Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#274070 03/10/17 01:56 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's been brought to our attention that mIRC is typically problematic for people to get into. Viruses, poor server stability, and generally confusing set up make it less than ideal to host the Kerth ceremony and chat.

As a result, NK, Folc4evernaday, and I have made the decision to move this year's chat and ceremony to Google Hangouts. Our suggestion is to come and hangout some time before the awards on April 29, to get used to it. It's pretty much a standard chat room and way less confusing than mIRC.

Here are the links:

Kerth Ceremony

Kerth Chat

As usual, we ask that all chatter be kept to the Chat itself, and only the presenters and winners use the Ceremony to speak in.

Thanks, and if you have any questions, please ask!

ETA: An added bonus of Hangouts is that you will be able to read all the previous messages in the links if you have to come in late or log out and back in for any reason.

Last edited by Deadly Chakram; 03/10/17 02:16 AM.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Google Hangouts has the added bonus of being available on your phone or tablet as well smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
Google Hangouts has the added bonus of being available on your phone or tablet as well smile

Yes, very important! Thanks for pointing that out! wave

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I don't (and *won't*) have a personal Google account; therefore, I will be missing the ceremony. Would it be possible to make a transcript of it available in a way that does not require a Google account to see?

Thanks,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I don't (and *won't*) have a personal Google account; therefore, I will be missing the ceremony. Would it be possible to make a transcript of it available in a way that does not require a Google account to see?

Thanks,
Lynn

It should work without the Google account.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Lynn- you don't need a google account to access it from your computer. Your regular email address will work smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Really? Live and learn. Thanks. smile

- Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer

Very true! I also wanted to add that it has the added bonus of not requiring you to download anything to use it.

If you have a Google Account great, but if not the links above will allow you to join Hangouts without the account. Just click the link and you're in. smile The three of us did extensive testing to be sure wink

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great, thanks for setting it up!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
X
Blogger
Blogger
X
I don't post often, so please pardon a brief correction here:

IRC *is* accessible from either your cell or tablet.

Just like accessing Google Hangouts, all you have to do is download an app. Be sure to search apps for "irc" (not "mirc").

Personally, I like AndChat, but there are various, free apps.

Xi

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Bumping this up top. Reminder - the Kerth ceremony takes place this weekend, April 29 at 4pm CST. Please remember to add an hour when you adjust for your time zone, if you are in an area that observes Daylight Savings Time.

Can't wait to see you all there!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Absolutely!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Here's a list of local times for the ceremony

Central Standard Time is GMT/UTC-6

Anchorage- 2pm
Auckland (NZ)- 10am Sunday
Bangkok- 5am Sunday
Berlin- 12am (midnight) Sunday
Brisbane- 8am Sunday
Calgary- 4pm
Chicago- 5pm
Honolulu- 8am
London- 11pm
Los Angeles- 3pm
Mexico City- 5pm
Moscow- 1am Sunday
New Delhi- 3.30am Sunday
New York- 6pm
Paris- 12am (midnight) Sunday
Perth- 6am Sunday
Rio- 7pm
Salt Lake City- 4pm
Singapore- 6am Sunday
Sydney- 8am Sunday
Tel Aviv- 1am Sunday
Tokyo- 7am Sunday
Toronto- 6pm
Vancouver- 3pm

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, you've totally confused me. I thought this started at 4pm CENTRAL time zone (ie. Chicago & Kansas). But now you're saying it's 4pm MOUNTAIN time zone (Salt Lake City). I've done all my planning for 2pm PST (Los Angeles/Vancouver). When does this thing start again?

Hi everyone!

We've shut down the Kerth ceremony poll. The Kerth ceremony will be held in Google Hangouts on April 29th at 4pm Central Standard Time (GMT/UTC -6)

You can use Google Hangouts via your computer or mobile device. Kerth Chat is the venue for chat about the Kerth Awards. Kerth Ceremony is the venue for the ceremony itself. Feel free to join them at any time to test it out smile
Just a quick note- to use Hangouts on your mobile device, you'll need to download the free app, available on both iOS and Android.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi
Timezones...sigh...
London 11pm daylight savings time is gmt 10pm utc.
For New York that's 5pm utc and Los Angeles 2pm utc and 3pm daylight.

Vicki posted the time as gmt/utc so you have the daylight adjustment.

:waves: Michael

Last edited by Darth Michael; 04/28/17 04:17 AM.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
It starts at 4pm Central STANDARD Time (which is currently the same as Mountain Time). I forgot to adjust for daylight savings when I set the times as we don't observe it in my state.

That's why I did up the list above. All of the times on the list above are current local times (including the daylight savings)

Last edited by NostalgiaKick; 04/28/17 07:29 AM.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks so much for all your hard work on setting up a Time Zone list.
I plan on being by my computer at 5:00. Hubby's dinner will be ready long before than!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I will try to be there. I have a performance tomorrow, but if my phone can get a signal, I may be able to participate while I'm backstage.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, ladies! Hope to see you there!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Reminder: We ask that all chatter be kept to the Chat itself, and only the presenters and winners use the Ceremony to speak.

Here are the links:

Kerth Ceremony

Kerth Chat

4pm CDT (5pm CST) is when the Ceremony will begin.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard