Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
A response to my own challenge: Stuck in Time
Not happy with the title - suggestions welcome.

NEW TITLE!

Last edited by Dandello; 04/05/17 04:01 PM.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Top Banana
Top Banana
You can't end it there!!!

This chapter was an incredible setup for a much longer story, at least a couple more chapters.

I mean what do they tell Perry? How much do they tell Perry? How do they deal with their parents? I could see how they would deal with Martha and Jonathan as they obviously are open to more unusual stories and occurrences but Sam and Ellen? Heck how does Jimmy work in?

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I agree with Mike. This is a great short, but it raises a lot of questions about how they move forward. Do they tell Lois' family? I think they might tell Jimmy, too.

It's not clear that Perry knows that Clark is (or was) Superman, but I think he will quickly put it together if he hasn't yet.

As much as I'd love a continuation of this, it also works on its own as a thought-provoking vignette. smile

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I wanted to leave their time in the past nebulous (at least for this). But if someone else wants to do the historical research and fill it in, please do so. I can see a scene where Clark wants to save MLK and Lois holds him back to preserve history and they are both crying before the event happens.

I can also see The Tideman Foundation (From The Final Countdown) contacting L&C sometime after 1980.

And if you guys have never seen The Final Countdown - DO IT. It's probably the best thought out time travel story ever done. Seriously. And the sound track isn't bad either. (Enterprise has a theme song and so does Nimitz. clap )

Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I LOVED the movie Final Countdown! What an excellent, thought-provoking example of a time travel fic. There are so many fantastic ways to continue this particular story. Especially the Time Storm!

Hey, if you do continue it, try to fit Charlie the dog into the story, he was so neat in the movie. Hmmm the Tideman Foundation, that makes sense, what a cool way to start Utopia.

H.G. Wells couldn't save them? That is seriously odd.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
The thought banging around my head was that Wells and the Time Keepers basically ignored any requests from L&C because Utopia wasn't in any danger and was actually a better place with Superman (and family, eventually) acting in secret for 55 years.

Of course, L&C don't know this... devil

Last edited by Dandello; 03/31/17 11:36 AM.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wait a minute, are we talking about Dr. Who's Time Keepers?

Another thought, what right do they have to play with their lives?

Food for thought.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Did Andrus's organization have a name? (Too lazy to look it up today.) That's who I was thinking of.

From what we saw on L&C it looked like Wells and Andrus only acted to stop whatever Tempus was up to. Of course, if Wells hadn't given Tempus the means and the idea to mess with time in the first place...

BTW - I still hate the name but can't come up with anything. wallbash

Last edited by Dandello; 03/31/17 05:12 PM.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I have another suggestion: Time Quake or "Get Back to Your Vehicle as Fast as You Can!"
Yes, I've been watching "Legends of Tomorrow" and it is all about shifting through time and history.
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
aha! "Aftershock", "Long Way Home"

Got it! party

Last edited by Dandello; 04/05/17 11:17 AM.

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Oh please, expand this snipet. (Begging from the passenger seat of Well's time machine). whinging Such possibilities. You are so skilled at taking us places seem only in your furtile imagination! Who agrees with me? Raise your voices! We want more! thumbsup

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I'm in the process of expanding what Perry found when he looked into the Clarkes. dance

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yessss!

I like the new title much better!

Morgana

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
The new title also reflects the name of their company: 'Crosstime Industries'. dance

Top Banana
Top Banana
I really like the expansion. Little did you know (think) when you started this one...

I really wish I could write because this could be an extremely interesting story as I believe you are discovering.

Thanks

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was amazing! I would love to read more about what it was like for Lois and Clark finding themselves stranded in the past. smile Can we have some more? laugh

~•~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I had better finish my other projects before starting a new series. peep

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I just read this on the archive and it really sparked my interest. There is so much scope here for a longer story. I hope you decide to expand on it someday!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Dandello!

The note that day had read 'Perry, we're fine but we can't come home – Lois.'
Intrigue. Looking forward to seeing if they went forward or backwards in time. Also, shouldn’t he recognize Lois’s handwriting? Hmm…or do they know they can’t come home for another couple of years and had the first note delivered in the (nearer) future, akin to Back To The Future 2?

Superman had disappeared for several days after the Kents' vanishing. When he returned, it wasn't the same man.
Oh, so they are in the past and Superman’s now older? Or is it actually Baby Jordan?

Within days of the appearance of the new Superman, Jerome and Lois Clarke of Crosstime Industries announced they were moving their company headquarters from Los Angeles to Metropolis.
rotflol

Then, when LexCorp disintegrated, the Clarkes were poised to pick up the pieces on the West Coast. It was as if they'd had prior knowledge of Luthor's fall and had just been waiting for it.
I can’t, for the life of me, figure out how they could *possibly* have known.

It was known that Lois Clarke was a close friend to Laurel Tideman of Tideman Industries – they supported many of the same issues, were on many of the same boards.
rotflol

Lois called out to her son who appeared to be staring through the wall. "Jon, remind Jordy we still need to get a handle on the sound pressure waves. That's just annoying."
Teaching him to go supersonic without the boom?

So, why wait for 6 months? And they didn’t reach H G Wells before his death in 1946? I’m guessing letting some of the bigger death tolls happen over the past 50 years probably was a bit of an issue for Clark, huh?

LOIS: Yeah, you wouldn’t believe how fussy a baby he could be.

Their working behind the scenes must be really challenging. After all, they can only change things that don’t mess up the future. One wrong life saved could have dire consequences indeed.

And did Lois have a pseudonym for writing investigative journalism pieces submitted to various big news papers, possibly even the Daily Planet?

CLAKR: Yeah, you wouldn’t believe how fussy a baby she could be.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard