Next Thread
Print Thread
#274449 03/24/17 01:03 PM
M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
When Clark started to wake up, I assumed that this chapter would end on a higher note than the last one. Boy, was I wrong. I think that Clark is just doing some meditation thing to slow his heart and hasn't woken back up yet, but Lois is right to worry about him being kicked by Lex.

You've done a good crazy-Lex here. He really went off the rails during the whole clone arc. I think Dr. Kelley did an incomplete job of putting his mind back together with his body. I'm not surprised that he killed Deter here; Max was, after all, manipulating Lois to fall for him. That's Lex's job. goofy wink

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Unbelievable, you say that this wimp and Superman are one and the same?” Deter uttered. “Sure, they kind of look alike but… strange, one would never think two men as different as those two could be the same guy. But it doesn’t matter anymore, Superman is dead and if what you say is true, so is Kent… As for my payment…” Deter began.

Max Deter was more of a jerk than Dan Scardino ever was! He was selfish, arrogant and dumb. Imagine taking advantage of Lois' amnesia like that! Especially knowing she has a family and fiance who love her. In these short sentences he shows his true colors. It is a good thing Lois found out about him before they flew off to Italy, otherwise she might have harmed him much worse than a mere punch in the nose. shock

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
When Clark started to wake up, I assumed that this chapter would end on a higher note than the last one. Boy, was I wrong. I think that Clark is just doing some meditation thing to slow his heart and hasn't woken back up yet, but Lois is right to worry about him being kicked by Lex.

You've done a good crazy-Lex here. He really went off the rails during the whole clone arc. I think Dr. Kelley did an incomplete job of putting his mind back together with his body. I'm not surprised that he killed Deter here; Max was, after all, manipulating Lois to fall for him. That's Lex's job. goofy wink

I'm a bit sorry about the sad ending. I tried to add something a bit lighter at the end but I couln't make it work. It just didn't fit in. But I promise the last part isn't whammy.

About Lex, yes I think after what he's been through he's gone off the deep end. For me Lex has always some kind of insanity in him and Max was just a underling for him, he is expendable. whistle

Having Max next to 'his' Lois, well it is understandable that he'd kill everyone who might come in his way. I think the first season Lex wouldn't have done the dirty work himself. If I remember correctly he said at the end of an episode that he didn't like 'killing'... or was it 'shooting' anyone, because it meant having no better idea to dispose of someone... This Lex has changed. He is still intelligent but in my mind I could see him standing there and shouting out his hatred to Clark's body.

Originally Posted by Morgana
Max Deter was more of a jerk than Dan Scardino ever was! He was selfish, arrogant and dumb. Imagine taking advantage of Lois' amnesia like that! Especially knowing she has a family and fiance who love her. In these short sentences he shows his true colors. It is a good thing Lois found out about him before they flew off to Italy, otherwise she might have harmed him much worse than a mere punch in the nose. shock

Max is a selfish idiot... I really don't know how he could think that Lois would come with him to the south of France. Even if he kept her under hypnosis she would still be Lois in a way. Apart from her good looks there would be nothing between them. But perhaps he just wanted some eyecandy... It seems to me it would be an awful lot of work just for that.

Even I would have done more to him that just punch him.

I think I'll have the last part out in the next days, but I can't promise because work will keep me busy the next 7 days.

Kathryn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard