Name: Cindy

Occupation: Civil Engineer. I design roads, trails, storm sewers, etc. And...talk about your boy's club.... I balance that by helping with my daughter's Girl Scout troop...it's like a different world.

Things You Enjoy: Those quiet moments when my kids are off doing something and my husband is otherwise occupied and I can quietly watch a show or read something with a kitten snuggled in my lap. Outside of that, I occasionally play in the band at my alma mater; we follow basketball at the alma mater, too. I like to write when I have time, which isn't very often. I've gotten into comics of late, now that comics Superman officially has a son (I wrote about that before it was cool!).

What You Love Most About LnC: I agree with Virginia here. I also grew up with the Christopher Reeve Superman movies - my dad had them on Betamax and I watched those (and Star Wars) ad nauseum as a kid. It always bothered me that Clark was a disguise. If he grew up on Earth, isn't that who he is? LnC originally aired when I was in high school, and it finally got things right - Clark was the guy, Superman was the disguise (and it helped that they were both hot). I also empathized with Lois a great deal. I didn't always agree with her, but I got that she was going to do what she was going to do no matter what other people thought. The romance was a bonus, and it grew very organically. I did almost give up on the show at the end of season 2, when Clark STILL couldn't find a way to tell Lois who he was. They did get it right, though, and I'm glad I stuck with it. It's still my favorite TV romance ever.

I got into fanfic in college, a year or two after the show went off the air. I found The Unaired Fifth Season (TUFS) first, and that lead to the archive - Meet Me in Kansas City I think was the first fic I read. I would up writing my own story and submitting it to the archive, and only later did I finally get brave enough to go to the boards and IRC and talk with other FoLCs. I've been to a couple of FoLC gatherings, the last of which was...uh...2002 I think.

Favorite Episodes:
I'm a big season 2 / season 3 person:
AKA Superman
We Have A Lot To Talk About
Bolt From the Blue
Tempus Fugitive
Lucky Leon
Ultra Woman

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."