Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
I just re-read Chip Off the Old Clark by Stopquitdont, and it gave me an idea for a story premise. Seeing as I'm better at coming up with premises than turning them into fully-formed stories, I thought I'd throw it out there as a challenge.

Leigh-Anne Stipanovic is actually Clark's old college girlfriend who, unbeknownst to him, he knocked up shortly before they broke up and went their separate ways. Now her son Jesse (who is necessarily a bit older than in the show) is starting to develop super powers, and Leigh-Anne is overwhelmed and needs super-help.

* Does she know that Clark is the father? If not, why not? (She was assaulted near the end of their relationship, she had a drunk one-night-stand after they broke up, she slept around during their relationship or right after, he used a super-amnesia kiss... oh wait; wrong Superman genre wink )

* Does she go on TV and claim that she had Superman's love child?

* If not, how does she go about contacting Clark?

* If she doesn't know that Clark's the dad, how does she go about contacting Superman? Is it publicly or privately?

* What's the fallout from Leigh-Anne finding out that Clark is Superman? (her reaction, her willingness to keep the secret, her feelings about unknowingly being impregnated by an alien and figuring out that her son is half-human)

* Who else knows that Jesse has super powers? (Family? Friends? Has he accidentally used his powers in public?)

* What is Lois' reaction when Clark admits that it's possible that Jesse is his?

* What is Clark's reaction to being a father? To not being told about Jesse sooner?

* How does this all affect Lois and Clark's relationship?

* How does everyone adjust to a new "normal"?

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
And if Leigh-Anne does call out Superman on TV like in the show, how will L&C salvage Superman's reputation given that she actually did have his "love child"?

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Or what if one of the samples that Superman had given Dr. Klein had been stolen and then used? On the one hand, that would avoid Clark having sex outside of marriage (and maintain his very patient status), but on the other hand, it would open up another can of worms for Lois and Clark (and Dr. Stein, as well).

Joy,
Lynn

M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Or what if one of the samples that Superman had given Dr. Klein had been stolen and then used?
shock Yikes!

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
On the one hand, that would avoid Clark having sex outside of marriage (and maintain his very patient status)
In general, I prefer Clark not to have fooled around before he's with Lois (nor without full disclosure). I hadn't considered stolen DNA as a way to get a Superbaby while maintaining Clark's "patience".

M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
It occurs to me that, had Vatman had a twin brother that aged normally, he would be about 2 by the time Lois and Clark are planning their wedding. What if a Superbaby clone was found in the aftermath of Luthor's downfall and, thinking he was a regular baby, the state let someone adopt him?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What if Vatman had been the one to get Leigh-Ann pregnant? She really would have thought it was Superman and since Vatman is a clone, his DNA would be exactly the same as Clark's.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
What if Vatman had been the one to get Leigh-Ann pregnant? She really would have thought it was Superman and since Vatman is a clone, his DNA would be exactly the same as Clark's.

It could definitely be Vatman's child. Ladies like Barry, and he liked having a good time. wink But Wanda is going to be pissed!!!!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Barry! clap notworthy clap notworthy clap

Love-that-guy,
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Originally Posted by groobie

It could definitely be Vatman's child. Ladies like Barry, and he liked having a good time. wink But Wanda is going to be pissed!!!!

"He moaned softly and accepted her embrace, because kissing was fun. " (For those who have no idea where this thread took a left turn...TOVOM.)

Shallowford
M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
Woah, that's going to cause some serious problems!

Superman: I can't possibly be your baby-daddy. I've never met you before in my life.

Leigh-Anne: But I have this picture that proves that we've met.

Superman: I don't remember that.

Leigh-Anne: And the paternity test shows that you're the father.

Superman: Well, there was this clone a few years back... that I have no idea where it came from... and Jesse's the right age for it... he's got to be the father.

Leigh-Anne: Ok, let me talk to this "clone".

Superman: Well, I kind of threw him into the sun.

Leigh-Anne: You killed him?

Superman: Well, he asked me to! He was dying anyway!

Leigh-Anne: Right. You could at least bother to try to make your excuses plausible. So do you actually have any wages I can garnish for child support?

Last edited by mrsMxyzptlk; 03/24/17 01:55 PM.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
Woah, that's going to cause some serious problems!

Superman: I can't possibly be your baby-daddy. I've never met you before in my life.

Leigh-Anne: But I have this picture that proves that we've met.

Superman: I don't remember that.

Leigh-Anne: And the paternity test shows that you're the father.

Superman: Well, there was this clone a few years back... that I have no idea where it came from... and Jesse's the right age for it... he's got to be the father.

Leigh-Anne: Ok, let me talk to this "clone".

Superman: Well, I kind of threw him into the sun.

Leigh-Anne: You killed him?

Superman: Well, he asked me to! He was dying anyway!

Leigh-Anne: Right. You could at least bother to try to make your excuses plausible. So do you actually have any wages I can garnish for child support?

rotflol clap

Ooh this just got delightfully evil! devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
LOL...clones, superpowers, voodoo magic...the general public just doesn't seem to experience these sorts of things as often as Lois and Clark do. wink

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Or you could have Clark be a [insert word] who slept with lots of women over the years. Thinking he was being responsible by always using protection. However it does not work and by the time of the series he has a dozen children he knows nothing about.

Framework4
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well there is always red kryptonite. Factor in what some of the people who think crystals are magic are like an it could have been an interesting occasion that he doesn't really remember clearly, only in interesting dreams.

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Originally Posted by dcarson
Well there is always red kryptonite. Factor in what some of the people who think crystals are magic are like an it could have been an interesting occasion that he doesn't really remember clearly, only in interesting dreams.

Shayne Terry's Family Hour is based on this idea. Highly recommended.

Shallowford

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard