Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
This has been rattling around in my head for a while and it finally came together. thud

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
How fun! I wish I could've seen Eureka from the beginning but Netflix only has it starting in like the 4th season. I didn't catch the reference to the show until about half way through. The differences from canon are subtle but perfect. It only makes sense. Once I figured out what was going on, I wondered if the people of Smallville *knew* about Clark or not. My guess is that some do, some don't, mostly they figure it's not important if it doesn't lead to a great scientific discovery. Your story only makes me want to watch Eureka even more. Let's hope Netflix solves their problem with the incomplete series, so I can start watching it from the beginning. Fun read! These two plots are made for crossing over.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
The only problem I see with the story is that it ended. It seemed like at least a two parter maybe three from the plot threads you spun up in this part.

Anyway, a front runner for the 2017 Best Revelation at least because I loved the way you set that up and then cut it off with Trask!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I figure the people who were in school with Clark knew he was 'special'. A very select few know how Clark came to Smallville and exactly how 'special' he is and even they don't know the whole story. A couple of them have made the connection between Clark and Superman. But - no great scientific discovery, no particular interest in pursuing it, and no telling GD or the geeks at Area 51. Besides, they know how to keep secrets from outsiders, assuming they notice there are outsiders around.

I wanted to get this one out but I may come back with a sequel later as I did end it a little abruptly.

I'm sure Henry has more to say about how he became involved in Clark's arrival. (In fact I know Henry has more to say, I just don't have a plot to hang it on yet without putting eps out of sequence.)

Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
OMG a Eureka crossover!!!!! EEEEEEE!!!!!!! I ADORED that show! It's definitely rife for crossover. But as everyone else has said. Great start, but I want so much more!

"No, that's what I say since I'm the one who was contacted by the Kryptonians and I'm the one who tracked his life pod to Earth," Deacon stated loudly.
This definitely did call for more followup. What? He was contacted by the Kryptonians? Who? The New Kryptonians, Someone from the Council of Elders or Jor-El himself?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
You know - if Eureka exists, then Artie and James from the Warehouse are around, too. shock

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Eek! Please tell me there is more to come! whinging

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Working on a sequel dance

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Invading Smalliville will be a much less fun experience for Nor in this universe.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Invading Smalliville will be a much less fun experience for Nor in this universe.

Ha! With Sheriff Carter and company, the NK Palace Ship won't even get to land! shock

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Nice idea - but if you have the town, you presumably have Eureka's Big Bads, the evil mind control and virtual reality people. I wonder how they'd react to Clark.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Luckily all those are in the future by some years. dance

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
This was a fun story. It's not quite clear, though, whether the Smallville people know that CK=S. They know he's different, and they think he's an experiment, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they know he's Superman nor that they know everything he can do. It's a bit odd seeing Clark being comfortable with other people knowing that he's different.

I'm surprised that Clark is so nonchalant about Lois going to Smallville and finding out that he's an "experiment". I would expect him to be more close-mouthed about it, even though the whole town knows.

I really enjoyed this take on Smallville and it's people. smile

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
At first Clark wasn't thrilled to have Lois in Smallville. But he knew that once she realized what Smallville was, he was just going to have to live with the consequences. This Clark wouldn't be as worried about being found out because Jonathan and Martha are well protected and when he was growing up they had the perfect excuse for his differences.

For most of Smallville, their reaction to CK=S would be on the order of "He's an alien? That explains those test results... I didn't think Martha had managed to manufacture a genome like that. Hey Clark, can I have a cell sample?"

This Clark isn't going to be worried about being 'disected like a frog'. He's going to worry about running out of samples.

Last edited by Dandello; 03/24/17 01:04 PM.

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally Posted by Dandello
For most of Smallville, their reaction to CK=S would be on the order of "He's an alien? That explains those test results... I didn't think Martha had managed to manufacture a genome like that. Hey Clark, can I have a cell sample?"

Yeah, that makes sense. Clark wouldn't have the same fears and paranoia as in cannon if the environment he grew up in was different like this.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Dandello!

It’s so cool that you picked up the challenge! I’m really sorry FDK took so long dizzy

"Perry, somebody is pulling your leg," Clark said. "There's no way the Feds are digging up anything around Smallville, Kansas."
TRASK: What do you ‘Higher Authority says no’?

'Entering Smallville military reservation. Est. 1948. Visitors must report to the Sheriff's office.' There was a DoD logo on the sign.
Works great with the premise, still jarring to consider that the close knit community is basically just one generation of grownups plus their recently-adult kids.

"Um, want to explain that?" Lois asked, pointing to the sign.

"How do you think I knew that Perry's source was wrong?"
laugh

"The geology classes used to have field trips out around here to find pieces. I expect they still do. First I've heard about any of it being radioactive."
TEACHER: So, class, now what’s the first thing we do?
CHOROUS OF SEVEN-YEAR-OLDs: Put on our hazmat suits!

Rachel looked Lois up and down. "So, when did you two...?"
CLARK: We’re on our honeymoon.

"No, I was just thinking I better check the paper if you're expecting something," Martha said, "unless you want to use the fax emulator in my office. It's faster."
laugh

"Clark, are you okay?" Lois had taken notice of the fact that Clark's hands were trembling and he actually looked pale.

"This is the first time that I can remember actually being sick," Clark admitted. "Weirded Mom out pretty badly."
/scratches head/ Did he already get exposed?

How's the writing coming? I love to read a good romance novel."

Lois glared at Clark.

"I must have accidentally mentioned it to my mother. She may have…"
rotflol

Maisie hurried over to their table with a small spray bottle. "Here, let me see that," she ordered, taking his hand and inspecting his finger. She wiped off the blood with a towelette and sprayed the wound. "Does your Mom know about this?"

"I started feeling under the weather last night," Clark told her. "She ran some tests, thinks I should be fine in a day or so."

"Make sure to tell her about this," Maisie ordered. "She may want to run more tests."
So, the town knows, huh?

"So which are you, alien or super-soldier?" Lois asked as they walked through the carnival area.
Oh boy. She *really* doesn’t put two and two together, does she?

"Well, it makes absolutely no sense to design a super-soldier with free will and that grows at the same rate as a normal human and requires the same outlay of resources to bring to maturity with no guarantee of good results. It's a lot cheaper to just recruit, maybe enhance, regular humans," Clark said.
Clark!

"So, if you're not a super-soldier, then you must be an alien," Lois reasoned as they headed back to the barbeque area where Jonathan and Martha were. She stopped as though something finally clicked. "Superman…"
Oh boy.

"I want Superman!" a man started yelling.

Trask. He had a semi-automatic machine gun and was firing it, seemingly at random.
Someone’s got a death wish!

"We finally have a story, but I'm betting it's classified like everything else around here," Lois said forlornly.

"I'm sure we can come up with something for you," Martha promised.
Cute take! Looking forward to the two sequels clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard