Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
"No wonder you're all so pissy. Where's the booze?" He snapped his fingers as best he could while in the Iron Man suit. "I know. We should all go out and get a few drinks. Maybe it'll loosen up all of you uptight heroes."

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“Sometimes I think it’s easier not to be happy.” Cat wandered towards the window, trying to detach from her own emotions. “Fake a smile, laugh a touch too loudly. Build an image that’s good enough to hide behind, and steer clear of anyone who could shatter the illusion.”

“Are we talking about you or me?” Lois asked.

Cat shrugged. “Us. Mad Dog Lane is as much of a lie as Cat Grant.” Cat tugged at the hem of her skin-tight mini-dress, the one that drew attention to her figure and away from what she didn’t want others to see. “They’re both avatars, masks we wear.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
There had been other incidents since, but each time, Clark had managed to throw the public off his tracks and keep his secret intact. But this movie...this was dangerous. Cartoon though it was, it had the power to make people think and question. Where did Superman hang his cape at night? How did Batman earn a living to afford his gadgets? What did Wonder Woman do between rescues? Did the untouchable heroes - the stuff of legends - have secret identities that they could retreat into to avoid detection? Were there times when the "supers" of the world weren't so super? Did they do mundane things like check out books from the library and make runs to the grocery store to pick up fresh milk, eggs, and bread?

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
"What?!" Lois said as she read the location.
It couldn't be right. There just wasn't any way it could be correct.
"Bangladesh?" she said, shaking her head, as though it would erase the location and make a new one appear that made more sense. "How the hell...?"

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“I have an apartment here in Metropolis,” he said. “Paid for with money earned at my job.”

She furrowed her brow. “What about all the money from people selling Superman dolls and comic books? From the deals that Murray Brown guy makes for you? Couldn’t you use that for a place to stay?”

Superman smiled and shook his head. “That all goes to charity. Superman wouldn’t dream of taking money from anyone. But the real me… I have to eat. I have to pay the electric bill. So I have a job.”

Lois found herself speechless for a moment. “The real you…?” she managed to say, though a thousand other questions suddenly leapt to mind.

“Has a name, a college degree, driver’s license, credit cards… a couple pieces from the Ikea catalog. The real me is a pretty decent chef, and fairly handy around the house. What, do you think I walk around in this outfit all the time?” he said, gesturing toward himself, his smile growing. “I’m a lot more normal than you think.”

She stared at him dumbfounded, as if she was seeing him for the first time. How could he be anything other than Superman? How could someone who could do what he could do pass as anything less than extraordinary? “But…I thought you were an alien, came from another planet.”

“When I was a baby,” he said softly. “I was found, adopted, raised by a great family. I was a pretty ordinary kid until around junior high, when my powers started showing up. The flying didn’t happen until I was almost out of high school. That was…something special.”

“But you never told anyone,” Lois said. Superman first appeared a couple years ago, but it didn’t take any special observational talents to see that the man in front of her, whoever he really was, had been out of high school for quite a few years. Lois liked to think that she had a nose for news, and even going back to her college years, she’s fairly certain she would’ve been interested if she had heard stories of a flying man, of someone so strong he could lift mountains, but she had never heard anything like that, not even after Superman arrived, when she had actively looked. So it stood to reason that he hid himself, his talents, from the world in that time. “God, you must’ve been so lonely,” she said, scooting toward him.

He shrugged, his expression becoming tender, but not sad. “I could…can always talk to my parents. They know everything. I told you that my mother made my suit, surely you remember.” Lois closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She had completely forgotten about that. In the excitement of the moment, it had been ignored in favor of the less mundane aspects of his appearance. “It always surprised me that you never looked for me after that, knowing there was a guy out there whose mother owned a sewing machine and bought several stores out of blue spandex.” He seemed amused at the fact, though Lois was still too surprised to know what to think or feel.

“This is…I mean, it’s…educational, I guess,” Lois said with a shake of the head. “And I don’t mean to sound ungrateful, but…why tell me all this?”

His smile grew. “Because I want you to find me.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Catherine took another sip of her coffee and asked, dreading the response, “Wh …what was the woman’s name?”

“La … Lara Ah! Lana Lang! Just a moment, there might be a picture in my bag.”

While Arthur went into his office, Catherine strived not to squirm in her chair. This bit of information that had fallen into her lap was bad, very bad indeed.

“Yes, Anna took this group picture; Daae had copies made for all the guests as a gift commemorating the evening.”

Catherine studied the photo, her green eyes gleamed catlike when she spotted a very chic Lana among the elegantly turned out guests. Gone was the Midwestern small town girl. Now she had transformed into a sophisticated woman. But the American city dweller had departed as well; she wore a blue gown and her blonde hair was pinned into a very pleasing-to-the-eye, sleek chignon – very European. Clark’s so-called girlfriend smiled prettily at Daae, but that was not what caught her attention; the two were holding hands like lovers.

<Oh no! Should I tell Clark?> She thought in a panic.
Seeing the bitter expression on Catherine’s face her companion asked,

“Do you know the young lady?”

“Yes,” Catherine responded, her tone corrosive. “But she is no lady.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
That bombshell is dropped softly, purposely, and yet, before he can do more than gape at her (his super-speed deserting him), she is pacing again, her hands twisting in front of her. “Do you want to know why I was dating Lex?” she asks abruptly.

Clark shakes his head, looks away, tries to convince himself he did not hear what he thought he did (because at this moment, hope is almost more cruel than reality). “Probably not,” he mutters under his breath, sickeningly sure that he about to be handed his heart on a silver platter with a Lois-shaped hole carved out of it yet again.

She throws him a look, all narrowed eyes and pursed-lip warning, but keeps talking anyway. “The reason I dated him--the reason I considered his marriage proposal--is because he can’t hurt me.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“I’m serious.” He said, cupping her cheek with his hand.

“Okay. I won’t tell anyone. What’s going on?”

“The best way to explain this I guess would be to start at the beginning. I want you to understand my sharing this with you is a huge risk. Trask is just one example of what could happen if this got out.”

“Clark, you’re starting to scare me. What’s going on?” Lois asked, moving his hand from her cheek to hold in her own hand.

“Okay, I never told you this, but I’m adopted.”

“That’s why you were doing that story about the adoptions?” Lois asked.

“Partially. It was an assignment and I had a curiosity about it, but I wasn’t your typical adoption.”

“What do you mean?”

“My parents found me in Schuster's Field roughly twenty-eight years ago…in a space ship. Neither of them knew where I had come from. They had a friend of the family create a birth certificate for me; telling everyone I was the child of an unwed teenage relative…” Clark sighed as he continued. Lois was listening with rapt attention. “I had it drilled into my head from the time that I was five years old not to tell anyone or I would be dissected like a frog by a government agency.”

“Oh, Clark…” Lois reached up to stroke his cheek.

“As I got older I started developing different abilities …heat vision, x-ray, the power to defy gravity…Lois, I’m Superman.”

Lois stared at him for a minute. For a minute he thought she was going to slap him. He knew he would deserve it. Instead, she erupted into peals of laughter, “That’s funny. You’re Superman? You almost had me there for a minute, Clark. I think you hit your head harder than you thought.”

“Lois, I’m telling the truth. I am Superman.” Clark argued.

Lois just laughed. “Sure. You’re Superman?” She asked skeptically. “Do something super. Fly.”

“I can’t.” He said solemnly.

“You can’t?” Lois asked.

“Well, there’s this rock..meteorite..they think it came from the same planet as me…it makes me sick and it took away my powers.” He explained hurriedly.

“How convenient,” Lois said sarcastically. She didn’t believe him. Here he was pouring out his heart, revealing himself to her and she didn’t believe him. “Clark, just try and get some sleep.” She gave him a peck on the cheek and rested her head on his chest. This was going to be harder than he thought.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Clark watched helplessly as Lois’ shoulders shook, unable to tell if she was laughing or crying. Finally he crouched down in front of her.

“Lois? Are you okay?”

She raised her tear streaked face and glared at him. “Okay? No, Clark, I am not okay! You just told me that the man I love and the superhero I chased around Metropolis for over a year are the same person! How could I be okay?”

He couldn’t stop himself from smiling, which only provoked another glare from her.

“What are you smiling at?”

“You love me?”

“Yes, but-”

This time he didn’t resist. Leaning forward, he captured her lips with his. For a moment she resisted him, then he felt her lips move under his and silently exulted. Oh, how he’d missed kissing her! She threaded her fingers through the hair at the back of his neck, tugging him closer as her tongue sought, and received, access to his mouth. He moaned deep in his throat as the tip of her tongue found his and pulled her off the couch into his arms, holding her tightly against him as he explored her mouth. All too soon, she was pulling away from him, making him groan in disappointment as she broke their kiss.

“You may not need to, but I need to breathe,” she reminded him.

“I love you, Lois,” he told her seriously. She leaned forward and pressed a lingering kiss to his lips.

“I’m still mad at you.”

“I know. And I’m sorry, Lois. I should have told you earlier. I’ll make it up to you, I promise.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“There you go stealing my clothes again,” He teased, rolling them over so she was straddling him as she slipped the dress shirt on.

“What’s yours is mine,” She shot back, leaning down to kiss him.

“I do have to admit it looks much sexier on you,” He whispered against her lips.

“Hmmm, you’ve been trained well, husband,” She teased.

He laughed, wrapping his arms around her as he rolled them over again so she was beneath him. “Trained?”

“Mmm hmm,” She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him down to her level as she leaned up to capture his lips.

“I love you,” He whispered, cupping her cheek with his thumb.

She stroked her hand against his cheek, “I love you, too,” She kissed his palm, “Personally I think we’ve done pretty good for a 73% compatible,”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
"I know your experience is different than mine. I know you've seen more in your years on Earth than I have. I've heard about this...Superman...that you've created. I know that, right now, the world embraces you for it. But for how long? How long will they love the alien in their midst? How long before they turn their backs on you? How long before they begin to resent and hate you for having abilities they will never have? What then?"

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, I think I know some of these

#51 - A Stark Conversation by Deadly Chakram
#52 - Adieu by Susan Young
#53 - An Incredible Movie Experience by Deadly Chakram
#54 - ??
#55 The Real Me by CLeuch
#55 (both this and previous one listed as #55)- Airport by Morgana
#56 - Ghost of a Chance by AntiKryptonite
#57 - ??
#58 - The Wrong Man by NostalgiaKick
#59 - ??
#60 - Krypton's Legacy by Deadly Chakram

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Well, I think I know some of these

#51 - A Stark Conversation by Deadly Chakram
#52 - Adieu by Susan Young
#53 - An Incredible Movie Experience by Deadly Chakram
#54 - ??
#55A The Real Me by CLeuch
#55B (both this and previous one listed as #55)- Airport by Morgana
#56 - Ghost of a Chance by AntiKryptonite
#57 - ??
#58 - The Wrong Man by NostalgiaKick
#59 - ??
#60 - Krypton's Legacy by Deadly Chakram

haha whoops! I lost count I guess.
We'll call them 55A and 55B haha
#51 - Yep
#52 - The infamous Cat Grant in Adieu yes
#53 - Yes can't go to the movie anymore. Poor Clark
#54 - This is a DeadlyChakram story. That's the only Hint I can think of without giving it away.
#55A - Yes, Clark's speech from the real me
#55B - Yes Cat caught Lana being bad in Airport
#56 - Yep!
#57 - Hint - It's an Epic Length story
#58 - Yes, Clark's revelation in the Wrong Man
#59 - Hint - This one is in the Original Character category. It had a lot of angst but this was one of the few lighter scenes in the story.
#60 - Yes!

Thanks for playing cuidadora! clap

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ah, the hints helped! I think some of these are very challenging, at least to me!!

#54 - Superman Go by Deadly Chakram

#57 - Winner Takes All by you, folc4evernaday

#59 - When Churches Come Crashing Down by you, folc4evernaday

Thanks for all your work in creating this quote quiz!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Ah, the hints helped! I think some of these are very challenging, at least to me!!

#54 - Superman Go by Deadly Chakram

#57 - Winner Takes All by you, folc4evernaday

#59 - When Churches Come Crashing Down by you, folc4evernaday

Thanks for all your work in creating this quote quiz!

I'm trying to do a different theme with the longer ones everyday (ie: first kiss, revelations, etc...) I'm glad you're enjoying the quizzes. It's a fun way to countdown to Kerths

54 - Yes
57 - Yes
59 - Yes

I'll post the next batch in the morning sometime. Thanks for playing. wave hyper

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“Look, Clark, I know you don’t want to see me, and I’ll leave you alone if that’s what you want. But first, I want some answers,” Lois stated.

He ran a hand through his already messy hair. “I guess you’d better come in.”

She’d barely made it into the room when she whirled.

“Why did you leave Metropolis?”

He stuffed his hands into the pockets of his jeans. “I thought that was obvious.”

“Not to me.”

“I knew you’d chosen Scardino. After that… well, there just wasn’t anything left for me there.”

“What about your friends? The Planet? Didn’t they mean anything to you?”

“Of course they did, Lois! But what did you expect me to do? Stay and watch you with him? Maybe dance at your wedding?” He flung the words at her, letting his intense hurt colour them.

“You’re wrong,” she whispered.

“What?”

“I said, you’re wrong. I didn’t choose Dan.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Jack, mixing up his morning cup of coffee, noticed her and said to Stacy, “Doesn’t she have a job?”

Stacy looked at him, shrugged and said, “She still does work with her Father at the museum. You know, helping him put together that Napoleon Bonaparte exhibit. From what I understand it’s going to be quite an evening when the tableaus depicting scenes from his life are revealed to the public. Even the governor will be there.”

“Oh yeah, how did you find out all this stuff? Been listening to the bullpen gossip?”

“No, because I listen to conversations and put together the information, but I don’t say anything to anyone until it’s confirmed. Maybe you should read more than just the sports section. Look under Arts and Leisure in the Daily Planet’s Weekend section.”
Jack, completely embarrassed, shifted the conversation back to Lana.

“Speaking of observation. Do you ever notice how she always shows up for lunch after Clark has an assignment with Lois?” He remarked sarcastically.

“Hmmm, you’re right. Wonder what that’s all about?” Stacy adjusted her glasses and cautiously watched the modern tableau before her. “Right now, I don’t think Ms. Lane and Mr. Kent are on speaking terms…”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
He decided that he needed to be honest with her. “Morgana, there is no other girl that I like better than you, but that’s all it is ... I like you, but not in a romantic way. You are a good friend, but I’m afraid that is all we ever will be … friends.”

Morgana sighed and said, “I guess I need to start packing for the trip then. I was hoping you’d ask me to stay, but I understand.”

She thought back to their first meeting. She had asked if he had a girlfriend and he had said that he didn’t date. She had known since the kiss after the Homecoming Dance just who Jon Kent was. She couldn’t get over the fact that his kiss seemed so … familiar, somehow. Then the memory of seeing him in his spandex workout gear came to mind and the image of Kam-El in his uniform and it all came together. Jon Kent was Kam-El. He had saved her life … several times over.

Jon Kent was Kam-El which meant that in all probability, Lara was Ultra Woman 2 which made Clark Kent and Lois Lane, Superman and Ultra Woman. The fact that she knew the identities of what she now thought of as the Super Family staggered her. She also knew that if anyone even suspected that she knew who they were some unscrupulous fiends would stop at nothing to wring that information from her so it was best all around if no one even suspected that she knew, not even Jon. Perhaps, some day in the future she’d meet him again and tell him what she knew, but that wouldn’t be for many years.

The fact that Lois Lane and Clark Kent were married told her that they do marry and have children so maybe, in that day that they meet again, if he still was single… There might still be a chance for her.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
He head snapped up and in an instant she had launched herself into his arms. "Oh Clark, I thought maybe you weren't home... I don't even know why I'm here, but I just need someone to talk to... Lucy and I haven't really talked in ages and there's *no way* I'm going to my mother for advice... I just don't know what to do, it's all too quick and new and..." To Clark's shock she cut off her own babble and buried her face in his shoulder before whispering so quietly that he doubted a normal man could have heard her, "I just need my best friend..."

Clark wondered what in the world could have happened after her 'wonderful' date... had someone gotten hurt? She mentioned her mom and sister, maybe her dad? The uncle she'd mentioned a scant handful of times? He hoped whatever it was wasn't something Superman could have helped with, he had been too drained emotionally to go looking for places to intervene, though he wouldn't have ignored anything he had *actually* heard... Clark shook himself internally, he was picking up the Lane babbling habit even if only in his head.

He squeezed Lois in a reassuring hug before guiding her to his sofa. "We can talk all you want, Lois. But first do you want some tea?" he offered.

Lois shook her head and replied, "No, not now..."

Clark nodded and settled in next to her on the couch. "What happened, Lois?" he asked in a gentle voice.

"Lex proposed," she dropped the bombshell in his lap and it took everything in him not to physically react to it.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
"Superman?" she asked, looking to Mayson. "I don't understand. I thought you said Clark was in trouble."

"He is, can't you see that?"

"Mayson, for the love of God, don't jerk me ar..." She bit off her words abruptly and looked back at the sleeping face next to her. "C...Clark?"

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard