Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Story

I'll probably be adding to the series as time goes on.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Is this the second or something part of a series? I seem to be missing backstory here. Maybe you could put a note at the top if there's a previous story that relates. Though it seems like everything that's absolutely necessary to understand this story is sufficiently explained.

I always enjoy when writers point out that trying to explode the asteroid isn't helpful. I like that here Superman knows something about diverting projectiles. I also like how creeped out Lois was by Luthor's bunker copy of her apartment. It always puzzled me that she acted like it was totally normal and then forgot about it.

I've only seen an episode or two of Eureka, so I'm only vaguely familiar with it, but the story seems fairly comprehensible without being familiar with that show.

Altogether, this is a nice take on ASU. smile

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
This is a sequel to A Town Called Smallville

Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Awesome! I guess I missed that one. I'll give it a read.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Kerth
Kerth
Lovely - I can see them having great fun with a lot of the mad scientist problems Clark faced in the series.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
And Lex either as part of the Consortium or (more likely) trying to gain entry into it once he hears about it. shock

Both Cole and Mensa would be candidates for ex-Eureka people - their mental instability would have endangered the community. (Making things go boom is one thing, knowingly endangering the community is something else.)

Hamilton may have thought that working alone was better than working under the eye of the DOD - but Martha might know of him and his work.

Miranda could go either way, someone whose research was cancelled because it didn't pan out or she was just impossible to work with or was caught stealing other people's work or she was someone who was never invited to move because they thought she was a one-trick pony.

Last edited by Dandello; 03/23/17 06:54 PM.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
You are succeeding in doing something that many writers of crossovers don't -- making the story understandable and enjoyable to someone who is only familiar with one of the shows. Other than knowing that Eureka is a science fiction show about a town where strange things happen, I know nothing of Eureka. I don't even have a clue as to what the strange things are, beyond that they are apparently related to aliens somehow. The only thing I didn't understand in your story was what "GD" stands for. I'm guessing it's something like "Government Defense," but I don't know. Fortunately, it wasn't necessary to understand its exact nature to comprehend the story's plot.

I hope this is proves to be the second in a long series of stories. Thanks for sharing.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
GD is Global Dynamics - in Eureka, it's a big tech corporation/military contractor that is tasked with managing a highly classified town of scientists that have a habit of making things go 'boom'. (Think Manhattan Project with much much nicer digs and where the scientists are allowed to work on off-the-wall ideas so long as they (eventually) pay off.)
party

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Dandello,

Thanks for the explanation.

- Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Dandello!

Here we go again smile1
"We've still got the clean-up at the LexCorp nuclear plant and following up on Doctor Miller's pheromone perfume attack."
Awww darn it! Lois knows and there is no details on the whole PML incident.

LOIS: mad I made *one*
CLARK: one thousand
LOIS: As I was saying, *maybe* one slightly inappropriate attempt at seducing my partner and I’m getting carried to an isolation chamber in Smallville…

"Life is long, Clark. And you are what you eat," she said. She stopped, then: "Most of us, anyway. Did your parents feed you sugar like that when you were little?"

"Not hardly," Clark admitted. "So I'm making up for lost opportunities."
Can you imagine a hyperactive Kryptonian on a sugar rush?

"I don't know, but I bet I know who does… and you're going to call him and get us an interview."
But will Roland Emmerich take their call and answer questions about his new SciFi blockbuster he has in the works?

"I have a question," Lois said. "What did you people do to me that I can't communicate to anybody but Clark about what happened in Smallville?
Oooh, mental inhibitor, implanted deep in her nerocortex?

"A strong post-hypnotic suggestion," Deacon said. "You can talk about it to anyone you know for a fact knows about the Truman towns."
Oh boy, this should be interesting, when Illusions of Grandeur comes along.

"Various groups have been working on the problem of dealing with extinction level bodies that pose a threat to this planet. We think one of them tested a 'solution' about a year ago. T
*Somebody* needs to get their funding revoked.

If we can figure out how he does it, it would revolutionize air and space travel. Can you imagine, launching satellites without using rocket engines? Without explosive fuel? We could colonize the Moon, mine the asteroid belt…"
I just had an idea! What if they find more Krytponians and plug them into the drive chambers of reusable space ships? Maybe do a little hypnosis first to make them more docile…

What you have not been made aware of is that the object has a companion in its orbit, and that companion, which has been named 'Shiva', is expected to collide with the Earth in approximately 103 hours,
I like the more scientifically accurate version of this smile1

"'Boom' is not an option here, Bob," Deacon said. "You don't stop a runaway semi with artillery."
Actually, all you have to do is blow a crater into the road in front of the semi. Works the same with a runaway freight train, too.

"Henry, runaway semis don't usually have the capacity for destroying the planet," Zeitlin responded.
Depends on the number of fission devices stored in the cargo area.

The suit is lined with a new projectile resistant fabric and is also radiation resistant."
So, nobody will be able to use a sniper rifle on him, but what about the lack of solar radiation? Is that…healthly?

Behind the text there was an artist's rendering of Superman approaching the asteroid.
Probably looks like Superman’s about to kick a fieldgoal with a football-sized asteroid.

Madison touched his earpiece, listening to something. Then: "I'm being told we have a transmission from Superman. Let's take that 'live' feed, direct from mission control."
SUPERMAN: Hofzzzz the thing is f-beeeeeeep big.
ANCHOR: I’m sorry, it sounds like we have some difficulty receiving Superman’s signal.

He remembered his computer password
‘Lois Lane-Kent’, I gather. So, basically, anything Lois-related he remembers and that’s it.

"I know you mean it, Clark. Which is why, if I don't return from Lex Tower in two hours, you need to let Henderson know that I'm either dead or kidnapped."
laugh Also, isn’t that the standard operating procedure anyway when it comes to Lois Lane?

"Think about it. I'll await your decision," he said. "But I'm sure this is much nicer than what you'd find in one of the Truman towns, assuming they'd even let a mere reporter into their sacred inner sanctums."
shock

"Mister Luthor," Lois said formally. "People know I came to see you. They are expecting me back very shortly. If I do not return, rest assured, end of the world or not, they will be looking for me and they will find this place. I want to leave, now."
So, that means there won’t be a wedding in their future?

"Scary," Lois admitted. "He has a bunker beneath the building that he says can house two hundred people for three years. He had an exact duplicate of my apartment down there, including books I'd just bought."

"Why would he do that?" Martha asked.
Because he is a narcissistic control freak with a sociopathic personality disorder and strong stalker tendencies in addition to a god complex?

The story documented how Perry and Jimmy found the crater in Suicide Slum – the crater that hadn't been large enough to have been created by a mass the size of Superman moving at the speed a meteorite would have had. The crater where pieces of Superman's uniform had been found.
[Linked Image] Chippendale Superman!

"And in the nick of time. A few more minutes and I don’t think even Superman could have been able to move that rock out of the way."
Maybe he could have landed it in the Sahara? I’m sure there’s some nice mineral deposits in there that could have given those countries an economic boost.

Very inspired adaption! I’m guessing the third one will deal with Luthor’s surveillance equipment?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard