Next Thread
Print Thread
#271411 08/23/16 09:10 AM
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Sorry this update is late!

So, here we are at the White Orchid Ball. Clark looks sharp in his new tux, but does Lois really care?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmm. I think she very much appreciated her handsome partner when she first saw him in his tux, but definitely, the events of the night overshadowed any of her attraction. And speaking of attraction, Clark was definitely blown away by Lois when he first saw her, too wink.

A lot of really interesting scenes played out at the Ball clap. I liked the feel of all of the characters coming together. Some there for good, some there for bad. And once again, you did a wonderful job of describing each scene and filling each paragraph with really great detail.

I'm not surprised that Clark walked away landing an interview. His personality and mannerisms are so likeable and approachable (not to mention the great looks--and in a tux! grin). Arianna enjoyed her conversation with Clark, they found something they had in common, and she saw him as a person, not a pesky reporter.

Curious to see how Clark's success tonight plays into Lois and Clark's partnership/friendship. And wondering if there will be any Lana backlash for Clark not taking Lana with him to such a social event (help = Clark).

All caught up--but no more marathon reading to be able to indulge in mecry
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
LMA

Hey there! Thanks for the comment! dance

I'm not surprised that Clark walked away landing an interview. His personality and mannerisms are so likeable and approachable (not to mention the great looks--and in a tux! grin). Arianna enjoyed her conversation with Clark, they found something they had in common, and she saw him as a person, not a pesky reporter.

To Arianna, dealing with Clark was a breath of fresh air after dealing with Lois' streamroller attempt to get an interview. They did have an acquaintance in common, so it was a simple matter to move into a request for an interview.

Lois is miffed, thinking about Claude's betrayal, but she has to come to realize he is not her enemy ...

For here on out Clark and Lois' lives are going to start changing in a big way.

Last edited by Morgana; 08/27/16 09:20 AM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Oooh, the Kleins! You've brought in another set of characters into this amazingly rich story. I'm very impressed with your creativity and the huge vision it took to fill this world. I like how you've found this opportunity to put so many of the players all into the same location to see how they react to each other...lots of layered tension in that room! Truly, a fascinating story!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Groobie

Oooh, the Kleins! You've brought in another set of characters into this amazingly rich story. I'm very impressed with your creativity and the huge vision it took to fill this world. I like how you've found this opportunity to put so many of the players all into the same location to see how they react to each other...lots of layered tension in that room! Truly, a fascinating story!

Thank you! Bernard and Aykira appearance in this story is a cameo only. Anyone who has read my story, Strange in Our Midst from a few years back know just why Lex is so strongly attracted to the new Mrs. Klein. smile1

The White Orchid Ball is the perfect place for all the players (except Jasper Templar) to be in a room. We are beginning to understand their agendas and what they are planning for the future. Right now Lois and Clark are not on the best of terms but everyone rest assured that shall change ... eventually.

Morgana

Top Banana
Top Banana
So, Clark got the interview Lois wanted, and then Daae belittled her. An angry Lois is a dangerous Lois (and Daae doesn't have have any powers to protect him).

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
AnnieB

So, Clark got the interview Lois wanted, and then Daae belittled her. An angry Lois is a dangerous Lois (and Daae doesn't have have any powers to protect him).

This is hilarious! No indeed he does not have any way of protecting him against Lois. Poor guy, I feel sorry for him ... almost.

In time we will discover exactly why Lois is so determined to bring Mr. Daae down.

Morgana

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Preston lit up a cigar and said, “Ah Linda, all is not well in the house of Luthor. Their little tiff would make a succulent sidebar to the ‘About Town’ page!”

“I know it!” She said with a nasty gleam in her eye. “I’ll find out the particulars of that other couple and phone it into the night staff. The Daily Planet wouldn’t have anything like this to report. I don’t see Lois Lane or her buddy Catherine Grant around. The new gossip columnist, Peggy Becker, is worthless.”

Peggy Barker? Peggy...Why does that name sound familiar?

Yeah, I don't like Linda. Can we push her into oncoming traffic and call it a happy accident? help peep

Clark watched Lois enter the ballroom in a stunning burgundy gown; her hair swept up and held in place with a single pearl studded comb, adorning her ears were a pair of pearl earrings with a matching strand around her long sensuous neck.

Absorbing the magnificent sight of his lovely partner nearly thrust all thought of Lana out of his head. He thought, <She is absolutely dazzling this evening!> At that moment something almost primal stirred within him, nibbling frantically at his very essence. He wanted to say something to her, possibly changing his entire existence she noticed him and approached with smooth, ballerina like steps, her mouth twitched into a smile and she spoke, while hitting him on the shoulder with her purse.

Uh-oh. Now, Clark don't do anything you'll regret...

“Good, you’re here! The tuxedo looks great, black really becomes you! See, taking my advice works! Come on, it’s time we get to work.” Standing on tiptoe and glancing over his shoulder she said, “*Where* is Jack?”

The delicate imagery shattered like a soap bubble as Clark set his mind back to the job of being a reporter. But he mused to himself. <She likes the tux? That’s a step in the right direction!>

Hehe... Down boy.

Lois moved with fluid gracefulness, yet her mind was anything but calm and peaceful. <*He* makes that tuxedo not the other way around. That is a fantastic physique he has been hiding under those boxy jackets and out-of date pants? No wonder Miss Dairy Queen sticks so close! If he were my boyfriend, I wouldn’t let him out of my sight either!>

Oh, boy... Dangerous thoughts there Lois

The expression on her face was one of genuine amusement. “A good newspaperman is to be respected, especially one who is as smart and charming as you.” She paused for a moment and then spoke again, weighing her words. “Getting both Lex and myself together for an interview might be difficult, but perhaps we can conduct them separately? If you contact my assistant, Mr. Kane, he may be able to fit you into my schedule for a few minutes.” She looked over his shoulder and smiled. “It appears your associate Miss Lane wants to join us. If you wish, bring her along on *my* interview, but not Lex’s. Enjoy the rest of the ball Mr. Kent.” She extended her hand and he bowed over it, just short of giving it a courtly kiss.

Clark certainly has a way with the ladies. Nice, the rookie Clark Kent nabbed an exclusive interview with Mrs. Luthor. The same interview Lois was trying to nab. Lois is going to be piiiiisssed.

"Go easy on Clark. He is not Claude." Her friend said without preamble.

That's good to have that reminder there. I think if Cat and Lois had been written like this we could have had a lot of fun with them in the show. hyper

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard