“Nightfall is coming,” Lex told her. “I... have protection, but not for everyone. I … of course mean to offer you protection.”

Lois nodded. Fortunately whatever dark paths he may have once taken – he seemed willing to play ‘nice’ now. Whatever disturbing interactions his doppelgängers had with hers, he never once approached her in a lustful sense.

“I … cannot – do that,” she said. “I’ll die free.”

“It would never be a prison. I would never be a jailer. I truly offer you a platonic situation. I hope you believe me.”

“I didn’t mean to offend you – I just can’t be caged. And a bunker would feel like a cage. I still feel like I’m suffering from lack of sun.”

“Fair enough,” he said. “Honestly - I don’t think I could stay hidden either. “

“So we call him.”

“You call him. It’s the best way. The world leaders don’t know he gave either of us communication devices , so we can do as we see fit.”

She nodded.

“Do you think he would come?”

“If you asked for him, he would come.”

“I know. Zara would as well,” she mused. “I know that it’s survivable – but I feel guilty asking.”

“We ask for no more than two– we don’t want to tempt anyone with the return of their powers. Imagine having had them, and then losing them. I refuse to put our world at risk.”

She nodded.

“Not to mention, trigger happy world leaders with red radiation. I don’t want to start a war, either. “

“Then it’s decided. We do this.”

Last edited by L; 03/25/17 09:26 PM.