towards her to cup her face. “Lois, we *will* create a family of our own,” he told her. “I promise you.” He leaned forward and kissed her. The kiss deepened.

Children or none, Lois decided: her greatest dreams had already come true.

O Brother, Where Art Thou? – FINALE

Michelle glanced up, just in time to see his new partner do the same. Their eyes locked and she ducked her head, a light blush coloring her cheeks even as she smiled. Being the new science editor for the Daily Planet had its perks, he thought, as he stood and crossed to her desk. Of course, working with his new fiancee was more than just a perk: it was a privilege. She looked up at him again, meeting his eyes with a sweet smile, and he bent and kissed her.

“Something on your mind?” Lois asked, once he'd finally pulled away.

“Just...thinking how far I've come in my life,” Michelle replied with a wistful sigh. “How far we've come. I only wish...”

She reached out to cover his hand with her own. “I know,” she said softly. “I kind of wish Clark were still here, too.”

“Do you think...he'd be proud of me?” Michelle asked, hesitantly.

Lois beamed at him. “I know he'd be,” she said. Her voice dropped to a sultry murmur. “I know I am.”

He was just about to lean forward again, when he suddenly heard a cry for help. He was probably going to have to get used to these interruptions...

She must have seen the look on his face. “Someone needs you?” she asked

“Yes,” he replied, already tugging at his tie. “It seems this is a job...for Superman!”

One Strange Year – FINALE

Clark paced nervously in front of the door to the delivery room.

“CK, sit down!” Jimmy complained.

“Yeah, Clark,” Lucy agreed, holding tightly onto Jimmy's hand, “you're making us dizzy!”

“Sorry,” Clark muttered. He dutifully took a seat next to his new in-laws...only to resume pacing after five seconds. “What's going on in there?” he wondered.

At last, his agony was ended when Dr. Lane emerged from the delivery room, holding an indignantly screaming bundle. “Congratulations, Clark!” The older man grinned at him.

Clark gasped, his eyes misting over as he looked over the baby—his baby—in his father-in-law's arms. “Boy or girl?” he asked.

“Take your pick,” Ellen replied, coming out of the delivery room with another baby in each arm. “That girl's been awfully busy in there!”

Clark's jaw slackened as he took in the three tiny infants being introduced to him. “Wh-what? It's triplets?!”

“My sister always was an overachiever,” Lucy pointed out with a laugh.

He swallowed. “How is Lois, anyway?” he asked.

“Oh, she's fine,” Sam told him. “She's just nursing the fourth one.”

It was at this point that Clark's eyes rolled up into his head, and he landed on the floor with a resounding thud.

“I've got to admit,” said Jimmy, “between this, Lex's arrest, and the Spiderman exclusive, this has certainly been...one strange year.”

----------
Edit: April Fools! wink

Last edited by Queen of the Capes; 04/02/17 12:18 AM.

~•~