Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Topic Options
#274106 - 03/10/17 03:02 PM Favourite Lois and Clark quote?
NostalgiaKick Online   content
Columnist

Loc: Toowoomba, Australia
Hi everyone

We're working on a project for the Kerths and we need your help!

What is your favourite Lois and Clark quote?

#274119 - 03/10/17 11:18 PM Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? [Re: NostalgiaKick]
groobie Online   content
Kerth

Loc: Riverside, California
"Hello! Duh!" rotflol

#274123 - 03/11/17 01:34 AM Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? [Re: NostalgiaKick]
VirginiaR Online   content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: NostalgiaKick
What is your favourite Lois and Clark quote?
From the show, or just from Lois and Clark on the show?
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

#274124 - 03/11/17 04:30 AM Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? [Re: NostalgiaKick]
Columnist

From the show in general, Virginia smile

#274125 - 03/11/17 05:02 AM Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? [Re: NostalgiaKick]
Crazy_Babe Online   content
Merriwether

Loc: Sydney Australia
'Lois is in trouble, Lois is in trouble'

Helen Keller

#274127 - 03/11/17 06:14 AM Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? [Re: NostalgiaKick]
folc4evernaday Online   content
Merriwether

Loc: Birmingham, AL
L: You are Superman
CK: No, Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am.

#274170 - 03/13/17 03:49 PM Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? [Re: NostalgiaKick]
Happy Birthday LMA Offline
Top Banana

''I said nine. I thought you'd be naked...ready." Lois in the Pilot

"You are low man. I'm top banana. That's the way I like it. Comprende?"
"You like to be on top. Got it."
Lois and Clark in the Pilot

"Good night, Lois...Lois, goodnight...GOODNIGHT LOIS!!!" Clark in HIM

"There is no such word as 'chumpy'."
"Of course there is. Someone is a 'chump'. Therefore he is 'chumpy'."
"Try again."
"Are you challenging me?"
"You bet your sweet little 'chumpy' I am"
----
"Told ya."
"You call this a dictionary?!?"
Clark and Lois in HIM

"Ever since we met, or at least ever since I took the time to listen, something about you has always made sense to me."
Lois in DTOSC

"And the truth is...?"
"The truth is what you tell me. And what I tell you. Because that's the type of relationship we have."
"Lois, the best day of my life was the day you found out I was Superman. It meant no more secrets. I am done hiding things from you."
"I know. I guess I'm still getting used to that."
Clark and Lois in COTOC

"Lois, I have loved you from the beginning."
"And I will love you to the end."
"And in my heart, I am you husband."
"And I'm your wife."
"Always."
Clark and Lois in BGDF

Well, that was fun smile. Some of these were definitely longer than a single quote, but some of my favorite lines were sorta part of some of my favorites scenes...
Laura

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

#274180 - 03/14/17 11:48 AM Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? [Re: NostalgiaKick]
cuidadora Offline
Beat Reporter

Loc: East Coast USA
All of the above. lol

Plus:

"Honey, we don't care if you're a Russian or a Martian. And we didn't care then. You were ours. That's all we knew and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha to Clark in "Strange Visitor"

"Boy, I must be in trouble. The cavalry's here." ~ Clark to Martha & Jonathan in "Chip Off the Old Clark"

"Honey, we don't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"Boy, I must be in trouble. The cavalry's here." ~ Clark in Chip Off the Old Clark

#274182 - 03/14/17 09:20 PM Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? [Re: NostalgiaKick]
Top Banana

Great ones, cuidadora smile...

I love how close Clark is with his parents. One of the best parts of the show. These quotes really showcase that relationship.

Laura

#274210 - 03/16/17 03:23 AM Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? [Re: NostalgiaKick]
Columnist

Thanks everyone! These are great, please keep them coming! smile

#274212 - 03/16/17 05:09 AM Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? [Re: NostalgiaKick]
Crazy_Babe Online   content
Merriwether

Loc: Sydney Australia
From Season's Greedings as well:
'I never spanked you I never had to, but right now I'd like to drop your britches and tan your hide like cheap leather.' Martha to Clark still has me giggling at the thought of Clark being reprimanded. The Man of Steel obviously no match for his mother!

'Well, what he can't do, it doesn't matter. It's the idea of Superman. Someone to believe in, someone to build a few hopes around. Whatever he can do, that's enough. I just wish that I could tell him that.' Lois to Clark in Neverending Battle

Edited by Crazy_Babe (03/17/17 04:48 AM)
Edit Reason: Typo

Helen Keller

#274234 - 03/17/17 12:02 PM Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? [Re: NostalgiaKick]
Deadly Chakram Online   happy
Pulitzer

Loc: Connecticut
Good quotes so far. Always did like the two from my sig:

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"It's all weird! We live in Metropolis!" ~ Jimmy Olsen

And this from Ultra Woman:

LOIS
You know, if somebody asked me three days ago, 'Who's the one person in the world you really admire?' I'd've said you. Without really knowing what that meant. Without understanding that the hardest thing about _being_ you is all the things you can't do; all the cries for help you can never answer; and all the ways that quietly tears you apart...but never stops you. And living a little of that myself, I felt something... something I never thought was possible.

CLARK

What?

LOIS
I love you more. More than I ever have...more than thought I could love anyone.

I'll try to think of more, but my kids aren't giving me much of an opportunity to do it right now.

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"It's all weird! We live in Metropolis!" ~ Jimmy Olsen

#274242 - 03/17/17 04:30 PM Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? [Re: NostalgiaKick]
Top Banana

I had a few moments, so....how about a couple more? hyper

"Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?"
"Now, lets see...so far I've been given a glimpse at ritual corn worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I've insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this..."
"You're having more fun than you want to admit."
"Oh?"
"Sure, you had three hot dogs at the festival."
"See, that shows how well you don't know me. I only eat like that when I am miserable..."
Clark and Lois in GGGoH rotflol

"And we are friends, right?"
"Sure we're friends."
"Are we...more than friends?"
"More than...? I told you. We're partners. We work closely together."
"How close?"
"Close. Not close, close. But close..."
"I bet you're a great reporter."
"See? Your memory is already starting to come back..."
Clark and Lois in ASU ( notworthy --given to Clark for trying really hard here, love it!)

"Hey, Lois, this asteroid was no picnic for me, either."
"Clark, Superman put it all on the line, TWICE. You, you fell into a bunch of garbage cans in the dark. I hardly think you can put youself in the same league as him."
"Whatever you say, Lois. Whatever-you-say."
Clark and Lois ending ASU clap. The script had Lois' line a bit differently, but I don't think it was spoken as written. This was more how I remember it (another one of my all-time favorite episodes grin ).

"You ever get the feeling we'll never really know everything that's going on with them?"
"Hey Chief?"
"Yeah?"
"Instead of always standing around watching Lois and Clark, wondering what they're doing, what if we... I don't know... got lives of our own that were a little more interesting?"
"Son, you're shootin' a bullseye. It's like we're supporting character in some TV show that's only about them..."
"...and all we do is advance their plots..."
"...and I, for one, am sick of it."
"Man, me, too."
Perry and Jimmy in ATAI jump lol. That is some awesome script writing--great!

What a wonderful show...
Laura

Edited by LMA (03/17/17 04:38 PM)

#274243 - 03/17/17 04:51 PM Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? [Re: NostalgiaKick]
Top Banana

"Lois, I have loved you from the moment I saw you. I love your humor, your passion...the way you just dive right in--even when you shouldn't. Because you refuse to just watch the world. You demand that it be a better place, and because of you, it is. And today, I want to give you as much as the world as I can. So I give you my heart, my soul...and our future."

"Clark, you're my best friend. Before I met you, I never had a best friend. And falling in love with you has been so easy, I don't know why I fought it for so long. You have such gentle grace, and such quiet strength, but mostly...such incredible kindness. I've never known anyone with as pure a heart. So today, I give you my love, my honor, and our life...together."

Clark and Lois in STGTTWNK love grin clap notworthy. I took this mostly from the script, but made the changes, I believe, that were actually 'spoken' when filmed.

Had to include the wedding vows smile
Laura

Edited by LMA (03/17/17 05:58 PM)

#275829 - 06/18/17 01:32 PM Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? [Re: NostalgiaKick]
Shallowford Offline
Columnist

Loc: Michigan's thumb
"Couldn't we...I don't know... kill him?"

"I'm just a bird in a gilded case."

"Can a store keep you warm at night? Can a store call you 'honey bunny?' Can a store.... Oh, What else can't stores do?"

Mindy Church, Home is Where the Hurt is.

Moderator:  MissyG, Saskia