Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Top Banana
Top Banana
Trying to give others an opportunity...

Changing the Game by NostalgiaKick

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Kerth
Kerth
Since I can't give anything else quote wise without spelling the story out. I'll give you the author: Nostalgiakick
Bwaahaahaaa...yeah, because it was a super-short! Nice clue! laugh

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by groobie
Since I can't give anything else quote wise without spelling the story out. I'll give you the author: Nostalgiakick
Bwaahaahaaa...yeah, because it was a super-short! Nice clue! laugh
huh

What can I say...Couldn't think of anything else.

Originally Posted by Mike M
Trying to give others an opportunity...

Changing the Game by NostalgiaKick

We'll keep playing as many quotes in a day as we can. Just keep guessing :P

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Mike M #274612 03/31/17 01:35 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Another voice cut her off, "You know, Ms. Lane, redeeming my husband and helping my daughter and I get our places back on this launch doesn't mean I appreciate a stow away in a place where resupplying is as complicated as *this*." Lois shrank from Mrs. Platt's glare. "You're lucky the room you were in was empty due to Dr. Lyon getting a stomach bug at the last minute." Mrs. Platt folded her arms angrily as she floated in the doorway.

Lois hoped her smile was still winning her points as she reasoned, "Well, I just wanted to report on the launch. I'm fine with going right back down to print the story."

The first voice, a man who appeared to have some authority judging by the insignia on his jumpsuit, snorted derisively. "Ms. Lane was it?" Lois nodded. "Well, Ms. Lane, this initial crew of the Space Station Prometheus all signed on for a minimum of six months of service."

Lois froze, her smile dropping off her face, "But... supplies, surely you get supplies?" In the ensuing silence Lois hunched her shoulders. "Dr. Lyon getting brought up? Anything?" she finished desperately.

The authoritative figure smiled grimly. "Now that there's a crew here, we get *unmanned* supply modules often enough. But those won't even be jettisoned before we're ready to interphase with a manned vehicle to swap out crew."

"Ms. Lane, you've just volunteered your services to the EPRAD space program for six months. And you'll be lucky if they don't have a jail cell waiting for you when you get planet-side."

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
"Ms. Lane, you've just volunteered your services to the EPRAD space program for six months."

LOL...I remember that story! Seriously, what did Lois think she was doing? If that Messenger shuttle made it up to the space station with her onboard, how did she ever think she was getting back down to Earth?! Thanks, Lieta, for "It's All About the Timing." smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
"Ms. Lane, you've just volunteered your services to the EPRAD space program for six months."

LOL...I remember that story! Seriously, what did Lois think she was doing? If that Messenger shuttle made it up to the space station with her onboard, how did she ever think she was getting back down to Earth?! Thanks, Lieta, for "It's All About the Timing." smile

IKR? Biggest Plot Hole EVER!!!!

You are correct. It's All About Timing by Lieta is the name of this gem.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Scrutinizing Lois, she said, “Honey, I don’t see why you’re here. You look great to me. And what would your daughter think? What type of message are you sending her?”

Lois held back a chuckle, wondering how this woman kept her job. Under different circumstances, she’d even agree with her opinions. Yet her fifteen-year-old daughter, Cassie, completely understand Lois’ actions.

“I hope you’re at least doing this for you and not for some man.”
After the technician performed the injections, she left the room.

Lois unfolded the photo again. It kept her focused.

It wasn’t her appearance in that photo that had frightened her most.

It was Clark’s.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
Ah yes, Lois gets plastic surgery because it's becoming way too obvious that she and Clark aren't aging at the same rate in scifiJoan's "Mirror, Mirror." smile

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ah yes, Lois gets plastic surgery because it's becoming way too obvious that she and Clark aren't aging at the same rate in scifiJoan's "Mirror, Mirror." smile

Yep!

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Lois observed Clark as he tried to explain his way out of Perry's discovery.

His explanation- that he allowed Superman to use his washer and dryer and stored his spare Suits as the superhero had nowhere to do it himself- was well reasoned. It was even plausible.

She didn't buy it for a second.

His demeanor was too panicked; sitting at the table, with the incriminating Spandex suit draped over one chair, she could see his gaze keep flickering towards it, and his hair stood on end where he’d run his hand through it multiple times.

There had to be another explanation.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Lois observed Clark as he tried to explain his way out of Perry's discovery.

His explanation- that he allowed Superman to use his washer and dryer and stored his spare Suits as the superhero had nowhere to do it himself- was well reasoned. It was even plausible.

She didn't buy it for a second.

His demeanor was too panicked; sitting at the table, with the incriminating Spandex suit draped over one chair, she could see his gaze keep flickering towards it, and his hair stood on end where he’d run his hand through it multiple times.

There had to be another explanation.

Muddying the Waters by NostalgiaKick

Jeremy Bentham

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Yup!

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
They made their way to their target, and Clark scouted the tall, concrete structure with his x-ray vision. "Get ready," he warned. When the coast was clear, he caught his son by the waist and bolted up to the roof. "Hurry!" He opened the bag, setting it down in front of the device mounted there. They worked in tandem, faster than the human eye could see; the boy remembered everything he had been taught. Clark felt more proud of him than words could express.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
They made their way to their target, and Clark scouted the tall, concrete structure with his x-ray vision. "Get ready," he warned. When the coast was clear, he caught his son by the waist and bolted up to the roof. "Hurry!" He opened the bag, setting it down in front of the device mounted there. They worked in tandem, faster than the human eye could see; the boy remembered everything he had been taught. Clark felt more proud of him than words could express.
Innocents by Queen of the Capes

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
Innocents by Queen of the Capes

Yay! That is correct!

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“Well...” Lois leaned back on the arm of the sofa. “Even though I don't love him, we're still very close. He's always been good to me and, like I said, he's safe...”

“Safe,” Clark echoed, bitterly. “Of course.”

She gave him a look that he couldn't quite read. “Superman,” she said, her voice lowering a little bit, “can you keep a secret?”

He fought to keep his expression blank. “I think I can manage it,” he said at last.

“This friend of mine,” she continued, lowering her voice even further so that a normal man would have had to strain to hear, “he kind of...needs...to get married.”

Clark frowned. Did Lois honestly think he was incapable of living alone? Granted, some of the ladies in Research had told him that no woman would have allowed him out of the house with some of the ties he wore, but that was hardly grounds for saying he needed a wife...

“I mean,” she added, apparently seeing the confusion on his face, “he needs to be seen...with...a woman.”

After a few moments, her meaning clicked. Did she think he was—?! Wait a minute... She couldn't possibly! So that must mean she was talking about...wait a minute... His jaw dropped. “Do you mean—?!” he began, but she clapped a hand over his mouth.

“Shh!” she scolded. “Remember, Superman, this is in the strictest confidence.”

He nodded. “Of course,” he said once she removed her hand. “But...Lois, why didn't you tell Clark any of this?”

She folded her arms and gave a snort. “Even if it was my secret to tell, Clark's been acting like a big baby about Bruce ever since he saw us dancing together at Luthor's White Orchid Ball. I get that he's jealous, but he had the gall to insinuate that I don't know my own friend as well as I think I do, just because he thinks the man acts a little suspicious.”

Clark winced. “Well, um, from what I gather, he does act a little suspicious,” he replied. “It probably wouldn't hurt to be careful around him, just in case...”

Lois looked up at him with a hurt expression. “Et tu, Superman?”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Top Banana
Top Banana
“Well...” Lois leaned back on the arm of the sofa. “Even though I don't love him, we're still very close. He's always been good to me and, like I said, he's safe...”

She gave him a look that he couldn't quite read. “Superman,” she said, her voice lowering a little bit, “can you keep a secret?”

He fought to keep his expression blank. “I think I can manage it,” he said at last.

“This friend of mine,” she continued, lowering her voice even further so that a normal man would have had to strain to hear, “he kind of...needs...to get married.”

Clark frowned. Did Lois honestly think he was incapable of living alone? Granted, some of the ladies in Research had told him that no woman would have allowed him out of the house with some of the ties he wore, but that was hardly grounds for saying he needed a wife...

“I mean,” she added, apparently seeing the confusion on his face, “he needs to be seen...with...a woman.”

After a few moments, her meaning clicked. Did she think he was—?! Wait a minute... She couldn't possibly! So that must mean she was talking about...wait a minute... His jaw dropped. “Do you mean—?!” he began, but she clapped a hand over his mouth.

He nodded. “Of course,” he said once she removed her hand. “But...Lois, why didn't you tell Clark any of this?”

She folded her arms and gave a snort. “Even if it was my secret to tell, Clark's been acting like a big baby about Bruce ever since he saw us dancing together at Luthor's White Orchid Ball. I get that he's jealous, but he had the gall to insinuate that I don't know my own friend as well as I think I do, just because he thinks the man acts a little suspicious.”

Clark winced. “Well, um, from what I gather, he does act a little suspicious,” he replied. “It probably wouldn't hurt to be careful around him, just in case...”

Another Queenie story: Only a Friend

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Mike M

Another Queenie story: Only a Friend

That's right, Mike! smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“It seemed like fun at the time. But now…”

Wells rolled his eyes in exasperation. “What is now?” he almost spat.

“Herb, they cancelled the show…”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“I need your help saving Utopia,” Tempus repeated through gritted teeth. “I know, you and I haven’t always been on the best of terms, but…”

“That is some understatement!” Wells interrupted Tempus angrily, completely losing his British composure. “Have you any idea what you did to Lois and Clark? Do I really have to remind you of the unspeakable crimes that you committed in this room? Resurrecting a dead Lex Luthor…” he pointed towards his thumb, starting his enumeration, “… cloning Lois and having her loose her memory… New Kryptonians… Myrtle Beach…” He balled his hands into fists. “All the crazy stuff I had to type up, because you absolutely had to tamper with the scripts.”

Tempus seemed to shrink more with every accusation Wells threw at him. “I’m sorry, Herb,” he replied sheepishly. “It seemed like fun at the time. But now…”

Wells rolled his eyes in exasperation. “What is now?” he almost spat.

“Herb, they cancelled the show…”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard