Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#273660 02/15/17 01:21 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Anyone else seen this? A wacky office comedy set in the DC universe but a city that I don't think has been mentioned before. Everyone works for a Wayne Industries subsidiary, Wayne Security, that is supposed to develop remedies to the problems of their world. The heroine is the new head of R&D; the boss is Bruce Wayne's cousin, played by Alan Tudyk (Wash in Firefly), who wants Bruce Wayne to shut the place down and fire everyone so that he can move to a penthouse in Gotham City. The pitch for one of the prototype products begins:

"We all know that the number one cause of accidents in the workplace is Superman crashing through windows mid-fight..."

Silly, but fun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerless_(TV_series)

Last edited by Marcus Rowland; 02/15/17 01:21 PM.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've seen the preview / trailer, but nothing more. It looks funny, though. (I don't have cable, so I'm a year behind everyone who does.) Has it started airing?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I've watched the first three episodes online for free on NBC's web site. The show has its moments, but I don't plan to watch any more episodes for the same reason that I never got into Seinfeld -- when I watch a show, I want there to be at least one sympathetic character I can relate to. Every single character on Powerless is lazy, lying, scheming, self-centered, mean, or -- more often -- several of the above. And to be honest, much of the humour struck me as just plain dumb. The show is definitely not a good use of my limited free time. But tastes differ and your mileage may vary. The good news is that NBC is making the show available for free on its site, so you lose nothing by giving it a try.

Joy,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I like it. It's goofy fun with a well-crafted powerless plot.

It wouldn't work with LnC's Metropolis--too little collateral damage. Which is sad, because, the possibilities! Although, last episodes vat-plot got me thinking: what if Lois fell into the 100% proof Revenge vat?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I've pointed out some issues re product liability, patents, etc. to the people who do the Law and the Multiverse blog. It'll be interesting to see what they make of it if they cover it.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard