Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Metallo (Johnny Corbin) is powered by red Kryptonite instead of green K.

Go!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Hmmm. Anger might be a bigger problem than usual. I'm sure there's other things people could come up with.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
What if Clark, affected by the red K, did some things that were truly unforgivable to Lois, Perry and Jimmy?

Features Writer
Features Writer
Can see lots of possibilities here. The seemingly endless possibilities of how red kryptonite would affect Clark is a start.

Then, how would red vs green affect the way their confrontation would go? How much of Corbin's superior strength was due to the green kryptonite weakening Clark? How would his exposure to red affected that encounter and the rest of the episode?

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Can see lots of possibilities here. The seemingly endless possibilities of how red kryptonite would affect Clark is a start.

Then, how would red vs green affect the way their confrontation would go? How much of Corbin's superior strength was due to the green kryptonite weakening Clark? How would his exposure to red affected that encounter and the rest of the episode?
This is exactly what I was thinking!

Originally Posted by Suggs_With_A_Box
What if Clark, affected by the red K, did some things that were truly unforgivable to Lois, Perry and Jimmy?
That sounds scary! I hate it when a good Superman goes bad. frown I can't see a happy ending to such a story.

Originally Posted by Christina
Hmmm. Anger might be a bigger problem than usual. I'm sure there's other things people could come up with.
Why anger? When he first was faced with red K, it made him apathetic, amplifying his emotions at the time. Did facing Metallo make Clark mad? How else was Clark feeling during this part of S2? The second time, Clark faced red K, it messed with his ability to control his powers. So, canon has red K making it difficult for Clark to control himself, first emotionally and then physically.

Apparently, in comic canon, red K affects Clark differently every time he's exposed to it. (In Smallville, red K messed with Clark's morals, turning him into a bad guy.) How else could red K mess with Clark and how would that change his battle with Metallo and Clark's (or Superman's) relationship with Lois?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I was thinking about Clark hanging out with his new best buddy Johnny Corbin, ala Addicted by Yvonne Connell.

Shallowford
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by Christina
Why anger? When he first was faced with red K, it made him apathetic, amplifying his emotions at the time. Did facing Metallo make Clark mad? How else was Clark feeling during this part of S2? The second time, Clark faced red K, it messed with his ability to control his powers. So, canon has red K making it difficult for Clark to control himself, first emotionally and then physically.

Apparently, in comic canon, red K affects Clark differently every time he's exposed to it. (In Smallville, red K messed with Clark's morals, turning him into a bad guy.) How else could red K mess with Clark and how would that change his battle with Metallo and Clark's (or Superman's) relationship with Lois?[/quote]

I distinctly remember that during the counseling session with Dr. Friskin, Superman/Clark definitely released some anger. Why that was, though, I don't remember. I agree that apathy was the first reaction and flirting with others but my guess on why was because Lois was "semi-involved" with Dan. The red-k in the series worked differently based on the piece of it. So it would depend on the type. The one that affected Clark/Superman in "Individual responsibility" was the same piece used in the laser in "UltraWoman". I thought the one used in Lethal Weapon was a different type entirely.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
FWIW, in comics canon, not only did each piece of red-K affect Clark differently than any other piece, each piece was only effective on him (or on any given Kryptonian) a single time. The changes typically lasted a day or so, and could be mental, emotional, or physical. Red K often did things like giving him a lion's head or making his hair grow super-fast.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
I could also see Clark being just as attracted to Lois as always, but with fewer inhibitions.

*Clark spins into Superman suit in front of Lois*
Lois: You're ... you're ...
Clark: Yes, I'm Superman, and I know of a nice island in the South Pacific that's *clothing optional*.
Lois: *drools*

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Kerth
Kerth
Yes, I also thought of red k as lowering inhibitions, and my mind naturally has taken a naughty route. wink No promises, but I may work on this. devil

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Thanks to this thread, I'm thinking of writing something very dark. Basically, Clark's morality goes completely out of the window because of red Kryptonite. More to it than that, but I don't wanna give everything away just yet....

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 06/21/16 01:12 PM.
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
OK, I tried writing it and got bored. Sorry, not gonna happen.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Suggs_With_A_Box
OK, I tried writing it and got bored. Sorry, not gonna happen.
Writing dark stories is very exhausting, and tough on the soul, and mine aren't as dark as others. That's why I always try to end my stories with some sort of happy ending.

EDIT: I'd say, better luck next time, but I don't know if I want to encourage people in writing very dark stories. wink

Last edited by VirginiaR; 06/23/16 02:02 AM. Reason: added more

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Online Content
Kerth
I could picture a dramatic romance when after a run in with Metallo Clark is scared of his own shadow and needs Lois support to find his way back to his old self.

A humorous version could have him completely smashed. The scene in the Daily Planet the morning after with a seriously hung over Clark - oh the potential wink

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L

Superboy had a red K dangerous thing, and metallo was hired to help stop him, but he ended up partying with (and scaring the hell out of Lana)

Acting here is hilarious.

Last edited by L; 03/25/17 10:57 PM.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ouch. Those Superboy snipets were painful to watch.

VirginiaR.
---
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Bad writing and bad acting!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard